Home

2024 NBA Draft

This is a discussion on 2024 NBA Draft within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-28-2024, 10:17 PM   #177
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: 2024 NBA Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Literally just had a second round pick opt to go back to Europe on the advice of his agent after being picked, but the goal posts will probably be moved so I’ll leave it there. Nothing new under the sun, just different names attached.

Can definitely agree it’s nowhere near as complicated as it’s being made though.
Who's going back? The kid the Spurs selected?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member
Old 06-28-2024, 10:41 PM   #178
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
Who's going back? The kid the Spurs selected?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Yep Juan is headed back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-29-2024, 02:05 AM   #179
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

Funny thing would be if LeBron left anyway, Shabazz Napier all over again but with his own son
Old 06-29-2024, 06:47 AM   #180
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

Quote:
Literally just had a second round pick opt to go back to Europe on the advice of his agent after being picked, but the goal posts will probably be moved so I’ll leave it there. Nothing new under the sun, just different names attached.

Can definitely agree it’s nowhere near as complicated as it’s being made though.

Lmao a international player that’s already under contract to 2 teams overseas that’s clearly being drafted as a draft and stash is the same scenario as an American kid’s agent telling all the teams ahead of his preferred spot in the draft to not draft him so he can make it to that spot otherwise he’s gonna leave the country to find a team to play with is definitely the same thing. Sure thing, I’ll go ahead and “move these goal posts”

Old 06-29-2024, 07:33 AM   #181
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
2024 NBA Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I'm only bothered by it in so far as I don't want to hear LeBron say he isn't pressuring his son or that he wants him to be his own man. I saw a quote by AD that said "its clear Bronny wants to be his own man and not in the shadow of his dad" and that doesn't check out.

The nepotism angle doesn't bother me one way or the other. I don't believe the take that Bronny "stole" someone's spot who is more deserving. I wouldn't have an issue with LeBron saying if Bronny was available he wants the Lakers to pick him. What I do take issue with (but its small) is the LeBron camp "engineering" this (this is the key) but the LeBron camp playing like thats not exactly what they did
Exactly.

I just want him to acknowledge the pull he has, that’s all. It’s like he wants us to know he has major pull/influence in this league but doesn’t want folks to believe he had anything to do with anything, which is what folks are tired of. He’s been at this going on 20 years and still thinks we’re oblivious and so do his fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Its not LeBron hypocrisy though. Across every sport its the same -- anything involving the superstars gets blown up.
Look at the Eli Manning situation. That was over 20 years ago and there are folks still talking about how that was messed up to this day lol.

Quote:

Nepotism is the act of granting an advantage, privilege, or position to relatives or friends in an occupation or field. It’s as simple as that. It has happened long before Bronny, it will happen long after.

Nepotism is the act of granting an *unfair* advantage, privilege, or position to relatives or friends in an occupation or field.

The word, by definition, has always been a negative and the act has never been considered a good thing(Austin/Doc Rivers, the Dunleavys to use other examples)and always gotten criticized.

Again, I have no problem with Lebron using his pull. I just wish for folks to be honest about the situation lol. Now, aside from that, I do think the “fair” question to ask is if this is the best situation for him?

Last edited by ProfessaPackMan; 06-29-2024 at 08:16 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2024, 08:15 AM   #182
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
2024 NBA Draft

Double post

Last edited by ProfessaPackMan; 06-29-2024 at 08:17 AM. Reason: Double post
Old 06-29-2024, 08:40 AM   #183
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Exactly.

I just want him to acknowledge the pull he has, that’s all. It’s like he wants us to know he has major pull/influence in this league but doesn’t want folks to believe he had anything to do with anything, which is what folks are tired of. He’s been at this going on 20 years and still thinks we’re oblivious and so do his fans.

Look at the Eli Manning situation. That was over 20 years ago and there are folks still talking about how that was messed up to this day lol.

We can go even more recent. Deion & Shedeur Sanders. Dude hasn’t even finished his college career yet, he’s a significantly better player than Bronny and people been making a big deal about his name.

It’s just hilarious to me that as usual when it comes to LeKing unless you’re praising him and whatever he’s got going on then it’s time to start clutching pearls about how he’s being treated. Austin Rivers has been getting **** on and clowned for a decade for nepotism and he isn’t even remotely close to a star, so why exactly would a situation for a star of Bron’s caliber not be talked about?

Old 06-29-2024, 11:58 AM   #184
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Lmao a international player that’s already under contract to 2 teams overseas that’s clearly being drafted as a draft and stash is the same scenario as an American kid’s agent telling all the teams ahead of his preferred spot in the draft to not draft him so he can make it to that spot otherwise he’s gonna leave the country to find a team to play with is definitely the same thing. Sure thing, I’ll go ahead and “move these goal posts”

Yep, as always. Can provide American examples from as recent as last year, but it’d be the same. Rich Paul really is a super agent with all these groundbreaking practices he’s using for the first time in history, lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Exactly.

Nepotism is the act of granting an *unfair* advantage, privilege, or position to relatives or friends in an occupation or field.

The word, by definition, has always been a negative and the act has never been considered a good thing(Austin/Doc Rivers, the Dunleavys to use other examples)and always gotten criticized.

Again, I have no problem with Lebron using his pull. I just wish for folks to be honest about the situation lol. Now, aside from that, I do think the “fair” question to ask is if this is the best situation for him?

What I posted was the actual definition.
Genuinely curious as to where the “Unfair” version of the definition came from, or was that your add?

Nepotism has been a big topic among our community in particular. (There’s actually pretty good a song on the 2K soundtrack addressing it) Goes deeper than “good or bad”….but that’s another topic.

I don’t have an issue with Bron using his resources to help his son, just like I don’t with Dame getting his cousin (who somehow had a worse ppg than Bronny) half a mil. I also don’t think they have to hold a press conference stating that they have pull or that they don’t want the best for the people they helped. They’re playing the same game that’s been being played. That’s a crazy take to me. The Buss family owes a generational acknowledgment if that’s the case lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »