Home

The LeBron James Thread

This is a discussion on The LeBron James Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Team?
Cleveland 82 20.81%
Chicago 86 21.83%
New York 71 18.02%
New Jersey 32 8.12%
Los Angeles Clippers 11 2.79%
Oklahoma City 7 1.78%
Miami 82 20.81%
Other 23 5.84%
Voters: 394. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-23-2010, 07:06 PM   #1153
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: The Official "Where is LeBron going?" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobySnax
If you're NJ, would you trade the #3 overall and BL to get CP3? I was hearing that they'd go this route to lure LBJ to Jersey. I don't like the move at all because they'll be in dire need of a big man.

Heard a few rumblings of this on a few sites.
Hell. No.

And can someone please explain to me where this "Bosh,Amar'e will follow Lebron whereever he goes" mess started? Is that something either one of THEM has said or is it "A source is reporting..." fluff like that?
Old 06-23-2010, 10:16 PM   #1154
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Hell. No.

And can someone please explain to me where this "Bosh,Amar'e will follow Lebron whereever he goes" mess started? Is that something either one of THEM has said or is it "A source is reporting..." fluff like that?
Bosh has said that he wants to play with Lebron and will look for an opportunity to do so. His follow up was that he won't wait on Lebron to make a decision, even though he'd prefer to go to a place where LJ or a fellow team USA member is playing.

Amar'e has been less specific, only indicating that he'd like to win a championship and won't settle for less than a max contract.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:26 PM   #1155
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
Bosh has said that he wants to play with Lebron and will look for an opportunity to do so. His follow up was that he won't wait on Lebron to make a decision, even though he'd prefer to go to a place where LJ or a fellow team USA member is playing.

Amar'e has been less specific, only indicating that he'd like to win a championship and won't settle for less than a max contract.
I heard on the radio just yesterday that Bosh says he wants to "be the guy" where he plays. Anyway I'm really not sure what to listen to about all this anymore. There is an opportunity to get some more insight from Bosh on this whole thing though as he will be co-hosting Mike and Mike tomorrow morning on ESPN Radio. Maybe he'll give some kind of insight while he's on there for four hours lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2010, 10:31 PM   #1156
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

I'm pretty sure the interview where Bosh said he wants to be "the guy" is from before the season even started, and for some reason has become news again. Everything he's said recently makes it seem like he wants to team up with someone.

I think, unless the Lakers or some other team without cap space comes out of nowhere with a sign and trade, that Bosh is going to team up with Lebron, or join Wade in Miami.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:43 PM   #1157
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

I don't think he'll follow either of them but that's just me.

I've tried to find stuff on Google reguarding both of those statements and didn't find anything on either(Bosh HIMSELF saying he WANTS to play with Lebron or saying he WANTS to be the man).

In any case, I can't wait for this whole charade to be over with and for Football season to finally start up because at least when that starts up, I don't have to turn on the Radio/TV and have the first thing be "Guess who (insert random name)said where Lebron and/or Bosh might end up at???".
Old 06-23-2010, 10:52 PM   #1158
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:

I've tried to find stuff on Google reguarding both of those statements and didn't find anything on either(Bosh HIMSELF saying he WANTS to play with Lebron or saying he WANTS to be the man).

In any case, I can't wait for this whole charade to be over with and for Football season to finally start up because at least when that starts up, I don't have to turn on the Radio/TV and have the first thing be "Guess who (insert random name)said where Lebron and/or Bosh might end up at???".
I heard Bosh talk about wanting to play with the Team USAers in radio interviews. It wasn't in print, so I don't think the google search will turn up anything.

Here is the quote on not waiting for Lebron:

Quote:
Bosh won’t wait on LeBron
by JASON LLOYD on JUNE 18, 2010 - 4:36 PM
in UNCATEGORIZED
Chris Bosh told SNY television in New York he will consider playing in New York, but he’s not going to wait on LeBron James to decide first.

“Anytime you have the opportunity to play with certain guys, you have to take that into consideration. When it all goes down, he’s gonna be one of the all-time greats,” Bosh said of James. “At the same time, I can’t just sit around and wait. I have to be proactive with my choices and what’s gonna make me happy. I have to make sure I take my time and make the right decision.”
In context, if you hear the interview, he's clearly saying he'd love to play with Lebron and wants to do that, but anticipates Lebron will take his time, so Chris will pick his city first and see what shakes out. Also, before Stern and Wade's agents squashed all of the talk about the "secret meeting", Bosh and Wade indicated that they were going to talk, figure out which way everyone was leaning, and then make decisions based on that.

That having been said, I don't think the meeting was squashed at all. I think the NBA just told them to shut up about it because it's a slippery slope to tampering. IMO, they'll have a meeting, nothing will be written in stone, but they'll all know where each other is definitely NOT going. They'll also probably exchange information about what the teams have told them personally, to distinguish the BS from the real deal.

Last edited by Bornindamecca; 06-23-2010 at 10:58 PM.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:09 PM   #1159
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:

The sad part is they continually add this William Wesley into the debate. Saying things like, "If you don't have a relationship with William Wesley, then you aren't getting LeBron." Please, this guy was an "insider" that no one outside of the NBA "circle" had heard of before this season. Now, we're supposed to believe that this guy has so much "pull" that he will influence the decision of LeBron, Dwyane, Chris and the rest of the elite free-agent class?

The ironic part, William Wesley himself says that he wants no part in LeBron or any other individuals decision.

(Side-note: Why isn't "I don't give a ****" a choice in the poll?)

Funny comment from youtube (from ESPN video) about Wes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamShado
He's from Camden NJ. He worked at a shoe store when he was 16 and he made friends with basketball players that went in to his store. He ended up following two of high school basketball players he met in the store to Louisville. Those players ended up turning pro and he followed them there also. That is how he ended up meeting Jordan.

In the music world you call people like Wes "groupies". They seek fame and attach themselves to it.

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member
Old 06-24-2010, 12:45 AM   #1160
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

Wes definitley has Lebron's ear but the reality is that the guy can bedazzle poor kids/families with impromptu calls to Jigga and Beyonce, but he doesn't seem to have anything but peripheral influence in the league. His big key is that he's part of Lebron's little court of chumps pretending to be Big Willies, and the real powerbrokers humor them because they know Bron trusts them.

Bottom line, the last three kids Wes herded through Coach Cal and expected to build an empire with all said no thanks when decision time came. Couldn't even influence John Wall to go with Nike, whom CAA/Horseman camp have close ties to. If Wes can't influence college kids that he's coddled since AAU, he sure isn't going to have a major say in where a dominant brand like Bron goes.

I think CP3 will be a gamechanger. If I were CLE I would get another team involved and take on both Okafor AND Peja's contracts to get that guy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »