Home

The LeBron James Thread

This is a discussion on The LeBron James Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Team?
Cleveland 82 20.81%
Chicago 86 21.83%
New York 71 18.02%
New Jersey 32 8.12%
Los Angeles Clippers 11 2.79%
Oklahoma City 7 1.78%
Miami 82 20.81%
Other 23 5.84%
Voters: 394. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-18-2010, 07:27 PM   #1033
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: The Official "Where is LeBron going?" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dice
For the Cavs flexibility is the problem. Obviously, the Cavs can(and will if he stays) pay him the most money. BUT that locks them up on cap room to sign anybody. Even a 2 or 3 tier player. And with them putting Mo Williams and Delonte West on the block isn't drawing much interest. Are they going to trade those two to Toronto for Bosh? Toronto has too many guards as is.
West being traded is not about his talent, it's him having a 4.5 Million cap hold with only 500k guaranteed. And supposedly the Raptors also love mo.

The biggest thing the Cavaliers have, though, is JJ Hickson. And in a S&T, the Raptors are not going to get "fair" value.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:55 PM   #1034
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
Honestly, I don't find it that exciting myself. He's a great player, but there are some stacked teams in the league right now, and a few of those teams will stack up more in the off season. In Cleveland, his team looked dominant and scary, only to fizzle in the post season. Where he goes is only exciting if he's in a situation where that doesn't happen again.

I'd like to see Derrick Rose come into his own with a complmientary player, like Stoudemire. Even if Amar'e goes to Chi-town and is the go-to guy on offense, it'll still be Rose's team. I don't want to see his growth stunted by all of the ball dominance Lebron will take away.

Lebron and Wade doesn't excite me, because an SG-SF combo has only worked as a 1-2 punch in all of NBA history. There is a point in Lebron's career where I would have liked to have seen him in a complimentary role, but the way he has developed, he needs to just work on his offense enough that he can be the number one option on offense. Earlier in his career, he was on a path to be a combination of Pippen and Magic, but now he's moved more into the scoring role. Don't really want to see him and Wade average 25ppg on the same team. Yuck.

Don't want him in New York because I don't want the Knicks to become all about one player.

I'd actually like to see him in Jersey/Brooklyn. With their roster, coach and owner, that could be interesting and awesome if done properly. I honestly think it's his best choice if he leaves Cleveland.

He should stay in Cleveland. As much as the Cavs' roster tends to fade in the playoffs, this year they lost because he quit. Depends on who they get as a coach, but I'm not so quick to dismiss a 60 win team for losing to the Celtics. The C's will be a year older, Doc might not be back, Thibs is gone and the Magic have yet to prove they aren't pretenders. Trade Mo Williams for Kirk Hinrich and you might have the defense and the guts to get to the Finals with Bron/Jamison/Shaq and an SG acquired in Free Agency or via sign and trade.
Great post. I agree 100%
Old 06-19-2010, 04:46 PM   #1035
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

Mo for Heinrich is freaking brilliant.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2010, 04:53 PM   #1036
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectRipCity
You are kidding right? So what major cities have won a championship? Los Angeles, Boston, Philly, Chicago

It's about where the team is located not about management skills for the most part (Unless you are stuck with Isiah Thomas)

Lebron is going to a big city...Period. Where was the Cavs before Lebron? Exactly.
San Antonio and Detroit say hello.

And before LeBron, the Cavs had 3 perrenial All-Stars and what was considered on of the better teams through the 90's decade, lol. Cleveland isn't Paducah, and the franchise won't die without Lebron.
Old 06-19-2010, 06:51 PM   #1037
Banned

OVR: 55

San Antonio and Detroit are both among the ten biggest cities in America.
Old 06-19-2010, 07:05 PM   #1038
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dislimb
San Antonio and Detroit are both among the ten biggest cities in America.
To be fair, Detroit is actually 11th.

Doesn't matter, I guess the point still stands. Don't see how City size = championship.

However, I'd say the bigger reason is that those teams all have great coaches.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 06-19-2010, 07:25 PM   #1039
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

OVR: 19

We will know in 4 days who gets Lebron.

If the Bulls can move Kirk or Deng on draft day, to free up two max deals. Lebron and Bosh are Bulls.

If that doesn't happen, Lebron is gonna do a 3 year deal and resign with the Cavs. That way NJ gets their stadium ready and he can make the move there.
Old 06-19-2010, 07:34 PM   #1040
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF11
We will know in 4 days who gets Lebron.

If the Bulls can move Kirk or Deng on draft day, to free up two max deals. Lebron and Bosh are Bulls.

If that doesn't happen, Lebron is gonna do a 3 year deal and resign with the Cavs. That way NJ gets their stadium ready and he can make the move there.
4 days?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »