Home

The Next Greatest | FNR4

This is a discussion on The Next Greatest | FNR4 within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2011, 09:27 PM   #1
Banned

flakeypastry's Arena

OVR: 0
The Next Greatest | FNR4

The Next Greatest

A FNR4 Legacy
Xbox 360
Difficulty: Pro
Custom Sliders

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2011, 09:42 PM   #2
Banned

flakeypastry's Arena

Re: The Next Greatest | FNR4

The Edmonton Paper
Article By: Steven Rodriguez

Edmonton, AB

Local fighter heads to Chicago

Edmonton is known for many things. One of the largest malls in North America, home of the Edmonton Oilers and the capital of Alberta. But boxers? Edmonton has never produced a boxer particularly great. However, Braeden Alexander has been on a quest to end that.

Braeden Alexander is heading to Windy City Boxing Club in Chicago, IL, for the North American Amateur Boxing Championship. Braeden started boxing when he was 13, and has been practicing for this tournament for the last 3 years. He has reached the end of his Amateur career and if he wins this tournament he is guaranteed a spot in the pros.

His step-father started training him when they became family, and Braeden loved it. Now he is heading with his step-father to try and see if he's became the best amateur boxer in North America.

"It's been a dream come true," says Braeden, "I have been working for this for a while. The training was hard, the diet was strict. I had little time for friends if I wanted to get where I wanted to, although my social life wasn't dead. Now that I've finally earned my place I don't want to leave without a fight (which I'll have to do either way)."

The tournament starteds July 1st, 2008. If Braeden wins he'll be able to start a pro career if he wished, along with a 10'000$ winning bonus, and of course a big trophy to hang in his room.

"If I win this tournament I hope to add a few Championship Belts with it."

Fighting in the Light Heavyweight division, it seems like Braeden and his father intend to bring something nice back with them from Chicago.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:55 PM   #3
Banned

flakeypastry's Arena

The Edmonton Paper

Edmonton Native brings back the trophy

Braeden Alexander left Edmonton one week ago heading to Chicago for the North American Amateur Boxing Championship. There, 16 of the best North American amateurs fought it out, and the Edmonton Native won it all. He fought through four grueling match ups and he ended up on top, winning not only a trophy and 10'000$ but a shot in Professional Boxing. An exhausted Braeden had this to say after his championship match up.

"It's been a dream come true. Boxing has been great to me the last 5 years, and I am so happy that I am the best Amateur boxer in North America. The honour is just incredible, and I am definitely going pro when the offer hits my doorstep. I hope the pros are as nice to me as the Amateurs were."

Now that he's been crowned the champ in a great 4 round Championship bout that had everybody on the edge of their seat as he got the knock out in the final round. His fighting got better as the tournament went on, but so did his opponents. The final match was a thriller, and we can only hope that the rest of his career matches this in excitement.

1st fight
R. Bush (2nd rd KO)

2nd fight
C. King (2nd rd KO)

3rd fight
D. Mckinney (3rd rd KO)

Championship bout
C. Weaver (4th rd KO)

Awards
Overall Fighter of the Tournament
Fight of the Tournament (v. C. Weaver)
Light Heavyweight Champion

Old 07-06-2011, 11:38 AM   #4
Banned

flakeypastry's Arena

The Edmonton Paper
Edmonton, AB

Braeden Alexander finishes great year

Braeden Alexander turned pro at the beginning of January 2009, and has had a great first year in the world of pro boxing. He has finished with a great record of 7(7)-0-0, a great start to a rookie boxer, fighting pros who have been waiting years for a breakthrough like this. His natural skill is apparent, despite the fact that many of his opponents have superior reach and strength, he finds a way to get inside and beat the living daylights out of them.

Braeden started by winning the North American Amateur Boxing Championship, bringing home the the Championship trophy, and a well earned 10'000$. Now he's been titled Prospect of the Year by Sports Illustrated. A great honour.

When Braeden became pro his step-father stepped down as trainer. Braeden's new trainer is Kyle Stewart. He had this to say.

"I've trained many fighters, but never have I trained somebody so young with so much raw talent inside him. I am proud of how far he has come in this past year, and I just know in a few more years he will become a top contender in the Light Heavyweight division. It'll take great heart and training, but my god the kid can do it!"

Braeden was a little more humble in his reactions. "I've just started my career. As I move up on the rankings the fights will only get harder, and that's where my true skill will be tested. I am happy about my success, winning Prospect of the Year is a great honour. But I just need to think about what will happen tomorrow.

Some critics are wondering how long Alexander can actually last. None of his fights have gone past round 5, and his most recent fight was a first round knockout. The fights will only get longer as he moves further up the rankings. His true tests are coming up. Whether or not he can last a full 10 round match will eventually come up, whether he likes it or not.

Braeden Alexander 7(7)-0-0 World Ranking: 37 2009

Jan 27th, 2009- Windy City Boxing Club
W KO 3 vs Ricardo Bush
Mar 4th, 2009- Training Gym- New York
W KO 1 vs Florian Byrd
Apr 15th, 2009- Training Gym- Edmonton
W KO 3 vs Cy Parks
May 27th, 2009- Windy City Boxing Club
W KO 3 vs Jake Dixon
Jul 8th, 2009- Windy City Boxing Club
W KO 5 vs Steve Williamson
Aug 21st, 2009- Training Gym- New York
W KO 3 vs Brice Hamilton
Nov 22nd, 2009- Aragon Ballroom- Chicago IL
W KO 1

Awards
Prospect of the Year

Current Light Heavyweight Champions:
EABA: Eric Simmons
EABC: Reggie Walters
EABF: Bryan Watson

Last edited by flakeypastry; 07-06-2011 at 11:44 AM.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:08 PM   #5
Banned

flakeypastry's Arena

The Edmonton Paper

Braeden Alexander outraged

Braeden Alexander has been outraged, despite another win in a third round knockout. Braeden was scheduled to fight Ellery Daniels. He had trained specifically to fight this inside fighter. However, Ellery Daniels had to drop out due to a self induced injury during sparring. Braeden could understand that, however he couldn't understand how instead he had to fight #31 ranked Ben Carr, who was 7 ranks ahead of him.

"I do realize I won the fight. I don't want to sound like a whiner. However, the fact that he was 7 ranks ahead of me is outrageous. Why should I have to fight somebody who a higher rank than me by 7 ranks, unless I challenged him myself? It feels like they were deliberately trying to get me to lose. I don't mean to sound paranoid but that's how it feels."

Braeden's reaction to this drop out has angered some people, even his trainer, Kyle Stewart. "I love the guy, but he needs to know when to keep his mouth shut. He won the fight, and he got a healthy boost in rank. There isn't some higher force trying to keep him from winning. Ben Carr decided to step in to give him a fight. Nobody forced him to do that, and I am happy he kid got to fight."

Ben Carr was also a good sport about losing. "I wasn't in shape, but I saw a chance to get a fight and I took it. Am I sad I took a drop in rank because of it? Yes, I am. Braeden should be happy he won. He's got a long career ahead of him. I'm going to keep training, and hopefully have a rematch against him someday."

Braeden has re challenged Ellery Daniels, and their fight will take place on March 1st. It will be aired at 7:30pm Eastern on ESPN Wednesday Night Fights.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2011, 12:27 PM   #6
Banned

flakeypastry's Arena

The Edmonton Paper

Braeden Alexanders next bout ESPN Main Event

Braeden Alexanders next bout will be shown live on ESPN Friday Night Fights. The fight will be taking place at the Metro Manilla Arena May 7, 2010. Braeden will be taking on the faster and taller Jeremy Neal. Braeden is excited about the extra publicity.

Braeden also announced that he has signed with Michael Fox. He's promoted many boxers, although nobody with this much potential.

"I am really pleased to have a decent promoter now," said Braeden at the announcement. "Now I can get better coverage and more publicity, which is exactly what I want at this point of my career. I want the public to know me when I fight more, and against bigger opponents. I hope for some great times as my career progresses now.

The fight will air live at 8:00 PM Eastern time.

Last edited by flakeypastry; 07-06-2011 at 12:36 PM.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:11 PM   #7
Banned

flakeypastry's Arena

Friday Night Fights Main Event
Alexander vs Neal

Ladies and gentlemen, it's time for our mainnnn event of the evening! Introducing first, fighting out of the blue corner, standing at 5'10', weighing in at 175 pounds, from Edmonton Alberta, Braedennn Aleeexxxxannndeeeeeer. And fighting in the red corner, standing at 6'2', weighing in at 170 pounds, from LA, California, Jeremyyyyyy Neeaallll. Lets get ready to ruuuummmmmmblllllleeeeee!

**************Disclaimer************
Scroll down slowly to avoid spoilers

Round 1: Both fighters come out swinging, Neal not making much use of his superior reach. Alexander throws a right hook, but Neal ducks and it and responds with a massive uppercut! Alexander is stunned. He manages to get a clinch. His thoughts have returned and he begins to fight again. He doesn't look very shaken, and he lands a counter of his own! Now Neal is stunned. He's covering up in the corner, and he comes back to his senses. Boy that was a good round.

Round 2: Neither fighter looks like they wanna back down. Alexander pushes the pace, trying to end this fight early like he usually does. Both fighters are exchanging blows at an alarming rate, hoping the other gets hurt badly or receives a big cut. Oh that was huge hook! And Neal is falling back to a corner. He has no answer to lightning quick blows of Alexander. He's still hurt! And that shot floors him! He's down! 1,2... he looks like he's getting up, 3,4,5 and he's up! That ends the round, and it looks like Alexander is winning.

Round 3: Neal looks like he's recovered from his fall to the canvas at the end of the last round. He's come out swinging with Alexander. This is shaping up to be more like a back street brawl than a boxing match. I don't know what happened between these two fighters, but they seem hellbent on hurting the other person. They're exchanging blows, neither person backing down. Oh and Neal stuns Alexander! He's going in for the kill, but Alexander covers up and quickly recovers.

Round 4: Neal looks confident now that he's stunned Alexander. He's throwing more punches now, and they are connecting. Alexander isn't blocking them. Oh, he ducks that that hook! He comes up with an uppercut! Neal is stunned, his legs are shakey. Now Alexander is pushing the pace again. It's a huge flurry of punches. And Neal is down! 1,2,3... he looks like he's getting up again... 4,5... he's up he's ready. Now he looks like he's more reserved, and Alexander is getting sloppy again. Now he's getting countered! He's stunned, but once again he hangs on for the clinch.

Round 5: They come out again, and Alexander looks like he wants to end this fight before it drags out. Neal is looking tired but determined, and they continue to slug it out in the center of the ring. Neal looks to be a bit more cautious, and he is blocking most of the punches. Neal blocks most of Alexanders punches, but he is looking really tired.

Round 6: Alexander is trying to end the fight here and now. He's is completely pushing the pace. And that right hook got to Neal. He is reeling, he looks shakey. Alexander is charging, throwing punches wildly. He drops Neal! 1,2,3... Neal looks like he is trying to get up... 4,5,6... he's looking towards the ropes for support... 7,8... the ropes are supporting his weight, it looks like he's up... 9, and he's up. Alexander looks stunned that Neal is still up. The round is nearing its end. Alexander can smell victory. He throws a wild flurry of punches, and it drops Neal quickly again! That's the fourth time he's gone down. 1,2,3... he's struggling, he's on his knees, 4,5,6... he's trying to get to his feet... 7,8,9... I don't think he'll make it... 10! It's over! It's done

Braeden has won the fight! He improves to 10(10)-0-0

Last edited by flakeypastry; 07-06-2011 at 01:20 PM.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:42 PM   #8
Banned

flakeypastry's Arena

The Edmonton Paper

Braeden keeps on winning

Braeden Alexander has kept on winning his fights, improving to 13(13)-0-0 record. His last two wins have been against Lucien Jones and Daniel Schmidt. Now he has his eyes set on Emanuel Warren, hoping to keep on improving his ranking amongst the worlds best. He has won the passion of fans around the world, as his hard hitting and tough style is starting to rival other legends, such as Mike Tyson.

"Well, I don't think I'm nearly good enough to be compared to him (Tyson) yet. I still have a lot of holes in my game, and I won't be able to close them until I lose. I don't want it to happen, but it eventually will."

Braeden remains modest about his success, but only the wildest of fans have dared to compare him to Tyson. Most critics are still trying to pick him apart until he loses. The only question may be, when and who will he lose against.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »