Home

Sony San Diego Making Hockey Game?

This is a discussion on Sony San Diego Making Hockey Game? within the Other Hockey Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2014, 04:55 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Sony San Diego Making Hockey Game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHAMISASHAME
As a gamer and a huge sports fan I cant understand why anyone would wanna play a game thats lacks any true skill or interaction at key moments as the gameplay just comes off as a fraud regardless if the advantage favors you or the cpu .
Because, as a sports fan and a gamer, I want the players to play to their skills, not to MY skill.

I don't want to take a .200 hitter and hit .400 because I know how to use the sticks to get perfect results.

If the guy could hit that well, he wouldn't be a .200 hitter. As a sports fan, a .200 hitter hitting .400 for a season is just as much a fraud.
Old 07-02-2014, 12:49 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Because, as a sports fan and a gamer, I want the players to play to their skills, not to MY skill.

I don't want to take a .200 hitter and hit .400 because I know how to use the sticks to get perfect results.

If the guy could hit that well, he wouldn't be a .200 hitter. As a sports fan, a .200 hitter hitting .400 for a season is just as much a fraud.
I agree completely. And this is a huge division among gamers. I don't see the point of a franchise or career mode if the skills of the gamer would be the main determining factor in success. Why build a team if I can win with scrubs? Games do not do this enough for my liking. In fact, the last game that did this great was the Front Page Sports series - no difficulty settings, since the difficulty of the game was dependent on the skills of the players, not that of the gamer.
Old 07-02-2014, 09:37 PM   #19
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
I agree completely. And this is a huge division among gamers. I don't see the point of a franchise or career mode if the skills of the gamer would be the main determining factor in success. Why build a team if I can win with scrubs? Games do not do this enough for my liking. In fact, the last game that did this great was the Front Page Sports series - no difficulty settings, since the difficulty of the game was dependent on the skills of the players, not that of the gamer.
You both misunderstand me as I dont want unrealistic play or arcade numbers BUT I also dont want mlb the show on ice where you have little input at key moments .

I think with good programming , player attributes and Human skill it can still be blended realistically and interactive as games dont need all this random forced sim and I cant tell you how many times I hit a ball great and got nothing and other times swung poorly and was rewarded Its like I wasnt even playing at key moments I mean who wants to play a game with what they do skill wise when it doesnt even matter ?

IMO these sports games are being way over programmed for sim sake which then overtime really lessen the fun and immersion and if I want a true NHL sim I would recommend a cpu or a board game like Strat o Matic Hockey and in closing with the more forced sim AI being added to these sports games it will lose the purchase of casual gamers which will then effect the budgets for future versions.

Last edited by THESHAMISASHAME; 07-02-2014 at 10:03 PM.
Old 09-06-2014, 06:18 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 1

this still a possibility>?
Old 09-08-2014, 07:24 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0

I wish this was true. That or 2K

or even better SCEA, 2K, and EA all making games

THAT would be some competition. Could you imagine?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2014, 10:15 PM   #22
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

It will never happen boys the NHL doesnt sell enough units as a base , kinda why EA chose to bring back elite/live and not do MVP baseball as theres just not enough of a possible buyer base with a MLB game .
Old 09-12-2014, 04:17 AM   #23
Rookie

steeleye5's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHAMISASHAME
It will never happen boys the NHL doesnt sell enough units as a base , kinda why EA chose to bring back elite/live and not do MVP baseball as theres just not enough of a possible buyer base with a MLB game .
yea, as sad as it is to admit, Hockey and Baseball arent as popular as they were in say the 70s and 80s. I think it's more sad for baseball considering a trip to the ballpark used to be the equivalent of going to a football game today.

I do think however there can be room on the market for a new game, Ea may have a foothold in the market... but that doesn't mean gamers would be loyal to them. However I don't see it happening

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games »