Home

Football Simulator-Early Access Trailer

This is a discussion on Football Simulator-Early Access Trailer within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2022, 01:31 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Football Simulator-Early Access Trailer

I like this too. No yearly release schedule, just ongoing improvements and development.

Burba:

"We want to make something heavily modable, with heavy community involvement. Something that's inexpensive, that's evergreen, that has tons of features and is moving past that idea of a yearly game"
Old 06-12-2022, 05:43 PM   #10
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

The graphics look good and the physics look fun. The play-by-play voice actor they recorded has a strong authoritative voice, he fits the bill. The player indicator arrow is obviously inspired by the very first NFL 2K game.

Having praised the positives - the challenge any high-fidelity independent football game is going to face is that it has to engage with the idea of playing intelligent football.

For example, one of the defensive plays diagrammed in this trailer was a 2 Man Under call, but one of the underneath defenders who should have man coverage responsibility was assigned to blitz. That's a totally nonsensical coverage call because it doesn't even begin to account for every receiver. Between this and a number of other examples - the offensive line play looked atrocious as well - I don't get the impression that the people making this football game really understand the mechanics of the sport of football.

It's early access so obviously there's a way's to go yet, so maybe embedding that knowledge is coming down the road. For now, it is going to take more than rag dolls and modding for me to give this game a chance.

Last edited by CM Hooe; 06-12-2022 at 06:00 PM. Reason: I accidentally a word
Old 06-12-2022, 05:58 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
The graphics look good and the physics look fun. The play-by-play voice actor they recorded has a strong authoritative voice, he fits the bill. The player indicator arrow is obviously inspired by the very first NFL 2K game.

Having praised the positives - the challenge any high-fidelity independent football game is going to face is that it has to engage with the idea of playing intelligent football.

For example, one of the defensive plays diagrammed in this trailer was a 2 Man Under call, but one of the underneath defenders who should have man coverage responsibility was assigned to blitz. That's a totally nonsensical coverage call because it doesn't even begin to account for every receiver. Between this a number of other examples - the offensive line play looked atrocious as well - I don't get the impression that the people making this football game really understand the mechanics of the sport of football.

It's early access so obviously there's a way's to go yet, so maybe embedding that knowledge is coming down the road. For now, it is going to take more than rag dolls and modding for me to give this game a chance.
Yeah the offensive and defensive line play is really bad. That is the main frustration for me at this stage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2022, 06:12 PM   #12
Rookie

HesiPullupJimbo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAL4
I have played a little over 10 hours now. In its current state it can be frustrating but I have some experiences that I said wow on several times. That has not happened in nearly a decade for me in a non Madden football game lol.

Anyone know if there is a Discord channel for this game yet? I could see a nice community building up around this IF they keep actively developing it.

I'm on the discord channel, but they don't let me send invites. You can find a link in the steam discussion board.
Old 06-12-2022, 06:20 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HesiPullupJimbo
I'm on the discord channel, but they don't let me send invites. You can find a link in the steam discussion board.
Thanks. I just realized they have the Discord on one of the splash pages in the game.

Last edited by DCAL4; 06-12-2022 at 07:37 PM.
Old 06-19-2022, 10:56 AM   #14
Rookie

Made a trailer style Football Simulator highlight vid:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ivAcqwpSbfs
Old 07-07-2022, 09:17 AM   #15
Rookie

I have gone a little crazy modding pop culture stuff into Football Simulator ��

https://postimg.cc/gallery/YQg9bQN
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2022, 02:23 PM   #16
Rookie

A new Football Simulator video with highlights from v0.04a

Also, devs about to drop a big performance update that will fix frame rate by quite a bit.

Some modded college teams in the second half of the video(with some other modded teams)

Florida, Georgia, Miami, Boston College, USC, UCLA

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MTqEHmy382Y

Last edited by DCAL4; 07-28-2022 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Spelling

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »