Home

'My Imagination Becomes The Universe' ~ WWE2k14

This is a discussion on 'My Imagination Becomes The Universe' ~ WWE2k14 within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-28-2014, 04:52 PM   #9
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: 'My Imagination Becomes The Universe' ~ WWE2k14

This is awesome, I really like the formula system, I think I might have to try it myself.

Yankees: #AllRise
Old 03-01-2014, 12:13 PM   #10
Rookie

boblight24's Arena

OVR: 4

I decided on an Armageddon Hell In A Cell for the Intercontinental Championship. I'm not sure why I did, but I didn't want to do another Elimination Chamber. I regretted that decision when the match started, but my mind was quickly changed as I began getting excited about the amount of action inside the cell.

The participants:
Goldberg
The Ultimate Warrior
Ted DiBiase (set on random outift so hilariously he was in his tuxedo)
Ric Flair
British Bulldog
Jeff Hardy

I've read some complaints about WWE2K14 and the matches that involve more than one entrant and how the action doesn't flow. Those people are what I'd like to call..wrong. This was intense. I couldn't tell you how many times two guys were getting pinned or in a submission hold at the same time, but my eyes were darting back and forth across the screen. Someone would get to a 2-count and three guys would come over and break it up, it was awesome. I knew it had to be the 'perfect storm,' in order for someone to win the match. That's what happened. Several of the combantants had ended up outside the ring and while that was happening, The Ultimate Warrior got Bulldog into a (I'm not sure what submission hold, because as far as I know the Warrior was a submission style wrestler so I'm guessing it's a generic one) and forced him to submit, it was the perfect storm and the Ultimate Wrestler is your new Intercontinental Champion and the 1st offical member of the Smackdown roster.

I was more than pleasantly surprised with that match, I never was a huge Warrior fan, untiil I did the 30 Years of Wrestlemania mode did I actually realize what an imporant cog he was in the wheel or early '90's WWF. Plus the I find all of his tassles distracting.

Speaking of tassles (award for best segway goes to...), I decided to go ahead and do a DIVAS Roster, their show airs on Saturday nights on Lifetime, wait I'm kidding.

I ran a 'Gold Rush' Tournament do determine a champion for the Divas, I really wanted to call it a Gold-diggers, but that would be sexist and Chyna would probably squash me into a oily spot on the carpet, but I could probably distract her if I asked her what 6 times 8 equals, that would give me a chance to run.

Round 1:
AJ Lee def. Torrie Wilson
Sable def. Brie Bella
Nikki Bella def. Kaitlyn
Trish Stratus def. Stephanie McMahon
Aksana def. Summer Rae
Velvet Sky def. Mickie James
Lita def. Layla
Chyna def. Natalya

Round 2:
AJ Lee def Sable
Trish Stratus def. Nikki Bella
Velvet Sky def. Aksana
Chyna def. Lita

Semi-Finals:
Trish Stratus def. AJ Lee
Velvet Sky def. Chyna

Finals
Velvet Sky def. Trish Stratus

**all Divas matches will be simmed and only the results posted. These match-ups and probably all future Divas match-ups will be randomly generated.

Up next the World Heavyweight and WWF Championship 20-Man Battle Royals and the Draft to fill the remaining roster spots.

Also, just announced - the WWF has signed a contact with FS1 to air a weekly show on Wednesday nights, it's going to be called WWF Main Event.
(this will be a show where I can have some matches to push along a feud or to get some guys some in-ring time to help bump their ratings, no title matches, a good opportunity to have tag team matches though.)

Onward...
"A two count is routine. You kick out at two if you aren’t done. Kicking out at one is a MESSAGE. It says NO in capital letters. A middle finger. A promise that the other man is going to have to kill you if they’re going to put you down." ~ Brandon Stroud
Old 03-01-2014, 01:00 PM   #11
Rookie

boblight24's Arena

I wasn't sure that Battle Royal/Rumbles were the best/fairest way to settle who would be the initial champions of Raw and Smackdown, but I didn't want to sim through a KOTR style tournament and I thought maybe I could get some storyline ideas out of it. I had no idea.....

20-Man Battle Royal for the World Heavyweight Championship, 2nd member of Smackdown:

The entrants will be the wrestlers ranked 1-20, that will change with the WWE Battle, but I'll explain that when we get there.

The beauty of this is that all I'm doing is telling the computer who's in the match, the order of entry is random (or is it?!?!)

Code:
	Order Entry		Eliminated (By whom)	
1	Ric Flair		4 (Steamboat)	
2	Randy Savage		2 (Owen)	
3	Bruno Sammartino	3 (Owen)	
4	Ricky Steamboat		17 (Bulldog)	
5	Eddie Guerrero		1 (Savage)	
6	Chris Jericho		8 (Steamboat)	
7	Owen Hart		6 (Steamboat)	
8	Mr. Perfect		5 (Owen)	
9	Mick Foley		7 (Steamboat)	
10	Kane			9 (Steamboat)	
11	Edge			11 (Taker)	
12	The Ultimate Warrior	10 (Taker)	
13	Undertaker		16 (HBK)	
14	The Rock		12 (Steamboat)	
15	Ted DiBiase 		15 (HBK)	
16	Stone Cold		14 (Steamboat)	
17	Sting			13 (DiBiase)	
18	Shawn Michaels		18 (Steamboat)	
19	British Bulldog		WINNER (?)
20	Bret Hart		19 (Bulldog)
Alrighty, a couple of things.
1 - No matter how many time I type Steamboat, and it was a lot, it ended up being Steamboar because my chubby fingers didn't want to work.
2 - I was genuinely sad when Stemboat got eliminated, he was a beast!
3 - It was awesome to see the Undertaker double clothesline both Edge and the Warrior over the top rope
4 - British Bulldog is the World Heavyweight Champ, I can honestly say I wasn't expecting that not with HBK and Bret Hart in the mix at the end.

Now the WWF Championship:

Same 20 as before with the exception of:
- no British Bulldog as he is now the WH Champ and a part of Smackdown
- no Warrior as he is the IC Champ and a part of Smackdown
- Rick Rude and Goldberg will take their places

Get ready because you will not believe this, or maybe you will and I'm just being overdramatic....
Code:
	Order Entry		Eliminated (By whom)	
1	Chris Jericho		2 (Flair)	
2	Eddie Guerrero		4 (Steamboat)	
3	Goldberg		1 (Steamboat)	
4	Ricky Steamboat		8 (Savage)	
5	Ric Flair		3 (Steamboat)	
6	Randy Savage		15 (Sting)	
7	Owen Hart		16 (HBK)	
8	Mr. Perfect		5 (Steamboat)	
9	Mick Foley		6 (Owen/Steamboat)	
10	Kane			7 (Savage	
11	Edge			10 (Taker)	
12	Rick Rude		11 (Taker)	
13	Undertaker		14 (Savage)	
14	The Rock		9 (Rude)	
15	Ted DiBiase		12 (Taker)	
16	Stone Cold		13 (Owen)	
17	Sting			19 (Bret)	
18	Shawn Michaels		17 (Bret)	
19	Bruno Sammartino	18 (Sting/Bret)	
20	Bret Hart		WINNER!!
Well shucks, now that I've typed it out it doesn't look as random as I thought. Curses.

Announcer -"Congratulations Bret, here is the WWF Championship belt, welcome to Raw!"
Bret Hart (BH) - "Yeah, two battle royals, I came in 2nd earlier and I wasn't going to be denied, this is for Calgary and the Hart Family and for...."
From the shadows rushes in Ricky Steamboat, he shoves the announcer and knocks the belt out of Hart's hands...
Ricky Steamboat (RS) - "Wait a minute, you are a cheater, how did you get #20 in both Battle Royals, something is terribly wrong with this. I eliminated a ton of people and I don't get squat and you waltz in last and get a belt. No way."
BH - "Hey don't be a sore loser, thanks for clearing the ring for me, but it looks like the real winner was the Hart Foundation, better luck next time Rick."
RS - "I am sending you a warning right now, I want that belt and I will get that belt. I am going to demand that I get a shot at you and claim what is rightfully mine, whether it's tonight or tomorrow or at Extreme Rules, I will have my chance."

Well there you have it, Bret Hart, the new WWF Champion and 2nd member of the Raw roster, my first attempt at an interview to set the groundwork for a feud, and Steamboat's added to Raw as well.

up next...the Draft...
"A two count is routine. You kick out at two if you aren’t done. Kicking out at one is a MESSAGE. It says NO in capital letters. A middle finger. A promise that the other man is going to have to kill you if they’re going to put you down." ~ Brandon Stroud

Last edited by boblight24; 03-02-2014 at 02:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2014, 01:24 PM   #12
Rookie

boblight24's Arena

Not much fanfare here, I did a random sort function, then a random number selector in Excel to draft, with the exception of the title holders. I had to do some tweaking in order to make them balanced, but I think for a starting roster they are pretty darn good. I had originally thought that there would be some wrestlers that would on wrestle as part of a tag team, but that won't be the case because I may need them to act as 'jobbers.'

I will control someone in every match, most of the time I will close my eyes and select one, sometimes I will be one or the other in order to advance a storyline. I will NOT be anyone in title matches, Royal Rumble, or tag team matches.

Gameplay is set to HARD, Reversal notification is OFF, and all PPV matches will be set to EPIC.

Here are the rosters:
Code:
Smackdown!		RAW
Animal			Andre the Giant	
Big John Studd		Billy Gunn	
British Bulldog		Booker T	
Bruno Sammartino	Bret Hart	
Chris Jericho		Edge	
Eddie Guerrero		Goldberg	
Hawk			Hulk Hogan	
JBL			Jake Roberts	
Jeff Hardy		Kevin Nash	
Kane			King Kong Bundy	
Matt Hardy		Mick Foley	
Owen Hart		Mr. Perfect	
Roddy Piper		Randy Savage	
Scott Hall		Ric Flair	
Sgt. Slaughter		Rick Rude	
Shawn Michaels		Ricky Steamboat	
Sting			Road Dogg	
Triple H		Stevie Ray	
Ultimate Warrior	Stone Cold Steve Austin	
Undertaker		Ted DiBiase	
			The Rock

World Heavyweight Champion (SD): British Bulldog
WWF Champion (RAW): Bret Hart
Intercontinental Champion (SD): Ultimate Warrior
United States Champion (RAW): Rick Rude

European Champion: Sgt. Slaughter
WWF Tag Team Champions: The Outsiders (Hall & Nash)
The universe officially kicks off later tonight with the first episode of Raw from The Staples Center in the City of Angels.

See you then...
Old 03-02-2014, 09:07 AM   #13
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18

This is awesome! I've modeled my Universe after it, except in Modern day WWE, and am having a lot of fun.

Yankees: #AllRise
Old 03-02-2014, 10:38 AM   #14
Rookie

boblight24's Arena

Quite honestly this is the point of the universe where I freak out. I've done several off-line dynasties in the past and here is where I get that deer in headlights look because now I have to mold the universe that I've created into something that is at least interesting to me. Last year I thought I had circumvented this problem by going strictly by ratings, but that lacked any emotion. Hogan vs. Rock in a Steel Cage at SummerSlam is awesome, but with no back-story is just a really tan, balding guy who rips his shirts and someone who is inquiring if our olfactory senses are working. I've learned my lesson and will be melding ratings with a love his wrestling and hopefully what comes out will be something awesome.

For the first few weeks I will probably go with what the computer sets for the matches unless they are really odd match-ups, I do have some ideas with this first show.

I do have a life, like all of us, outside of WWE2K14, so I may post a lot then take some time off, or be told by the Mrs. that taking some time off is what I'll be doing.

We are off...
Old 03-02-2014, 11:09 AM   #15
Rookie

boblight24's Arena

According to multiple sources, Jake Roberts burst into WWFs weekly meeting and demanded to know how they could allow Sgt. Slaughter to cheat his way to the European Title (in all honesty, I never adjusted his attributes before I started that 6-Man Euro Title match and I'm worried that's why he won the belt). Not one to back down from being called a backwoods inbred dog humper, the Chairman of the WWF set up a European Title match to kick off This first edition of Raw from Staples Center in Los Angeles, CA.

Sgt. Slaughter (C) vs Jake 'The Snake' Roberts (CPU v CPU)
European Championship

For now I will be letting the computer run the title matches. Back and forth match that spilled onto the mat outside the ring and I was caught off guard when Slaughter destroyed the announcers table and Roberts when he landed a Flying Elbow from the top rope basically onto Michael Cole's lap. Both men were down for awhile after that. Eventually they got back into the ring, Roberts managed to hit a Gutbuster and The DDT, but Slaughter kicked out at 2, and took control of the match after that finally getting Roberts to submit to the Cobra/Camel Clutch.

Sgt Slaughter wins and retains European Title

Huh, I guess Slaughter really is a force to be reckoned with, you reckon?

Million Dollar Corporation vs. Harlem Heat (CPU v CPU)
Normally, tag team matches will be featured on Main Event, but I hadn't seen Harlem Heat wrestle and was curious. Too bad for them because it was a massacre.

Million Dollar Corporation wins via Pinfall

Edge vs. Ric Flair (1P v CPU)
Decided it was time to take control of a wrestler instead of watching the video game play itself. Last year I was Ryback and only Ryback and I literally would sit there (because I was lobotomized I guess) and watch 2 hours of CPU v CPU until Ryback popped up. Idiot.

The trouble or grand design of setting the difficulty to Hard is that you HAVE to be quick and get in 2 or 3 offensive moves or stop them from doing the same. If you lose momentum it is next to impossible to get it back. I grappled with Flair, he reversed it and before I could say 'Oh Canada,' I was tapping X and O a little too slow and Edge had submitted. As I said, idiot.

Ric Flair wins via Submission

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. The Rock (1P v CPU)

See the above match explanation. Idiot.

The Rock wins via Submission

Both Raw and Smackdown will feature 6 matches, however that change was made too late to be included in this week's Raw, so we only have 5.

Bret Hart vs. Hulk Hogan(CPU v CPU)

WWF personnel thought this would be an ideal way to end the first show of this universe. Two great friends, allies, and two of the biggest names on the roster battling in the main event. Hart's title won't be on the line and it will be a nice diversion from the controversy surrounding Hart's title win at the Battle Royal and Ricky Steamboats rant afterwards.

(I set this to interference for Steamboat to come in and attack Hart, but all he did was apparently buy a front row ticket and sit on his hands)

According to WWFRating.com (not a real website) Hogan is far down on the list for WWF Title contenders so he knows he has to really work to get a shot at Hart's belt. This match however went a long way to proving that Hogan is indeed ready to start that climb. Hogan landed 2 Leg Drops and a Big Boot on Bret, who barely managed any offense. The ref counted 1...2....3 and raised Hogan's arm in victory. The pair then shook hands and embraced in the ring, as they were exiting they both noticed Steamboat sitting in the front row, the Champ and the Dragon locked eyes and mayhem was about to ensure, but Hulk managed to pull Hart out of the ring and backstage before anything came to pass.

Hulk Hogan wins via Pinfall

That's it for the first show. I'm not really keen on spending this much time on write-ups but I want to get all the information out that I need to, we'll see where this goes in the future.

Adios.

Last edited by boblight24; 03-06-2014 at 07:44 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2014, 11:17 AM   #16
Rookie

boblight24's Arena

As I mentioned before NXT will be CPU v CPU, with the CPU setting up the matches. I will be keeping track of the wins/losses and things like that and post the ratings from time to time. Please don't think that there is no point to NXT because you never know who from the WWF could get hurt or retire (hint).

Code:
Batista DEF. Cody Rhodes
Christian & Santino Marella DEF. Fandango & Cesaro
CM Punk DEF. Jack Swagger & Sheamus 
    -Triple Threat Match-
John Cena DEF. Ryback
Alberto Del Rio (C) DEF. Dolph Ziggler
    -Non-Title Match-
Interesting how the computer randomly generates Tag Teams, especially since only one of the participants' names ended in a consonant.

Unfortunately I left the ratings sheet at work (I needed something to look at while eating lunch) so I can't update them until tomorrow night. Also, we'll bring you the results from Main Event and Smackdown.

I probably won't play on Mondays due to watching the actual Raw on USA, but we'll see. If you haven't done so, check out the WWE Network it is awesome! All those PPVs and original programming, it's like going back 25 years and stepping into the ring with all of your favorite wrestlers!

Last edited by boblight24; 03-03-2014 at 07:19 AM. Reason: EDIT BEFORE POSTING!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »