Home

5/30 - 6/12 Game Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on 5/30 - 6/12 Game Discussion Thread within the Pro Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2022, 12:50 PM   #73
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: 5/30 - 6/12 Game Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentch
Totally agreed. I wasnt a fan of how Joe Girardi was just thrown under the bus in Philly, even though I believe the move may be the spark of urgency that the team needs to function at their best

The manager is baseball is only as good as the sum of their parts, and the Phillies have had a habit of underachieving for years and scapegoating their managers as a result. People have asked "how much was Girardi propped up by the Yankees", but how much was Gabe Kaplar really propped up by the old *** 107 win Giants team? It's a tough call to make, especially when you go out and spend tons of money and expect instant results

Only the Angels can have 2 MVP talents and still waste them with horrible rotations. How can this possibly be the fault of Maddon?
It's not just about Maddon. That's true. But he's not this baseball savant or genius that the media led everyone to believe either. Rays have done just fine without him. Cubs won that one WS. But was that because of Maddon? No. Most Cubs fan will tell you it definitely was in spite of him.

Joe is just like Girardi. In the sense. You could do worse, but you can do better too. My thing with Maddon is. He wasn't ever a genius. He was just a product of the Rays system.

It's time for the Angels to make a change.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Last edited by DamnYanks2; 06-06-2022 at 12:58 PM.
Old 06-06-2022, 06:19 PM   #74
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9
Except the year they used every single draft pick on pitching.
I am more referring to free agency for the last 10 years they have done nothing to improve it. have didn't try to get a Cole or any ace like starters. Only Noah coming back from Tommy John was their big one.
Old 06-06-2022, 06:27 PM   #75
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentch
Totally agreed. I wasnt a fan of how Joe Girardi was just thrown under the bus in Philly, even though I believe the move may be the spark of urgency that the team needs to function at their best

The manager is baseball is only as good as the sum of their parts, and the Phillies have had a habit of underachieving for years and scapegoating their managers as a result. People have asked "how much was Girardi propped up by the Yankees", but how much was Gabe Kaplar really propped up by the old *** 107 win Giants team? It's a tough call to make, especially when you go out and spend tons of money and expect instant results

Only the Angels can have 2 MVP talents and still waste them with horrible rotations. How can this possibly be the fault of Maddon?
Yeah and the Giants overachieved last year with pitching this year it is not going so good even with 3 of those starters back we are in the bottom 10 in ERA it has been ugly at times. so pitching can come in waves season by season of 'luck'

It is interesting you know because Joe in 2013 I think it was pretty much had a AAA team when the entire yankees roster was injured apart from Cano. and he still managed to get that team to over 500 with guys like Overbay and Nix LOL Joe was ran out of NY after coming back and winning the ALDC against the Indians over the Sanchez thing mostly. and they almost made the world series if not for Chapman's choke (and probably Houston knowing the pitches). yet was fired.

There will come a time this year when the yankees have a slide and the ;fire boone and Cashman' yankees twitter will fire up again for a few weeks.

The phillies?? well when you have DHS out there as outfielders trying to be Detroit of 2012 with no BP but worse then no manager can do that. I know Joe binder has always been a joke in the past but he had a good BP to work with all the time with the yankees. guys Like Betances and Mo who were unhitable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2022, 09:14 PM   #76
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Reds grounds crew can’t get tarp to cover entire infield due to rain on tarp.

Third base dirt has standing water and it’s flat pouring.

Reds up 7-0 in bottom of 7th … just call the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-07-2022, 06:48 AM   #77

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Never realized the Angels are on a 12 game losing streak!

They were 10 games above .500 and in 1st in the WC. Now they're 2 games under .500 and 1.5 games back of the last WC
Old 06-07-2022, 08:43 AM   #78
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Despite playing in a "Little League Park", the Yankees pitching staff has yielded the lowest number of homeruns in the majors (38). They have played 30 of their 54 games at Yankee Stadium thus far.

The Mariners have given up the most bombs as a pitching staff with 75, just to see the other end of the spectrum

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-07-2022, 08:55 AM   #79

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Despite playing in a "Little League Park", the Yankees pitching staff has yielded the lowest number of homeruns in the majors (38). They have played 30 of their 54 games at Yankee Stadium thus far.

The Mariners have given up the most bombs as a pitching staff with 75, just to see the other end of the spectrum
Just wait until they play the good teams.

4th easiest schedule so far, but 5th toughest remaining schedule (only AL team with a tougher one is the Os).
Old 06-07-2022, 09:05 AM   #80
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10

Big “Rangers haven’t faced a starting goalie” energy. We ride.
I can't hide who I am, baby I'm a gangster
In the Rolls Royce, steppin' on a mink rug
The clique just a gang of bosses that linked up

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball »