Home

The Career of Alex Reed (FIFA11)

This is a discussion on The Career of Alex Reed (FIFA11) within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2010, 08:43 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
The Career of Alex Reed (FIFA11)

Bolton appoint Reed as manager

Unrecognizable Reed takes over at Bolton, replacing Owen Coyle.

(Bolton) -- Bolton Wanderers FC have appointed a new manager in Alex Reed, announced earlier today in a press conference held at The Reebok Stadium and led by chairman Phil Gartside.

Gartside was joined at the table with Reed, and goalkeeper Jussi Jääskeläinen, and forward Kevin Davies.

In front of a rather small crowd of 2000 season ticket holders and various media outlets, Gartside confirmed the club have parted ways with Owen Coyle and made a point to thank him for his work and time with the club.

"It is with unfortunate sadness that we have parted with Owen Coyle as manager of Bolton Wanderers Football Club, but I have personally thanked him for his great work during his time with our club, his professionalism during his time here, and the organization wish him nothing but the best in his future endeavors."

Gartside also revealed Bolton's new manager, an inexperienced American manager, Alex Reed.

The appointment of Reed comes as a shock to the football world as this marks the first American born manager in English top flight football.

After spending a few years in the ranks of Bolton's youth academy as a member of the coaching staff, Reed previously managed youth clubs and had a stint as a college coach in the United States before jumping across the pond to try his craft in the heart of the football nation.

Reed gave a brief statement during the press conference before being sent off to begin his work as new Bolton manager.

The following is an excerpt of the statement.

Quote:
"I'd like to start off by saying how much I would like to thank and appreciate everyone that has been able to make it here. Next, I'd like to thank the club, everyone in the organization for giving me the opportunity to lead this team into the next level of football, I only have the best interest of the club at heart. I know there has been quite a large amount of negative feedback already concerning my new position and I understand where that is coming from. I'm an American and the majority of us don't know a thing about football. But I'm a bit different from everyone else. I'm here to make sure the team succeeds both on and off the pitch and I will do anything and everything in my power to do so. I'm here to prove myself not only to the rest of the managers in the league but most importantly I'm here to prove to the devoted fans of Bolton Wanderers Football Club that I am here to help this team win. And I haven't done that by the end of this season, then I have failed my position."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2010, 10:47 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: The Career of Alex Reed (FIFA11)

Reed keeps Davies as Bolton skipper

7/1/10

In his first move as the new boss at Bolton, Alex Reed has named Kevin Davies as captain for his squad for the 2010/11 season.

The announcement came after the team took to the training grounds early this morning.

During a brief session with the media outside the training complex, Reed made the decision to keep Davies as skipper.

"I had a good talk with him a few days ago and I told him about my plans and he told me what he can do to help with that and we finally came down to the agreement that he would keep the armband."

Reed also confirmed Jussi Jääskeläinen will serve as vice captain this season.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:16 AM   #3
Rookie

Bolton capture Gibbs on loan

7/5/10

Bolton Wanderers have acquired young left back Kieran Gibbs from Arsenal on a season long loan.

The 20 year old England international will join Bolton in the following days after finalizing his deal with the club.

Manager Alex Reed was delighted to bring in the quick paced defender in what he stated is a first of many moves he will make this year.

Quote:
"Kieran is a great, young, talented player. I'm very happy that we were able to come to an agreement for his services for the entire year, initially it was going to be for a few months but luckily we were able to smooth out the details for the entire year."
Gibbs is slated to be competition with Paul Robinson for the starting left back position.

He will wear the #26 shirt during his time with The Wanderers.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:39 AM   #4
Rookie

Bolton snatch up Pavlyuchenko

7/11/10

Roman Pavlyuchenko has officially parted ways with Tottenham Hotspur and has made the move to league rival Bolton Wanderers.

Manager Alex Reed made the announcement mere hours ago when the deal was finalized. Pavlyuchenko was revealed during the announcement with the new shirt he will be wearing.

"When I heard that Roman was being shopped around by Tottenham it was a clear and precise move I had to make for him. He's a great striker, very good in the air, an all around forward and we are definitely glad to have him with Bolton now."

The latest move is only the second addition in less a week that new Bolton manager, Reed has made.

Although financial terms of the deal were not disclosed, it has been reported that Bolton shelled out an estimated 9 million pounds.

Pavlyuchenko has also signed a 3 year deal with his new club and has been given the #29 shirt.

With the addition of the Russian striker, Alex Reed has also sent striker Ivan Klasnic to Wigan Athletic on a season long loan.

"The reason we agreed to the Klasnic deal was very simple. We still want him to play for us, but we want him to get first team football under his feet."

Pavlyuchenko, 28, was slowly looking as a last minute option for Tottenham on their offensive chart, which was a factor in his move.

"I came here to play football, unfortunately I didn't think I would be getting that with Tottenham this season. But I am very excited to start playing for Bolton and I hope I will score many goals this year for my club."
Old 12-08-2010, 02:25 AM   #5
Rookie

Lucio joins Man City

7/31/10

Inter Milan have agreed on a deal that will send center back Lucio to Manchester City of the English Premier League.

Financial terms haven not been disclosed but it has been reported Lucio is set to sign a four year contract.

More to follow...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2010, 11:17 AM   #6
Pro

rhysyboy's Arena

OVR: 6

Great start to the dynasty!
Old 12-08-2010, 11:30 AM   #7
Pro

rhysyboy's Arena

OVR: 6

oh, and if you have enough money, sign Chelsea's Joe McEachran, he's fantastic!
Old 12-08-2010, 10:26 PM   #8
Rookie

Pavlyuchenko shines over Wolves

Wolves boss Mick McCarthy looking on at his squad.

August 15, 2010

Roman Pavlyuchenko scored his first goal in his new club shirt as Bolton took an early lead and ran with it for their first win of the season over Wolverhampton.

The Russian striker's first goal at the 10 minute mark sealed the win after a perfect cross into the box by Martin Petrov to a wide open Pavlyuchenko who easily headed it past Wolves keeper Marcus Hahnemann for the lead.

Manaer Alex Reed has his first taste of top flight football in England after being appointed the new boss at Bolton only a few weeks ago. "I think It was a very good game for both sides" said Reed.

"We had a good amount of time on the ball and we were able to come up with some chances throughout the game but we couldn't add any more goals, but overall I'm very happy with the performance."

The big name transfer for The Trotters failed to capitalize on two seperate penalty kicks within the half-hour mark of the game.

Lee Chung-Yong was taken down inside the box at the 20th minute and was given a penalty kick, but Pavlyuchenko completely missed the shot as he slipped on the grass, sending the ball into the stands.

Bolton were given another penalty eight minutes later after Wolves center back Ronald Zubar was called on a handball, and once again, Pavlyuchenko stepped up in hopes to erase the mistake made the first time around.

Hahnemann played the spoiler as he guessed in the right direction and blocked the spot kick to once again deny the Russian international inside the box.

Marcus Hahnemann was the busier goalkeeper throughout the game, making key saves including a powerful shot from Stuart Holden early on in the first half.

Wolves had an opportunity to score and tie the game up in the 85th minute as Kevin Doyle took a clear shot on goal, but was blocked by center back Zat Knight.

The ball then bounced off the top post and slowly came back down, making its way across the line.

But at last ditch effort from Fabrice Muamba cleared the ball off the line and kept Bolton with the lead for the remaining minutes as they took all three points in their first game of the season.

The win also puts manager Alex Reed in the history books as the first American born manager to win a game in the Barclays Premiere League.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »