Home

The LeBron James Thread

This is a discussion on The LeBron James Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Team?
Cleveland 82 20.81%
Chicago 86 21.83%
New York 71 18.02%
New Jersey 32 8.12%
Los Angeles Clippers 11 2.79%
Oklahoma City 7 1.78%
Miami 82 20.81%
Other 23 5.84%
Voters: 394. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-18-2013, 03:36 PM   #11953
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: The LeBron James Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan
I still look back at his years in Cleveland and shake my head. Those years were the most impressive years I've ever seen from an individual player since Jordan. I only think Shaq was more imposing of a force than James' time spent in Cleveland, in recent history.

The years James has had in Miami are still other worldly but I have not been as impressed from an individual standpoint than his earlier years.

To characterize this season as dominant is a good discussion. Personally he is the MVP right now but I don't know that I'd say he's been dominant. He's spoiled us all so that might have an effect on my view.
The fact that (imo) there is no question who should be the MVP makes it a dominating season (again, imo). If you guys don't think it is, I'd be curious to know what criteria needs to be met to be considered "dominating". And again, keep in mind, we're talking about up to this point. So saying he has to win it all wouldn't make sense.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:37 PM   #11954
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

When I think of dominant I guess I just think of Jordan or Shaq and to a lesser extent, Duncan. Those two guys dominated. I can't describe it exactly in words, but I know when I see it. I don't think MVP and dominant are synonymous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Jason Kidd, ex?
As far as individual play in recent history? I have to give it to James because he is/was sort of like a larger version of Kidd haha.

If he were to retire today he'd be either the best or second best SF to ever play the game and he'd be a lock for the Hall. So I think his legacy is already impressive and anything he adds to it is icing on the cake.

So I don't see how you could say he isn't already one of the best to ever play. If anything he is a lock for the Hall, which means he's one of the best to do it.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:42 PM   #11955
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Apparently heartless Dwight Howard is already a lock to the hall of fame so Lebron who's ten times a better player than him obviously is too.

But to be one of the greatest like just below Jordan you'd have to win some rings. That's what the greatest players do. They go to the finals and win rings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2013, 03:47 PM   #11956
Hall Of Fame

SteelersFreak's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TajDeni
kash miss me with the kobe talk, your the same person who said you hated te lakers since '96. what you hate kobe in highschool? maybe your hatred goes back to the fact he took brandy to the prom. in other words, how the hell you been hating on kobe since '96.

--------------

all i deal in is how many rings a player does have not how many he may or may not get. nowhere did i say anything about what lebron wasnt capable of doing in his future.

---------------------
Steve Kerr = Kobe Bryant

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST FOLKS
NHL: Dallas Stars
NCAA: Alabama Crimson Tide

University of North Texas '14
GO MEAN GREEN!
Old 02-18-2013, 03:48 PM   #11957
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan
When I think of dominant I guess I just think of Jordan or Shaq and to a lesser extent, Duncan. Those two guys dominated. I can't describe it exactly in words, but I know when I see it. I don't think MVP and dominant are synonymous.

As far as individual play in recent history? I have to give it to James because he is/was sort of like a larger version of Kidd haha.

If he were to retire today he'd be either the best or second best SF to ever play the game and he'd be a lock for the Hall. So I think his legacy is already impressive and anything he adds to it is icing on the cake.

So I don't see how you could say he isn't already one of the best to ever play. If anything he is a lock for the Hall, which means he's one of the best to do it.
Over the course of a career... even a season, that makes sense. If we're talking about halfway through a season, what he's doing measures up to periods that any of them had.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:03 PM   #11958
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
So are you saying he's dominated in EVERY NBA season or are you just saying he's dominated in this season?
Well not every, but for the past few years now. He's able to separate himself from the next best players in the league by comfortable margins.

I don't think any player has done that since Jordan. And even before Jordan maybe Kareem for a stretch.

You go back to the 60's it was always Russel, Chamberlain, Oscar, some would even say West or Baylor.. There wasn't really a clear cut #1 guy.

Then you had a stretch where Kareem was sorta separated himself in my opinion in the 70s.

Then you had Magic, Bird, still Kareem, some people would put Dr. J and Moses up there, and even Jordan in the late 80's.. Again there wasn't really that obvious top dog.

Then you had Jordan.

Then Kobe, Duncan, Shaq, at times even Iverson, KG, T-Mac.. Another stretch of years where there was no clear top dog.

And now LeBron for the past few years.

The way he is separating himself is remarkable. It's something you only see every 20ish years or so.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:14 PM   #11959
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

I wouldn't exactly say he's "dominated" for the last few years but that's just picking apart words right there, lol.

He has been balling his *** off, I'll give him that though
Old 02-18-2013, 04:20 PM   #11960
Hall Of Fame

Kashanova's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Um she's from the great era of 90s RnB Music. She was one of the hottest singers during that time.

Come on Kash, I thought you were hip on your 90s stuff my man.
I am... Unfortunately Brandy failed to make the list.... I'm not big in to RnB anyways, only the big artists like R Kelly, Boyz2men, Whitney and Janet

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »