Home

The F1 Career of Dan Watts (F1 2013)

This is a discussion on The F1 Career of Dan Watts (F1 2013) within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2014, 07:52 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 7
The F1 Career of Dan Watts (F1 2013)

American Dan Watts Enters F1

Sacramento, CA (AP) – Local American race car driver, Dan Watts will become the first American since Scott Speed to take his skills to F1 as he will be the second driver for the Caterham F1 team. Watts, who hails from California, started his racing career in go-karts before transferring to open wheel modified race cars. Following a young driver test overseas the Caterham F1 team was extremely impressed and decided to sign the young driver to a contract as he will compete with teammate Charles Pic.

“I am extremely excited and honored to be competing in what many people find the premier racing league.” Watts was quoted as saying following his contract signing. “I have a lot to learn, but I look forward to learning, training, and racing.”

The F1 season will kickoff with the round one Rolex Australian Grand Prix.

Game Settings

Participation Level: Long Weekend – Full Qualifying
Race Length: 100%
Camera: TV Pod
No assists and will start on Professional AI

*Editors Note: screenshots will likely not be included in this at the beginning as I have no way of getting them on my PC. I am also not the most informed F1 fan, but I do enjoy its racing and hope you enjoy following. If there is anything specific you would like to see included, don't hesitate to ask or send me a PM. I hope you enjoy!*

------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Proof21; 02-15-2014 at 10:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2014, 07:52 PM   #2
MVP

Re: The F1 Career of Dan Watts (F1 2013)

Dan Watts Career Statistics
Old 02-15-2014, 07:53 PM   #3
MVP

F1 Grand Prix Statistics
Old 02-15-2014, 08:14 PM   #4
MVP

2013 Grand Prix Schedule

Old 02-16-2014, 01:52 PM   #5
MVP

Team Notebook

Team Goals for 2013 - Outside of learning this season, the Caterham F1 team has set their season objectives for their two drivers. For Charles Pic (1st Driver), the team is looking for a 15th place finish in the driver standings. For teammate Dan Watts (2nd Driver) the team is expecting a 16th place finish in the driver standings. The Caterham team has also announced they will post a review on the season during Round 9 at the Nurbugring.

Round One: Australia – The Caterham team is making the final adjustments to the team and the cars as they prepare to head to Albert Park for round one of the 2013 Formula One season. Dan Watts and Charles Pic will both be looking for their first career Podium finishes. Watts will be making his first career start and Pic his 21st career starts, his first for Caterham. Pic moves over to Caterham this year after spending last season with the Marussia F1 team.

Caterham 2013 Car – The Caterham team unveiled their car they plan to take to all Formula One events this season. Below is a picture.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2014, 02:19 PM   #6
MVP

Round One – Rolex Australian Grand Prix – Race Capsule

Turns: 16
Miles: 3.3
Laps: 58
Total Race Distance: 191.4 Miles

Weather Report: Friday, 27c, Sunny – Saturday, 26c, Sunny – Sunday, 26c, Sunny

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 02-17-2014, 01:34 PM   #7
MVP

Round One – Rolex Australian Grand Prix – Practice Recap

Weather: 27c, Sunny

Watts Pleased with Practice – Rookie Formula One drive Dan Watts left the track Friday afternoon pleased with how his car felt overall and is looking forward to his first qualifying session. “Overall, I am pleased. The team worked hard together and came up with a game plan to get me the most laps without putting the car through too much. I had only a few laps overall on this track, none with the option tires, so I really wanted an extended run with them.”

Watts had just two runs with the option tires. One being a five lap run in which he posted his quick time of the day and later in the practice run, he went back out for another two laps, but was never able to make up any time.

Near Miss for Watts – Dan Watts had a close call midway through the practice session when he overshot turn 15 and nearly saw his car end up in the wall. “I am not sure what happened at that point to be honest. I just seemingly fell asleep at the wheel, I know no one wants to hear that, but I wasn't 100% focused. I can assure everyone it will not happen again. I received some words following the session and have regained my focus.”

Watts Looks for Q2 – Despite being a top 10 car in the practice session, Dan Watts will be aiming for a spot in the Q2. “I know I don't have the speed yet to contend for a front row spot, and to be honest, if I am able to make it into the Q2 session I would be more than thrilled.” Watts was ninth quick in practice, which should garner a Q3 spot, but the driver feels a few others will up their game and possibly take over his spot.

“I have all of the confidence in our team, our equipment, but I know there are some fast race cars that didn't show everything they had in practice. I am sure it will be much more intense once the green flag waves for the qualifying segments.”

Old 02-17-2014, 06:09 PM   #8
MVP

Round One – Rolex Australian Grand Prix – Qualifying Recap

Weather: 27c, Sunny

Watts Slowest in Q2 – Rookie Formula One Driver Dan Watts will start 16th on the grid tomorrow when the lights go out as the rookie was able to make it through the Q1 session with relative ease before ending the Q2 session as the slowest on the track. “Disappointed that I drove how I did in Q2. I left a lot of time out on the track, and used up far to much rubber trying to pick up speed. I hope this doesn't hurt us in the race tomorrow. We will have fast cars in front and behind us. Should be fun.”

Webber and Button Disappoint – Two drivers many expected to have a better showing were Mark Webber and Jenson Button. Button appeared to have some issues in Q1 as he was never able to get a lap time remotely close to what he practiced at. Due to this he will start deep on the grid in the 17th position. Webber appeared like he would easily cruise into the Q3 session before becoming loose late in his second lap near rookie driver Dan Watts. Webber was never able to regain the speed needed and will start from 11th on the grid.

Editor's Note – For whatever reason I lost my notes on the qualifying speeds, hence why the graphic doesn't have the times listed. I apologize for this. Also, if there is anything you would like to see covered or displayed, please let me know!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »