Home

"From the Streets to the Ring"-- The Story of Brenden Wheeler (FNR3)

This is a discussion on "From the Streets to the Ring"-- The Story of Brenden Wheeler (FNR3) within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2010, 03:42 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
"From the Streets to the Ring"-- The Story of Brenden Wheeler (FNR3)

Hello, this is ESPN covering all world wide sports as they happen, however, you rarely ever see us cover boxing. But this story was just too good to pass up, our targets name is Brenden Wheeler, he is a Middleweight Amateur boxer whom stands tall at 6'2 and 159 lbs. He is only a few fights away from fighting for the Middleweight Amateur Belt and is dominating the Middleweight Amateur bracket. Now to Brenden Wheeler's past. Brenden grew up in a poor neighborhood in Detroit, Michigan. Brenden's parents struggled to pay the bills and Brenden was always trying to find ways to help them out, usually by scamming other kids for money. When Brenden turned Thirteen and was in need of money he turned to street fighting other kids for money, he would meet up in a warehouse with his opposing fighter. After the fight was set up and would fight the other kid for money. Let's just say Brenden was good and helped his family by getting near $1,000. An elderly man who also lived in Detroit, Michigan caught a glimpse of Brenden street fighting and decided to lead him in a different direction, the direction of discipline, that direction was boxing. Brenden trained furiously from the age of 13-16 where he then entered for the Golden Gloves tournament, which he won at ease. After that him and his trainer moved on to bigger and better things, they started doing Amateur fights. Brenden won many amateur fights from the age of 16-19 and is now 20 years old. Brenden is one of the Top 5 Prospects and will be a professional pretty soon, you can watch him fight at the Windy City Boxing Gym, this is ESPN the world wide leader in sports now saying goodbye.

Last edited by chargersfan35; 07-16-2010 at 04:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2010, 11:18 AM   #2
Banned

Re: "From the Streets to the Ring"-- The Story of Brenden Wheeler (FNR3)

Sorry I haven't updated lately. I haven't gotten the hang of adding pics to my stories and everything and my brother hockeyplaya2724 is sick so he can't help. I will say *spoilers* that I went ahead a bit and I did the amateur championship fight so expect five fights in a row.
Old 07-16-2010, 02:21 PM   #3
Banned

Brenden Wheeler vs. Juan Jimenez 2(0)-0-0
Windy City Boxing Gym
Wheeler Wins by KO in Round 2
Record: 1(1)-0-0

1(1)-0-0 Brenden Wheeler vs. Antonio Ramirez 7(0)-0-0
Windy City Boxing Gym
Wheeler Wins by KO in Round 4
Record: 2(2)-0-0

2(2)-0-0 Brenden Wheeler vs. Cortes King 6(3)-1-0
Windy City Boxing Gym
Wheeler Wins by TKO in Round 2
Record: 3(3)-0-0

3(3)-0-0 Brenden Wheeler vs. Jake Horton 7(6)-0-0
Windy City Boxing Gym
Wheeler Wins by UD
Record: 4(3)-0-0
Old 07-16-2010, 02:38 PM   #4
Banned

I couldn't believe that I was about to fight for the Amateur Middleweight Belt, sure it was only for Amateurs but I still felt like this was the greatest thing that ever happened to me, maybe it was.

My opponent was Dwayne Randall, he has a record of 7 Wins, 3 of his Wins coming by way of Knock Out, and he has never lost. He is a very dirty fighter, if the fight isn't going his way he headbutts his opponents, he also likes to meet up in the middle of the ring with his opponent and just square off. I'll have to move around and tire him out and then punch him out.

To start the First Round I danced around the ring, dodging his punches and every once in a while throwing a jab or a hook. After a while it started to get old though and he started cutting me off, so I relied on counter punching which I'm pretty good at. We started to square off and I was getting the better of him, I landed a very good connection when out of no where I felt a sharp pain on my forehead, the ref went over to Dwayne and was telling him something, that's when I realized I had been headbutted. I finished the round strong after he pissed me off by headbutting me.

"You're doing great, this kid is a dirty fighter. All you gotta do is keep weaving out of the way of his punches, this kid gets tired pretty quick and if you can't tell, he's kinda out of shape."

I ran out of my corner like a raging bull when I heard the bell to start the Second Round, I tried dancing around the ring but once again he cut me off so I had to rely on my counter punching. I was doing great though, he was already getting tired and I was starting to think I might knock him out. That's when he headbutted me again, I felt blood trickle down my forehead. Did I quit from a little cut though? No, instead I got even more angry and I started connecting big time, I threw a right hook and down he went! The count went to 7 and then he got up, I decided to just dance around the ring for the remaining 7 seconds and then the bell rung.

"Kid... I think you might be the new champ! Now I don't want to get to ahead of myself, so keep the game plan in effect, you're doing great kid."

During the Third Round I was more relaxed, I knew at any moment I could end this fight, and I wanted to end it quick so I pressed the action slowly but enough to do something. He was the one running around the ring now as he tried in every way he could to avoid my punches. For a moment he left his chin wide open, he wasn't blocking it at all, I capitalized on the opportunity and connected with a huge uppercut that sent him tumbling to the ground again! This time the count went to 8, I couldn't believe he was still fighting after the beating I was giving him. The Round ended soon after and I went over to my corner.

"Listen kid, you've already got this fight, there's no way that you're losing on the score card, go out there and just avoid him. Even though you're picking him apart he is still a dangerous fighter, he can just as easily knock you out if you get too cocky."

The Fourth Round started and I danced around the ring while, for a change he started chasing me, I didn't mind though. His punches had almost no affect on me and they were too slow, so it was easy to dodge them, I let him wear himself out and then I finished the fight with a quick combination that sent him to the canvas for a count of ten.

I was overwhelmed with happiness and didn't really know what to do, I jumped up on my trainers shoulders and him and the rest of my crew carried me around the ring with my arms up, I just basically jumped around the ring in excitement after that. It was pretty embarrassing, but I really didn't care because I was the new middleweight Champion.

Last edited by chargersfan35; 07-16-2010 at 03:54 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 02:47 PM   #5
Banned

Pg. 18
Sports Up and Comers

Brenden Wheeler: One of our new Up and Comers is Brenden Wheeler, the boxer out of Detroit, Michigan. He trained a long time during his childhood to become a good boxer, after winning the Golden Gloves Tournament he became a Amateur boxer. He defeated Juan Jimenez, Antonio Ramirez, Cortes King and Jake Horton on his way to fighting against the current Middleweight Amateur Belt holder, Dwayne Randall. Brenden dominated the fight and Knocked Out Dwayne Randall in the Fourth and final Round. Brenden brought his record up to 5 Wins, 4 of his Wins coming by way of Knock Out, and 0 Losses. It has been reported today that Brenden Wheeler is vacating his newly acquired Belt and going pro to hopefully one day become the Middleweight Champion.

Last edited by chargersfan35; 07-16-2010 at 03:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2010, 02:48 PM   #6
Banned

Okay there's a few updates, anyone who is reading this tell me what you think.

Last edited by chargersfan35; 07-16-2010 at 03:56 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:44 PM   #7
MVP

hockeyplaya2724's Arena

OVR: 29

Lolz nice story.
Old 07-18-2010, 11:37 PM   #8
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargersfan35
Okay there's a few updates, anyone who is reading this tell me what you think.
I like it, thinking about getting this game for 10bucks

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »