Home

Moose141's Aston Villa F.C. (FIFA 11)

This is a discussion on Moose141's Aston Villa F.C. (FIFA 11) within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2012, 12:36 AM   #1
MVP

moose141's Arena

OVR: 2
Moose141's Aston Villa F.C. (FIFA 11)

As I was in a big football fix, I started an Aston Villa manager mode on FIFA 11. I was unable to get FIFA 12 due to just not really having the money to shell out on it this year, so bear with me as I'm a year behind the actual premiership. I'm a big ManU supporter, but I really wanted a squad that would present me a challenge to try to move into the top four of the Barclays. However, it should be a fun ride, really like the Villa club.

Pittsburgh Penguins - Pittsburgh Panthers - Pittsburgh Steelers - Pittsburgh Pirates - West Ham United
University of Pittsburgh Ice Hockey
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2012, 12:38 AM   #2
MVP

moose141's Arena

Re: Moose141's Aston Villa F.C. (FIFA 11)

Dynasty Dateline - July 17, 2010

Transfer News - Villa bid $10M on West Ham CF Robbie Keane, still waiting for his response

Friendly - Real Madrid @ Aston Villa

Villa came out very strong early on, with Ashley Young and Darren Bent using great touches and elusive speed to score three early goals. Madrid countered finally in the late stages of the first half, with Sergio Canales beating Brad Friedel with a header off a cross. Stewart Downing finished a penalty in the second half to close the scoring as Villa won, 4-1.

Goals: Young 35', Bent 37', Young 38', Canales 44', Downing 50'
Penalties: Albiol 21', Young 28', Bent 59', Albiol 77' (Sent Off)

Pittsburgh Penguins - Pittsburgh Panthers - Pittsburgh Steelers - Pittsburgh Pirates - West Ham United
Old 02-15-2012, 04:36 PM   #3
MVP

moose141's Arena

Transfer News - Villa attempted to improve their defensive backfield, but were outbid for LB Taiwo by Chelsea.

Friendly - Aston Villa 0 @ Chievos Verona 1

Villa rested many of their key faces to get a look at some of the reserves and struggled to generate any offense. Young and Bent came back on in the second half, but despite many chances were unable to get anything across as Villa fell, 1-0.

Friendly - AS Monaco FC 1 @ Aston Villa 5

Vlla dominated from start to finish, scoring twice in the first three minutes en route to a blowout win. Michael Bradley had great form as he played for captain Petrov, while Albrighton also had a fantastic match in the midfield. Agbonlahor had a much better match when coming on in the second half, and Young and Downing were taken out in the second half after fantastic matches.

Goals: Young 2' (Penalty), Bent 3', Young 19', Downing 63', Agbonlahor 73', Boudebouz 80' (Penalty)
Bookings: Young 21', Carlos Cuellar 39', Clark 79'

Old 02-17-2012, 04:31 PM   #4
MVP

moose141's Arena

Aston Villa 1, West Ham 0

Villa opened up their EPL schedule with a battle at West Ham. Michael Bradley again played very well in a starting role, winning man of the match (8.40) while Villa suffocated the Hammers. AVFC had plenty of chances, bur Robert Green was fantastic for West Ham, including a miraculous diving stop on a blast from Downing. Villa finally broke through in the 72nd minute as Darren Bent took a great through ball from Ashley Young and put a left footed strike around Green. West Ham couldn't get any real chances the rest of the way and Villa claimed three points away from home.

(A) Bent 72'

Old 02-18-2012, 04:18 PM   #5
MVP

moose141's Arena

Tottenham Hotspur 0, Aston Villa 1

In Villa's first match at home, they played another tight defensive battle, though it was a much more middling effort than the domination against West Ham. Tottenham was formidable, but unable to generate much once they got deep in Villa's half. Mark Albrighton broke through for Villa (27') when he flicked a shot past the keeper after a ball from Darren Bent. Bent thought he had 2-0 advantage in the 76th minute when volleyed in a rebound of an Agbonlahor shot that hit the post, but was declared just offside. Tottenham pressed the final few minutes but wasn't able to get the equalizer.

(A) Albrighton 27'

Man of the Match
(A) Petrov 8.10

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2012, 01:37 PM   #6
MVP

moose141's Arena

Aston Villa 3, Newcastle United 0

(A) Downing 7' - Beautiful strike from just inside the box that hit the crossbar and in
(A) Heskey 72' - Individual play, got through defenders and struck shot past Given
(A) Young 90' - Downing with a spectacular cross, Young finishes with a lunging header

Man of the Match
(A) Makoun 8.30

Old 03-16-2012, 12:15 AM   #7
MVP

moose141's Arena

Manchester United 1, Aston Villa 1

(M) Rooney 15' (Penalty) - Handball in the box gave Rooney a penalty, easily converted
(A) Collins 35' - After a great chance from Young was thwarted, Downing struck a beautiful corner that Collins headed past Van Der Sar

Man of the Match
(A) S. Petrov 8.10

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »