Home

2011 World Series: Texas Rangers v. St. Louis Cardinals

This is a discussion on 2011 World Series: Texas Rangers v. St. Louis Cardinals within the Pro Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2011, 04:48 PM   #65
Banned

bulls23's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: 2011 World Series: Texas Rangers v. St. Louis Cardinals

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJones
True. Though if any team has been screwed out of home field advantage in the World Series over the years, it's been St. Louis.

2004: The 105-win Cards (most wins by any WS team in the last 13 seasons) start the World Series at wild card Boston (98 wins), get swept.

1987: The 95-win Cards (best record in the NL) lose the WS in 7 games to the 85-win Twins (the home team won every game). And yes, the Twins also had home field against the 98-win Tigers in the ALCS, because it used to alternate by division and league every season.
I appreciate at least one fan on here knows baseball.

I'd rather face a possibility of four games of eight hitters and a pitcher, then Texas' normal lineup.
In addition, when we go to Texas, we have quite a few combinations to use for the DH role.

Holliday (with Craig playing the field) Berkman, etc.

Texas will be the only team this season that takes the Cardinals' seriously, and for that I have the upmost respect for their organization. Back to back World Series appearances, pretty impressive for what was recently a bankrupt team.

Last edited by bulls23; 10-17-2011 at 04:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2011, 04:54 PM   #66
Dog
aka jnes12/JNes__

Dog's Arena

OVR: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulls23
Guess your ignore button doesn't work too well...the Brewers didn't take the Cardinals seriously and neither did the Phillies. And you see what happened.
That has to be one of the worst analysis' of either series I've seen, by the way

Quote:
Why don't you go back to posting about the Eagles (oh yeah, they are overrated too) LOL.
Idiotic, immature posts like this is an easy way to get banned on OS. Just a heads up

Old 10-17-2011, 04:56 PM   #67
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

If you honestly think the Phillies and Brewers didn't take a freaking playoff series "seriously" I don't know what to tell you. Where are you even getting that?
Old 10-17-2011, 05:00 PM   #68

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
I appreciate at least one fan on here knows baseball.

I'd rather face a possibility of four games of eight hitters and a pitcher, then Texas' normal lineup.
In addition, when we go to Texas, we have quite a few combinations to use for the DH role.

Holliday (with Craig playing the field) Berkman, etc.

Texas will be the only team this season that takes the Cardinals' seriously, and for that I have the upmost respect for their organization. Back to back World Series appearances, pretty impressive for what was recently a bankrupt team.
You need to chill, this is your only warning.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:52 PM   #69
MVP

Travis40's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
To be fair, Texas doesn't lose much production by losing their DH. Michael Young will start at 1B, and Mitch Moreland will be on the bench. Moreland has been terrible during the postseason, and I'm not sure he could produce as well as a pitcher could in the 9 hole. Plus, CJ Wilson and Colby Lewis know how to swing the bat, so it'll be interesting to see how well they do during the series.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:02 PM   #70
We'll waste him too.

snepp's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Well, it happened. The All-Star game gave the NL team the home field advantage when they didn't deserve it. Puke.

That's the way they pick 'em.

Spoiler
Old 10-17-2011, 06:47 PM   #71
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Guess your ignore button doesn't work too well...the Brewers didn't take the Cardinals seriously and neither did the Phillies. And you see what happened.
Got any other cliches?? Maybe the Phillies or the Brewers didn't give 110%...or they gave 100%, but the Cardinals gave 110% each series for a grand total of 220% or maybe it's 231% since it would be 110% + 110%?? Clearly, it's a math thing.

Please provide evidence whereby either or both teams "didn't take the Cardinals seriously", otherwise, you're just talkin'. I mean really.... this is what these people do for a living. There is over a 100 years of history of the underdog regularly beating the favorite. Do you really think either the Philadelphia or Milwaukee organizations...having millions of dollars at stake, let alone reputations, pride and professionalism on the line.... and they're not going to take their opponent, who by the way was the hottest team going into the playoffs, seriously??

SERIOUSLY??

You do want to re-think that statement....don't you now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2011, 06:51 PM   #72
Heroes Never Die

IlliniM1ke's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marino
You need to chill, this is your only warning.
Thank you.

Even as a Cardinals fan I can't stand half the things he posts, Phillies and Brewers didn't take the playoffs seriously.

Texas will struggle without their DH (obviously he knows nothing about the Rangers).

Here's to hoping he'll keep pushing it so we can have a well informed discussion of the World Series and not one where everyone is side tracked bashing the person posting the dumbest opinions.
MLB- St. Louis Cardinals
NBA- Boston Celtics
NHL- Chicago Blackhawks

Formerly CardsFan27

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball »