Home

Soooo Some Buddies and I Developing A Football Game

This is a discussion on Soooo Some Buddies and I Developing A Football Game within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2021, 07:03 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Soooo Some Buddies and I Developing A Football Game

Will it be possible for coaches to change their schemes/playbooks to fit personnel, or are those items locked in?
Old 02-02-2021, 10:32 PM   #18

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

What are you using to write this code?
Old 02-03-2021, 04:45 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey_v14
Will it be possible for coaches to change their schemes/playbooks to fit personnel, or are those items locked in?

Come on now this isn't the future of EA...of course the coaches schemes and playbooks will able to be changed, through editing. However, his schemes and playbooks will either increase production out of the team or the team will struggle.
Old 02-03-2021, 04:46 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
What are you using to write this code?
After a meeting in October, my developmental director convinced me that the Unity Engine is a better engine for customization and everything I envision instead of the Unreal Engine 5. Aside from that detail, I will ask him which code source he is using other than the Unity Engine.
Old 02-03-2021, 04:59 PM   #21
Rookie

Do you have an idea for how playbooks and sub packages will be structured in the game? How about depth charts? Though Madden has made strides, their depth charts still treat some positions to loosely; there should be separate depth charts for X & Z receivers, middle & will/ted backers for 3-4, etc. It would be nice to be able to set our own sub packages per position group also rather than having to rely on a pre-determined package based on depth charts only.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2021, 05:13 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Do you have an idea for how playbooks and sub packages will be structured in the game? How about depth charts? Though Madden has made strides, their depth charts still treat some positions to loosely; there should be separate depth charts for X & Z receivers, middle & will/ted backers for 3-4, etc. It would be nice to be able to set our own sub packages per position group also rather than having to rely on a pre-determined package based on depth charts only.
Playbooks will be similar to Madden. I will look deeper into the playbooks in other games to get a feel of what would be the best course of action.

Depth charts will be the same, but the 4th and 5th spot of each depth position will be designated for the practice squad.

I will break one major secret, Project Waterboy will have the Double Wide and Double Slot defensive plays in its game harping back to the days of Madden 05 and 06 where the safeties can double a key WR.
Old 02-03-2021, 06:28 PM   #23
Rookie

How about defensive player reactions? What things will they react to? Will different positions react/key to different items? In Madden pretty much every defender knows what's happening at all times which is why play action and misdirects don't work as intended. It'd be nice to see a DL or LB react to OL movement or watch a safety actually bite on the run action. It may be asking too much in terms of game capability, but a players eyes/head position should play into this as well. If a CB is trailing WR won't notice if a running play is occurring until they get their head around or at least not for a while.
Old 02-06-2021, 05:24 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
How about defensive player reactions? What things will they react to? Will different positions react/key to different items? In Madden pretty much every defender knows what's happening at all times which is why play action and misdirects don't work as intended. It'd be nice to see a DL or LB react to OL movement or watch a safety actually bite on the run action. It may be asking too much in terms of game capability, but a players eyes/head position should play into this as well. If a CB is trailing WR won't notice if a running play is occurring until they get their head around or at least not for a while.
Defensive players will react differently based upon if they fit the system or not. We're weighing the option of having the players have actual voices to give their displeasure or have them relay their thoughts through social media, phone call, or memo. For in-game instances (mainly during key games or against key teams), all players will receive a slight attribute boost with free rewards after each key games. If the player has a low recognition attribute rating, they will be clueless to the pattern and trends of the other team making it easier to attack them constantly.

So instead of having a 50 rated player who fully understand everything, if they have a low rating their play and performance will reflect that, making it that much harder to invest in one or two player during national signing day.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »