Home

NBA Draft 2023

This is a discussion on NBA Draft 2023 within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2023, 01:49 PM   #305
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Draft 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
From just looking at highlights, he looks like an explosive athlete, who excels at getting to the rim and finishing, has the tools to be a good defensive player, you just hope he can get a consistent jumper. With guys like this, it's all about work ethic and adjusting to be a role player. Some many guys like this don't reach their potential because they're use to having a green light in college, where in the NBA, you have to fit a specific role.

It's funny under Doc Rivers, I was all for trading picks and not focusing on UDFAs because I know Doc wouldn't let a young player sniff the court lol. I do think their minutes to be had for young guys like this for the Sixers this year. I fully expect Jaden Springer to get minutes this year. If Harden stays, they won't have much cap space to do much in Free Agency, let alone resigning guys like Niang, McDaniels. If they lose McDaniels, they will have a dire need at wing depth.

There is a degree of that but in his case he was he playing that well already splitting touches with Walsh, Black, Nick Smith Jr, and Trevon Brazile who was also in mocks before getting injured.

His shot needs to improve. I’m curious to see what it looks like when he’s just taking spot up threes and not trying to create them. He shot over 40% from three is limited attempts as a freshman at Wichita State, and he’s been an 80% free throw shooter the past two years. I feel like the foundation is there.

The thing with Council is he was moving up around the lottery in some mocks during the year. He dropped a bit, I think other teams started looking at him like a guy to game plan for. And dropped some more once he moved to sort of a 6th man scorer role when Nick Smith Jr came back. But at one point in time last year mocks had him going in the first round.

Fitting a role thing is actually what I like abut him. He had no issues moving to 6th man last year. Muss said he was still showing up early even after that swap. And he’s already started working on his shot. He seems like he knows what to expect and how to crack a rotation. But idk.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2023, 02:21 PM   #306
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
There is a degree of that but in his case he was he playing that well already splitting touches with Walsh, Black, Nick Smith Jr, and Trevon Brazile who was also in mocks before getting injured.

His shot needs to improve. I’m curious to see what it looks like when he’s just taking spot up threes and not trying to create them. He shot over 40% from three is limited attempts as a freshman at Wichita State, and he’s been an 80% free throw shooter the past two years. I feel like the foundation is there.

The thing with Council is he was moving up around the lottery in some mocks during the year. He dropped a bit, I think other teams started looking at him like a guy to game plan for. And dropped some more once he moved to sort of a 6th man scorer role when Nick Smith Jr came back. But at one point in time last year mocks had him going in the first round.

Fitting a role thing is actually what I like abut him. He had no issues moving to 6th man last year. Muss said he was still showing up early even after that swap. And he’s already started working on his shot. He seems like he knows what to expect and how to crack a rotation. But idk.
Like I said, there are rotation minutes to be has on this team. Currently(with Harden on team), the 2nd apron is at $182M, Sixers are at $180M. That's not counting Niang, Reed, and McDaniels. They almost have to trade Tobias and take back less salary or hope Harden takes less than expected. I'm still all for Harden leaving. But all signs are that Harden is returning. Sixers likely want to stay under the 2nd apron, so they'll have to choose which FA to keep. So guys like Council have a chance to Crack rotation
Old 06-24-2023, 03:10 PM   #307
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

OVR: 17

I just watched a replay of the draft. Too much drama and talk about hair lol. Like only ESPN can do.

Liked the Hornets picks. Miller is a dog and should translate right away. Nick Smith could be a hell of a steal for them. He didn't do much in college due to a knee injury. But was once looked at as the number 1 recruit in some sectors. Great picks. Then snagging Amari Bailey late round. Hell of a draft.

Does anybody have more untapped potential then the Rockets? Maybe they'll finally tap in this year. That team looks like an all star G league team though lol it's getting to be a bit ridiculous.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Old 06-24-2023, 03:14 PM   #308
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnYanks2
I just watched a replay of the draft. Too much drama and talk about hair lol. Like only ESPN can do.

Liked the Hornets picks. Miller is a dog and should translate right away. Nick Smith could be a hell of a steal for them. He didn't do much in college due to a knee injury. But was once looked at as the number 1 recruit in some sectors. Great picks. Then snagging Amari Bailey late round. Hell of a draft.

Does anybody have more untapped potential then the Rockets? Maybe they'll finally tap in this year. That team looks like an all star G league team though lol it's getting to be a bit ridiculous.

They just need one person to step up and I hope it starts a chain reaction. My hope is it's Sengun. He's basically Jokic beta right now.
Old 06-24-2023, 03:18 PM   #309
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
They just need one person to step up and I hope it starts a chain reaction. My hope is it's Sengun. He's basically Jokic beta right now.
They need some veteran leadership. It's just like all kids there. At the worst they got plenty of talent and I mean plenty to trade to get a few players to get better.

Old 06-24-2023, 03:55 PM   #310
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnYanks2
They need some veteran leadership. It's just like all kids there. At the worst they got plenty of talent and I mean plenty to trade to get a few players to get better.

I believe Harden could be the veteran leader they need. He's already a fixture in community and loves to give back to the local businesses there lol

But, they do seem like a team that could make a trade. They have a lot of 1st round guys that are entering their third year, so they'll have to start making decisions on who they want to keep long term. They have at least 7 recent first round picks. For the most part, it seems like they were just collecting talent. They have a logjam on the wing and need a Vet PG
Old 06-24-2023, 06:21 PM   #311

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I believe Harden could be the veteran leader they need. He's already a fixture in community and loves to give back to the local businesses there lol
Good sell job, man. I'd buy a used car from you lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2023, 02:38 PM   #312
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

This is awesome!!

https://twitter.com/mitxhelI/status/...011821568?s=20

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »