Home

UFC 2011 - Business As Usual

This is a discussion on UFC 2011 - Business As Usual within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2011, 06:28 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
UFC 2011 - Business As Usual

Hello, and welcome to my MMA Dynasty. It is a dynasty I have been doing for a little bit now...and I figured I would post it to OP as well. It is based off the MMA simulation game World of Mixed Martial Arts 2, made by Grey Dog Software. I highly recommend checking it out. It was originally posted to their forums, but I will bring it up to speed here as well. Then I will be updating both. The only thing that may change is predictions. Before each event I will now post the predictions of each participant. That way people from both forums can interact. The person with the most points after each event gets the opportunity to make a decision that I will have to go along with. But they are generally kept secret, so you will only know what it is if you win. Up until the end of UFC 132, everything will be exactly as it was posted there. Once it is caught up, I will continue it with the new additions since it is now on two forums. I hope you like...

Here is the original link: http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum...d.php?t=498084

UFC 130: Rampage vs Hamill
May 29, 2011
MGM Grand Garden Arena
Las Vegas, Nevada

MAIN CARD

PRELIMS ON SPIKE

PRELIMS ON FACEBOOK

This is a new UFC dynasty I will be starting and will update when I can, based on my current schedule. I am using Tag01's awesome MW4 mod. My main goal in this is to stick to realism, so if I ever make a "gamey" or unrealistic move, please call me out on it. I added Strikeforce to the companies owned by the UFC to allow fighters to be transferred in the future. I will admit, I have no intentions to alter the database by adding fighters or modifying anyone's attributes. For that reason, unfortunately the TUF fighters recently integrated into the UFC will be absent. Therefore, the upcoming TUF Finale will be missing it's main event lol, but I apologize. That should be the only "gamey" move made.
The next Ultimate Fighter will happen, but I will not focus on the series so much, I'd rather just allow the fighters to fight week by week without making up a storyline for the house. As far as the contestants and other key decisions *cough* absorbing Strikeforce fighters *cough* that will be up to you, the reader. I will post each card up before the results, and if you perform the best in predicting the results, bam...I'll PM you with 3 or 4 options as decisions to guide where the company goes. The winner will be decided by a point system:
2pts for choosing the victor.
1pt for the correct way of victory. (KO/TKO, Sub., Dec.)
1pt for the round in which the fight ends. (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, Dec.)
I will also be running this as a MMA website. I will post news, relevant and irrelevant to the UFC. I will showcase fighters from all organizations and allow insight on where they are in the world of MMA. Also, I will post results of all other major organizations. This only includes Strikeforce, Bellator, DREAM, and Sengoku.
Last but not least, this is the first dynasty (and probably only dynasty, I'm not gonna quit to do a different one) I've ever done, so I am open to comments or criticism. Interaction is encouraged. I want you guys to be involved as well. I want to see you debate on the moves of Dana White as well as comment on what you think of the situation involving individual fighters and the events that occur. Let me know what you think of the cards being presented. Let me know what you guys (the fans) want to see. Is Silva vs GSP or Fitch vs GSP II a more anticipated match, etc. Let me know what you guys think.
And finally, let UFC 2011 - Business As Usual begin!

Last edited by stangejr; 08-01-2011 at 02:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2011, 06:29 PM   #2
Rookie

May 27, 2011

Quote:
Dana White has just confirmed the rumors of Jason "Mayhem" Miller pairing up with Michael Bisping to coach the next season of The Ultimate Fighter. Originally, Chael Sonnen was announced as a coach, but his recent troubles with the CSAC deem him unable for the role. Other names such as Nick Diaz and GSP were also thrown around, but Dana landed upon Mayhem and Bisping. Previously, Dana had announced the next season would feature the lighter weights, which is pointing to the new Featherweight and Bantamweight divisions. Not sure exactly what to expect in the upcoming season, but regardless Dana recognizes Mayhem's ability to draw an audience on mainstream TV, so it is a no-brainer why Mayhem was chosen.

UPDATE:
Dana confirmed the two will square off in the octagon. It is still uncertain on the exact date, whether or not it will be during the finale or the following PPV.

Last edited by stangejr; 08-02-2011 at 12:41 AM.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:30 PM   #3
Rookie

May 28, 2011

Quote:
The Facebook Fights have concluded and if you missed them, you shouldn't be upset, in fact, I should be because I watched them. All three went the full 15 minutes, with Barao vs Escovedo being the only one that drew even the slightest interest. In which, Barao kept Escovedo on his back for most of the 15 minutes, with Escovedo not offering much from the bottom. In fact, I believe I just summed up all three of the fights. Nothing else worth mentioning. No one really made any impact in the eyes of Joe Silva or Dana White. I expect them to stay on the prelims next time we see them.
. . .
Renan Barao def. Cole Escovedo
Unanimous Decision | 5:00 | Round 3

Average

. . .
Michael McDonald def. Chris Cariasio

Decent

. . .
Gleison Tibau def. Rafaello Oliveira

Poor

Last edited by stangejr; 08-01-2011 at 02:04 PM.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:30 PM   #4
Rookie

May 28, 2011

Quote:
After a lackluster start to UFC 130 on Facebook, Torres vs Johnson and Boetsch vs Grove deliver in exciting contests. Tim Boetsch and Kendell Grove fought back and forth in a battle of relevancy. Grove knew he needed a win here to have any type of job security after finding himself in a bit of a slump in 2010. Tim Boetsch is clearly not an easy opponent, so he knew it would be difficult. The fight was a back and forth striking contest until Boetsch capitalized on a slip Grove had after throwing a kick. Grove's guard was all defensive, for an unknown reason and once Boetsch felt comfortable, he started dropping hard punches and elbows from the guard. Grove had no answer and after taking many shots without any attempt for a defense, the referee had to end the fight. Grove complained of an early stoppage, but I believe it was just. Torres/Johnson was a back and forth affair on the feet, both delivering dealdy strikes until one eventually fell. Almost halfway through the second round, Mighty Mouse got caught with a right hand, straight down the pipe. That sent his legs into the 12th demention. Immediately, he shot for a takedown, only to be stuffed and eat a couple hammerfists before Steve Mazzagatti had to pull him off. Torres may have just escaped from the pit he found himself in after dropping a few before this. Will he go back to his winning ways?
. . .
Tim Boetsch def. Kendell Grove
TKO | 1:30 | Round 1
Good

. . .
Miguel Torres def. Demetrious Johnson
TKO | 2:10 | Round 2
Fantastic

Last edited by stangejr; 08-01-2011 at 02:04 PM.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:31 PM   #5
Rookie

May 28, 2011

Quote:
Wow! Jorge Santiago! Brian Stann proved no match for the return of this Brazilian. After a brief feel out process, Santiago threw a three punch combo, a right straight, left hook, right uppercut. After the first straight missed, the following hook caught the chin of Stann flush, sending him into Lala Land instantly. The uppercut that was following only extended his visit. Stann fell flat onto the mat, where Santiago followed him and landed another right hand as the referee jumped in to end the fight. If you blinked, you missed it. Santiago proved he is here to stay and the UFC middleweight division just might have another challenger for Silva in the near future.
. . .
Jorge Santiago def. Brian Stann
KO | 0:29 | Round 1
Good

Last edited by stangejr; 08-01-2011 at 02:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2011, 06:31 PM   #6
Rookie

May 28, 2011

Quote:
Thiago Alves and Rick Story find themselves as Fight of the Night Contenders after an amazing fight at Welterweight. In round one, Rick Story found himself imposing his will upon the highly favored Thiago Alves on the feet. Story scored in a single takedown that ended up in a quick scramble back to the feet. After that, it seemed as if Alves was tentative to let his hands go, which allowed Rick Story to play patty-cake with his face.

In the second round, Alves became a little more willing to engage. He began to mix up his attack with punches and kicks, even throwing a spinning back-fist in the process. Story stayed competitive in the round, but was clearly being outclassed. Both fighters knew the third round would decide the outcome of the fight.

In round three, both fighters came out guns blazing and went toe-to-toe exchanging blows, inciting the crowd to roar. During the initial exchange, Story got caught and shot in for a takedown in his rocked state. This led to 60 seconds of positioning against the cage between the two fighters, eventually ending in Story getting the well-earned takedown. From here, Story mixed up strikes with grappling to pass to half-guard and then mount. With 90 seconds left in the fight, Story could've easy coasted to a finish, but that's not his style. Story turned the pressure on, dropping bombs on Alves, almost causing a stoppage, then rolled for an armbar, achieving it late in round 3.
. . .
Rick Story def. Thiago Alves
Sub | 4:12 | Round 3
Great

Old 07-24-2011, 06:33 PM   #7
Rookie

Re: UFC 2011 - Business As Usual

Quote:
Stefan Struve vs Travis Browne looked more like an abusive father beating his son than a UFC contest. Travis Browne didn't look like he was ready to fight, and Struve made him pay for that. Clearly, the most one sided affair of UFC 130 thusfar, Struve controlled the entire bout. Struve outstruck Browne on the feet, for most of the 1st round, leading to a takedown attempt from Browne, which was swept by Struve, landing him in side-control. Struve went right to work from the side, peppering Browne's body with knees, forcing him to turn and expose his back in a desperate escape attempt. This only allowed Struve to take it and slap on a Rear Naked Choke, choking out Browne with 2 seconds left in the round. Even if Browne would've survived the round, I don't believe the outcome would've been any different.
. . .
Stefan Struve def. Travis Browne
Sub | 4:58 | Round 1
Great

Old 07-24-2011, 06:34 PM   #8
Rookie

May 28, 2011

Quote:
This marks the 2nd time in a row Frank Mir has been placed high on a card, only to deliver a snoozefest. In this case, he spends 3 rounds with Roy Nelson competing not against his opponent, but against exhaustion. Nelson was in the same situation, both trying not to fall over due to a lack of conditioning. Eventually Nelson picks up a decision due to the lack effective striking from Mir. The contest mostly consisted of circling and a sloppy jab here and there.
. . .
Roy Nelson def. Frank Mir
Awful

Last edited by stangejr; 08-01-2011 at 02:06 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »