Home

Return of the Bluebirds: A Cardiff City AFC Dynasty

This is a discussion on Return of the Bluebirds: A Cardiff City AFC Dynasty within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2014, 02:26 AM   #17
Rookie

IchBinDeutsch's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Return of the Bluebirds: A Cardiff City AFC Dynasty

I don't know what your Midfield is like, but if you ever need a strong LM/LW I HIGHLY recommend you to look into Ibrahima Traoré from VfB Stuttgart. He's an absolute stud! And he's super cheap, I got him for $2,500,000 in my Napoli Career Mode. But anyways, keep up the good work, I'm really enjoying this.
Old 04-30-2014, 10:04 AM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK0wnag3
"You used to be blue, but know you're red.
You look like ***** when you tap your head."

Good stuff.
Haha! Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchBinDeutsch
I don't know what your Midfield is like, but if you ever need a strong LM/LW I HIGHLY recommend you to look into Ibrahima Traoré from VfB Stuttgart. He's an absolute stud! And he's super cheap, I got him for $2,500,000 in my Napoli Career Mode. But anyways, keep up the good work, I'm really enjoying this.
Thanks for the tip. Right now I'm OK at LM with Bellamy, Zaha, and Daehli all being able to play there, but I could really use a better RM than Noone. (I think he's kinda underrated on the game.) Luckily all three of those guys can also play RM, so I'll take a look at Traore in January and think about running one of those guys on the right. Besides, I'm losing Zaha when his loan is up, and Bellamy is 34.
Old 04-30-2014, 01:55 PM   #19
Rookie

Matchday 6

Wet Pitch Leads to Wild Shootout Between Cardiff and Fulham

Man of the Match: Maarten Steklenburg

Fulham 3 - 3 Cardiff City
Mitroglou 10', Parker 62', Mirallas 80'
Daehli 69', Lescott 76', Zaha 89'

On a very wet evening in London, Cardiff City battled back to record a 3-3 draw against hosts Fulham.

Hipster icon Konstantinos Mitroglou opened the scoring for the hosts on 10 minutes, connecting with a rebound off Cardiff keeper David Marshall and putting it into the empty net.

Fulham had a golden opportunity to double their lead a few minutes later when Joleon Lescott appeared to trip Mitroglou inside the area, though all the Cardiff defenders claimed it was a dive. Fortunately for Lescott, Marshall was able to parry Kevin Mirallas's penalty kick.

Fulham would double their advantage in the 62nd minute when Scott Parker showed speed and skill that few knew he possessed, dribbling around and outrunning at least half of Cardiff's squad before unleashing a thunderbolt into the top of the net.

As though shocked awake, Cardiff were able to finally turn on some offense then as substitute Matts Moller Daehli was able to beat an in-form Maarten Steklenburg, before Lescott evened the score by getting a head onto a corner kick from Daehli in the 76th minute.

Kevin Mirallas broke the deadlock four minutes later when he made Steven Caulker turn the wrong way and leave him clear on goal. Five minutes later, Wilfried Zaha scored the sixth and final goal of the match, clipping the crossbar and bouncing straight down. Fulham's players and manager were adamant the ball never crossed the goal line, but replays showed it clearly did.

"That was a messy game," the Cardiff manager said afterward. "I'm surprised the match was allowed to go on with how water-clogged the pitch was. It made defending nearly impossible. I'm glad we got the point, but I felt we could have taken all three given how in control we were through most of it. But that's football."

Sep 30, 2013 - Fulham vs Cardiff City
TEAM12SCORE
Fulham (0-4-2)123
Cardiff City (1-3-2)033
Team Stats Comparison
FulhamCardiff City
3Goals3
8Shots16
6Shots on Target9
47%Possession53%
0Fouls3
0Yellow Cards0
0Red Cards0
0Injuries1
75%Shot Accuracy56%
88%Passing Percentage81%
Old 04-30-2014, 02:01 PM   #20
Rookie

BPL Standings Update

Barclays Premiere League Table
1 October 2013

Here's a look at the Barclays Premiere League table after the first two months of action.

Barclays Premier League Table, 01 October 2013
TEAMGPWDLPTS
Manchester City651016
Arsenal651016
Liverpool642014
Chelsea641113
Manchester United633012
Tottenham Hotspur631210
Everton631210
Sunderland62319
West Ham United62319
Norwich City63039
Newcastle United62137
Cardiff City61326
Southampton62046
Aston Villa62046
West Bromwich Albion61235
Swansea City61235
Fulham60424
Stoke City61053
Crystal Palace60242
Hull City60242
Old 04-30-2014, 02:10 PM   #21
Rookie

OliFisher96's Arena

Re: BPL Standings Update

Really liking this so far! Loving the graphics and reports, your writing style is very official! Keep it up!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2014, 02:22 PM   #22
Rookie

Re: BPL Standings Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliFisher96
Really liking this so far! Loving the graphics and reports, your writing style is very official! Keep it up!
Thank you! I just commented on your thread about how much I like what you're doing with St. Pauli.
Old 05-02-2014, 12:01 PM   #23
Rookie

Bluebirds Hang On to Beat Magpies

Man of the Match: Wilfried Zaha

Cardiff City 3 - 2 Newcastle United
Mutch 36', 43'; Campbell 57'
Santon 35', Marveaux 80'

After conceding the opening goal, Cardiff City scored three in succession and hung on against a late onslaught to defeat Newcastle United.

Poor defensive clearances would be an unfortunate theme for the Bluebirds, who conceded the first goal against the run of play when they were unable to clear David Marshall's parry of a Didier Ya Konan shot. Fullback Davide Santon made them pay by tapping the rebound into the open net.

But Cardiff fought back immediately, when fullback Kevin Theophile-Catherine found Jordan Mutch with a beautiful cross, allowing the attacking midfielder to head home his first goal of the season. Up to that point, Tim Krul had made one fantastic save after another to deny Cardiff, but he could only watch as Mutch's bullet header scorched his net.

Seven minutes later Mutch would double Cardiff's advantage heading into halftime when he beat Newcastle's back line to chase down a beautiful through ball from Wilfried Zaha and curl it around an outstretched Krul. It was quite a remarkable ten minutes for Mutch, who picked up a yellow card for a reckless challenge on Fabricio Coloccini to go with his two goals.

Cardiff came out of the break flat-footed, seeming to invite Newcastle to equalize. But on 57 minutes, the recently in-form Fraizer Campbell chased down another perfectly-weighted through ball from Zaha to double the advantage.

From there, Thomas Shepherd's men sat back and played defense, occasionally breaking on a counterattack, but could not find another goal.

Things took a nervy turn in the 80th minute when the Cardiff defenders failed to clear a poor corner. Four blue shirts stood watching the ball bounce off the pitch before Sylvain Marveaux ripped the volley past a flat-footed Marshall to pull one back for the Toon.

Newcastle looked destined to equalize and take points away from Cardiff, but the Bluebirds were able to settle down, play possession football, and run out the clock, though they did allow Newcastle a beautiful chance to equalize, but Marshall was able to deflect Tiote's rocket and preserve all three points.

"A great win in front of the home crowd," Shepherd said. "I'm proud of our guys today. I know a lot has been said about Zaha lately, but you couldn't beat those two assists. He's been terrific for us. We would love to hang onto him after this season, but that isn't really up to me."

We expect more developments on the Zaha front in the coming month. Stay tuned.

Oct 5, 2013 - Cardiff City vs Newcastle United
TEAM12SCORE
Cardiff City (2-3-2)213
Newcastle United (2-1-4)112
Team Stats Comparison
Cardiff CityNewcastle United
3Goals2
18Shots10
12Shots on Target5
52%Possession48%
2Fouls0
1Yellow Cards0
0Red Cards0
0Injuries0
66%Shot Accuracy50%
79%Passing Percentage81%
Old 05-02-2014, 07:24 PM   #24
Rookie

JibberSkin's Arena

OVR: 3

Great start to the season! 9 points through seven matches is an impressive haul for Cardiff!

Purdue
Indiana Pacers
Indianapolis Colts
Chicago Cubs
Seattle Sounders
Tottenham Hotspur

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »