Home

NFL Announces Partnership with StatusPRO to Develop Annual VR NFL Licensed Football Game

This is a discussion on NFL Announces Partnership with StatusPRO to Develop Annual VR NFL Licensed Football Game within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-23-2022, 10:07 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NFL Announces Partnership with StatusPRO to Develop Annual VR NFL Licensed Football Game

The NFL has partnered with StatusPRO to develop an annual NFL licensed VR football game on...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2022, 07:07 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NFL Announces Partnership with StatusPRO to Develop Annual VR NFL Licensed Footba

This is interesting with the whole EA simulation contract.
Old 03-24-2022, 11:26 PM   #3
Rookie

Big Bankhead's Arena

Re: NFL Announces Partnership with StatusPRO to Develop Annual VR NFL Licensed Footba

I’m all for more options out there. Hopefully this puts one step closer for other companies being able to make NFL simulation football games.
"If you look good, you feel good. If you feel good, you play good. If you play good, they pay good." - Deion Sanders #21

Ravens!
Lakers!
Yankees!

PSN: Spartan387
XBGT: KobraTheKing
Old 03-25-2022, 08:17 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebirdz
This is interesting with the whole EA simulation contract.
I am assuming the fact this is specifically noted to be a VR game puts it in a different category. EA still has exclusivity for a sim game.
Old 03-25-2022, 10:13 AM   #5
Rookie

I guess it's time to dust off the ole high school jersey and run some routes in the back yard. Maybe hit a treadmill a couple times as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2022, 06:21 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
I am assuming the fact this is specifically noted to be a VR game puts it in a different category. EA still has exclusivity for a sim game.
This will probably be a throwing drill-type game. Doubt it will be a First-Person football like 2k. As I posted in another thread I'm starting to think the only thing considered NFL sim is 11v11.
Old 03-28-2022, 02:59 AM   #7
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
This will be a sim game, but what the game actually ends up being remains to be seen.

They currently produce VR training used by players to supplement actual practice, presumably they'll make a consumer-centric version of those products.

There's always been a bit of nuance w/ the exclusivity, a number of NFL licensed mobile games have come and gone for example in the last decade or two.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »