Home

Hall Of Fame: Yes Or No?

This is a discussion on Hall Of Fame: Yes Or No? within the Pro Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-20-2013, 09:43 PM   #313
LVP

BatsareBugs's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: Hall Of Fame: Yes Or No?

I was always under the impression that Helton was at least good defensively at first base.
Old 07-20-2013, 09:56 PM   #314

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24
While I disagree with some parts of UZR, eye test against statistics the eye test losses every time.

This is exactly why I put "this isn't a slight against him nor against Rockies' fans." You aren't being impartial when it comes to this discussion.
Old 07-20-2013, 10:08 PM   #315
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

OVR: 36

UZR is much better than the eye test, honestly. And the day they find a suitable, publicly accessible way to create a DRS-like stat is the day I'll be very happy, it's a great concept.

Helton is very good in both, but he doesn't have the stats to justify getting into the HOF.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2013, 10:35 PM   #316
MVP

G3no_11's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMilan99
UZR is much better than the eye test, honestly. And the day they find a suitable, publicly accessible way to create a DRS-like stat is the day I'll be very happy, it's a great concept.

Helton is very good in both, but he doesn't have the stats to justify getting into the HOF.
That's fair. Along with a few other answers. Obviously I am going to be a little biased being a Rockies fan and having the ability to watch him consistently for over 15 years. The only answer that "grinded my gears" was that I haven't watched him play 1B at a high level for so many years. I have.. and it really is impressive to watch. Since I have kind of been weened off of his hitting (at least power-wise), his fielding will be the most glaring thing missing when he retires.

Me personally, I think he should get in, it's really a no brainer to me. I believe the number is 17 or 18... only 17 or 18 players in history of the game rank in the top 100 in as many categories as he does. But will he get in the Hall? I think it's probably at or lower than a 50/50 chance. I think people just put way too much emphasis/punishment for playing in Coors Field for him to get in.

Obviously I was expecting people to think differently in this thread, otherwise there would've been no point to bring him up.
Old 07-20-2013, 10:46 PM   #317
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

OVR: 36

Speaking of homer choices, you guys think Doc Halladay gets in? I hope he goes in and as a Blue Jay, too. I'd be there for that. Roughly 68 fWAR as a pitcher in a very hitter-friendly period. Absolute cyborg. Peak of 8 wins, which is insane for a pitcher. Post season no hitter. Should fair well in narratives and counting stats. 3.20 xFIP.
Old 07-20-2013, 10:58 PM   #318
MVP

G3no_11's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Speaking of homer choices, you guys think Doc Halladay gets in? I hope he goes in and as a Blue Jay, too. I'd be there for that. Roughly 68 fWAR as a pitcher in a very hitter-friendly period. Absolute cyborg. Peak of 8 wins, which is insane for a pitcher. Post season no hitter. Should fair well in narratives and counting stats. 3.20 xFIP.
What's his W/L record??? lol

He'd get my vote. He has been considered one of the best if not THE best pitchers in the game for nearly a decade. One thing that is impressive to me is winning 2 Cy Young awards, 1 in the AL and 1 in the NL, and he did it 7 years apart.

He's a product of Colorado too.
Old 07-20-2013, 11:00 PM   #319
Banned

OVR: 55

Quote:
He's got the same ERA+ as Sandy Koufax did and only one point behind Maddux. He gets my vote.
Old 07-21-2013, 12:49 AM   #320
All Star

DrJones's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by G3no_11
I think people just put way too much emphasis/punishment for playing in Coors Field for him to get in.
That's bound to happen when you hit .347/.444/.607 at Coors and .289/.389/.473 everywhere else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
DrJones brings the stinky cheese is what we've all learned from this debacle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipnis22
yes your fantasy world when your proven wrong about 95% of your post

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball »