Home

Road to the Prem | Oxford United (FIFA 15)

This is a discussion on Road to the Prem | Oxford United (FIFA 15) within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2018, 05:38 PM   #1
Pro

jpfine's Arena

OVR: 0
Road to the Prem | Oxford United (FIFA 15)

Road to the Prem
Oxford United

Overview

Recently, I started an NCAA Football 14 Dynasty and, thus far, I've really enjoyed it. I haven't gotten too far with this dynasty, but I plan to go super far with that. In addition to NCAA Football 14, I've really enjoyed playing FIFA. I haven't been able to play with other, more updated versions (such as FIFA 17, 18 or 19), so, as the title suggests, I've had to settle with FIFA 15. Previously, I had FIFA 12 and 14, until those two games I either lost or broke. So, at the moment, FIFA 15 it is.

I'm looking for to starting this type of career mode on FIFA 15, and I had a tough time deciding which team I'll try to take to the Premier League. However, also as the title suggest, I have chosen to go with Oxford United. With the U's, I plan to take them to the Premier League and beyond, possibly getting the chance to win the Champions League.

This project may not see as much attention as my other project, as mentioned above, so you may see a lot of this, but you may not. I'm going to do my best to do this for a couple of in-game years, but we'll see. For now, I hope you all enjoy this and I hope you enjoy the journey.

Last edited by jpfine; 12-29-2018 at 11:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2018, 05:39 PM   #2
Pro

jpfine's Arena

Table of Contents

Season 1

Last edited by jpfine; 12-17-2018 at 07:26 PM.
Old 12-16-2018, 05:40 PM   #3
Pro

jpfine's Arena

Dynasty House Rules and Settings

Settings
Video Game: EA Sports' FIFA 15
Console: XBox 360
Difficulty Level: World Class
Half Length: 5 Minutes
Gameplay Sliders: None
(as of now)

ALL GAMES CONTAINING OXFORD UNITED WILL BE PLAYED AND CONTROLLED BY MYSELF. NO SIMMING ALLOWED.

Strategy
Formation: 4-3-3 (Attack)

Transfer Rules
I will not be allowed to do anything related to transfers at all and I will have the computer do this for me. I may use the Transfer tab, to check on how things are going and what is happening, but I may not adjust anything when in the tab.

Edits/Additional Rules

Goals/Objectives
~ To get promoted to the Premier League
(This will take a minimum of three seasons.)
~ To stay in Premier League five years straight (This will take a minimum of eight seasons.)
~ To win the Premier League three times (This will take a minimum of three seasons, once I win the Premier League.)
~ To win various tournaments at least five times
~ To win the Champions League

Notes:
Notes: ~ Once all are completed, I will stop the dynasty and (most likely) start a new one.
Notes: ~ If I get fired or I am not offered an extension to my contract, the dynasty will finish and I will (again, most likely) start a new one.

Last edited by jpfine; 12-16-2018 at 06:55 PM.
Old 12-16-2018, 05:40 PM   #4
Pro

jpfine's Arena

Career Tracker

Head Coach Dan Barnes' Career Information at Oxford United
Total Points: 0 points
Career Record: 0-0-0
Lowest League: EFL League Two
Highest League: EFL League Two
Promotions: None
Relegations: None
Most Years in a League: 1 year - EFL League Two
Most Consectutive Years in a League: 1 year - EFL League Two (2014)
Longest Unbeaten Streak: 0
Longest Winning Streak: 0
Longest Losing Streak: 0
FA Cup Record: 0-0-0
Best FA Cup Placement: N/A
EFL Cup Record: 0-0-0
Best EFL Cup Placement: N/A
EFL Trophy Record: 0-0-0
Best EFL Trophy Placement: N/A
European Competition Record: 0-0-0
Best European Competition Placement: N/A

Yearly Records

Placement: 16th
Overall Record: 0-0-0
Goals For: 0
Goals Against: 0
Goal Differential: 0
Leading Goalscorer: Joe Scorer, 0 goals
FA Cup: N/A
EFL Cup: N/A
EFL Trophy: N/A

Last edited by jpfine; 12-29-2018 at 11:49 PM.
Old 12-16-2018, 05:41 PM   #5
Pro

jpfine's Arena

Oxford United Hall of Fame
These players have been deemed, by Coach Barnes, worthy enough to be honored by the Oxford United Football Club.

Retired Numbers
This will be adjusted and updated when I feel necessary.

Last edited by jpfine; 12-16-2018 at 07:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2018, 05:42 PM   #6
Pro

jpfine's Arena

Around the World History
2014-15
FIFA Club World Cup:
UEFA Champions League:
Europa League:
Premier League Winner:
FA Cup Winner:
EFL Cup Winner:
EFL Trophy Winner:
Relegated from Premier League:
Promoted from EFL Championship:
Relegated from EFL Championship:
Promoted from EFL League One:
Relegated from EFL League One:
Promoted from EFL League Two:

----------------------------------------------
You are now free to post.
Just wanted to let you all know that this week is Finals for me, so I'm putting all of my time into that. I won't start adding to this thread until after Thursday.

Last edited by jpfine; 12-29-2018 at 11:53 PM.
Old 12-16-2018, 10:56 PM   #7
Pro

jpfine's Arena

Club News
New Oxford manager announced

Oxford United chairman Sumrith 'Tiger' Thanakarnjanasuth announces Dan Barnes as new manager

17 June 2014

The U's welcome new manager, Dan Barnes, for 2014-15 season

Roughly a week after previous manager for the Yellows, Gary Waddock, was fired after going 1-0-7 to end the season in League Two, Thanakarnjanasuth has announced that Dan Barnes will be the replacement for the 2014-15 season.

Dan Barnes previously played for Luton Town from 1986 to 1992 as a forward, where he won the Football League Cup during the 1987-88 season and played for the team that gained the highest position for Luton Town in the top flight, which is 7th place in 1987. Barnes left Luton Town after the 1992 season, as the Hatters went down to the second tier.

Barnes joined the newly promoted Blackburn Rovers in the newly formed Premier League. He played with the Rovers from 1992 to 1997. Within this time, he won the Premier League in 1995. However, Barnes quickly moved on, as the Blue and Whites slowly deteriorated, dropping to 7th, then 13th, in subsequent years.

At the age of 29, Barnes moved to play for Manchester United. However, he was loaned for the season to play for Derby County. After his loan spell with the Rams, Barnes played for the Red Devils from 1998-2003, where he ended his career. In the time with Man United, he won the Premier League four out of the five years.

In Barnes' 17-year career in the top flight, he accounted for 156 goals between the four teams he played for, making him one of twenty-nine other players who has scored 100 goals or more. Although likely to change, Barnes is currently seventh on the all-time list, behind the likes of Alan, Wayne, Andy, Frank, Thierry, and Robbie: players who only need their first name to be recognized. In addition, Barnes won in the top flight five times: four with Manchester United and once with Blackburn Rovers.

The managerial job with the U's is Barnes' first and he looks to make a good impression. "I am excited for where this journey takes me," Barnes says, "and I hope to bring the Yellows to the top flight."

Although ambitious, Barnes believes that Oxford will be taken to the Premier League within the next six years. "I have to set my expectations high," he says, "and I definitely believe we can get there. This year, in League Two, expect to be winning and to get promoted this year to League One."

The schedule and the outlook for Oxford United will come shortly.

----------
Bonus points for anyone who can name the players ahead of Barnes without looking it up.

Last edited by jpfine; 12-30-2018 at 11:57 AM.
Old 12-17-2018, 05:47 PM   #8
Pro

jpfine's Arena

Match Report
REPORT Oxford United 1 Brescia 0

Barnes opens his career as Oxford Manager with friendly win against Brescia

29 July 2014

Even in a tough, defensive battle between the U's and the Rondinelle, Oxford come out with a one-nil win after Johnny Mullins slotted home a goal in the 82nd minute.

Barnes was able to bring his team to a win in his first game at home against Italian team, Brescia. The team showed some promise, however, the U's showed no signs of production after Johnny Mullins was able to score in the 82nd.

From the starting whistle to the halftime whistle, not much happened between the two sides, excluding a foul in the 20th minute that gave Tom Newey a yellow card.

The same feat occured in the second half, as nothing divided the two teams. However, the one thing that did was the sole goal of the day, which centerback Johnny Mullins produced for Oxford. The goal from Mullins sealed the deal for the U's, as they produced a 1-0 friendly win.

Jul 29, 2014 - Brescia vs Oxford United
TEAM12SCORE
Brescia (--)011
Oxford United (--)000
Team Stats Comparison
BresciaOxford United
0Goals1
5Shots0
1Shots on Target0
5Tackles10
0Fouls1
0Yellow Cards1
0Red Cards0
0Injuries0
20%Shot Accuracy0%
90%Passing Percentage78%

Match Events
20' - Newey (OXF) - Yellow Card - 0-0
82' - Mullins (OXF) - Goal - 1-0

Last edited by jpfine; 12-18-2018 at 06:31 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »