Home

The LeBron James Thread

This is a discussion on The LeBron James Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Team?
Cleveland 82 20.81%
Chicago 86 21.83%
New York 71 18.02%
New Jersey 32 8.12%
Los Angeles Clippers 11 2.79%
Oklahoma City 7 1.78%
Miami 82 20.81%
Other 23 5.84%
Voters: 394. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-05-2013, 02:07 AM   #12113
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
That's what I been saying 23. It's too old. This thread just keeps repeating itself.

The only thing I've learned from this thread is that people will kick you when your down or up.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by jeebs9; 05-05-2013 at 02:10 AM.
Old 05-05-2013, 02:13 AM   #12114
MVP

RedSceptile's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: The LeBron James Thread

I won't lie if LeBron (or any player for that matter) carves a legend/legacy greater than Michael Jordan it'll be pretty soon. Like I know it's going to happen just don't know when.
Old 05-05-2013, 02:26 AM   #12115
MVP

TajDeni's Arena

OVR: 10

back from the watching the fight,

like i said previously, i have absolutely no agenda against lebron. this is what happens. i click on a thread, if i havent been in it in a while i click maybe 5-10 pages back to see what has been said in the thread lately.

its is alot of you guys who wont let lebrons career play out. its is some of you guys always saying that lebron is already in this guys class or that guys class. or lebron is already better than this player or that player.

my entire premise about lebron from the jump has been let lebron earn his stripes. has it not?

but no some of you guys are the one who are always starting these lebron comparisons, indirectly by the statements some of yall make.

i have zero problem with letting lebrons career unfold, how about some of you guys take your own advice and let his career unfold.

but thats the problem guys dont follow there own advice about letting lebrons career unfold.

so in the end all i was really doing was asking for some clarifications on the exact criteria that was being used to make certain statements. cause it seems to me atleast folks wanna switch the criteria up alil bit in bron bron case.

but im confused now because i thought you guys didnt want to have this convo about lebron. cause if you want to im game. or should we all just go about letting things unfold themselves? cause im all for that as well.

dont click if you dont wanna know the results of the fight
Spoiler

Hidden Within the Depths of Silence and Solitude, Awaits the Realest Dude...
-- TajDeni

Last edited by TajDeni; 05-05-2013 at 02:29 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2013, 02:43 AM   #12116
Best in the World

BDKiiing's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCity
That Bill Russell excuse has been used time and time again. It's just a fact that covers up the reason why LeBron couldn't bring Cleveland a championship without switching teams. Who cares about his MVPs so what I want to see not 1 not 2 not 3 etc...... Until then he shouldnt come up in a conversation about winning multiple titles , next to the great Bill Russell or Micheal Jordan. He's a great player yeah the world knows that, but I want to see 3 years from now where will he be.
It's not an excuse by any means. People say Mike is so much better than LeBron because he has the 5 rings, well then Bill Russell is twice as good as Mike. End of story.

Old 05-05-2013, 02:50 AM   #12117
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
That's what I been saying 23. It's too old. This thread just keeps repeating itself.

The only thing I've learned from this thread is that people will kick you when your down or up.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

....but again, this thread exists because everything you see repeated would be one thread after another if it wasnt here

Catch 22
Old 05-05-2013, 03:24 AM   #12118
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

You know what, I used to wonder if LeBron could be better than MJ...now, I really don't care. You can argue all day long if he is/isn't/will be/won't be, but the fact is he's amazing to watch and I'm enjoying watching him play almost as much as I did MJ. I'm glad I get to see him play...and in 15 years a bunch of dudes are going to be on a message board wondering if some 22 year old will ever be better than LeBron.
Old 05-05-2013, 05:26 AM   #12119
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TajDeni
alot of you guys who wont let lebrons career play out. its is some of you guys always saying that lebron is already in this guys class or that guys class. or lebron is already better than this player or that player.

my entire premise about lebron from the jump has been let lebron earn his stripes. has it not?

but no some of you guys are the one who are always starting these lebron comparisons, indirectly by the statements some of yall make.

i have zero problem with letting lebrons career unfold, how about some of you guys take your own advice and let his career unfold.

but thats the problem guys dont follow there own advice about letting lebrons career unfold.

so in the end all i was really doing was asking for some clarifications on the exact criteria that was being used to make certain statements. cause it seems to me atleast folks wanna switch the criteria up alil bit in bron bron case.
]
I am letting his career unfold..I didn't even put him in my top 10 all time list in the other threads for that very reason..

My criteria for every player is the same..
With that said, I can clearly see, from what LeBron has already done, which players he is better than. I don't need to see him "earn his stripes" to say he's a better player than Robert Horry ever was.. I don't need to see him win 5 rings for me to say that I think prime LeBron is a better player than a prime Kobe..

I'm not basing my judgment on hall of fame like criteria.. If you would have asked me in 1991 who the greatest player of all time was I would have said Michael Jordan.. Even though he only had 1 ring.

What exactly do I need to see play out in his career for me evaluate? He's already been the best basketball player I've witnessed since Jordan retired.. All he's going to do from this point on is add to his resume..

He's an NBA champion, a 4 time MVP, a 1 time finals MVP, a 2 time All Star game MVP, rookie of the year winner, 9 time all star, 1 time scoring champ, he's made 8 All-NBA teams, 4 All Defensive teams (about to be 9&5), he will have twice as many MVPs as Jordan did at 28, he has as many as Kobe, Shaq, Iverson, and Dirk combined, this will be the 6th year in a row he's led the league in PER. He's a 2 time gold medalist and the only team USA player to ever record a triple double.

And he's arguably just hitting his prime.. What more do you need to see? He's accomplished more that what most people accomplish their entire career. How is than NOT enough for us to put him in a category with the all time greats?? You think he needs more "stripes" most of us think he's already a zebra.

Just for good measure..
Have you watched him just this season alone?? - he's the only player to EVER average at least 26,8,7 and shoot 55%, the only player to EVER go on a 6 game streak of 30ppg on 60% shooting, the only player to EVER average at least 25pts and 7assists while shooting better than 40% from three. He became the youngest player to ever score 20,000 points, and one of only 13 players to record 20,000 points and 5,000 assists. He leads his team in points, rebounds, assists, and FG%. He was 4th in scoring this year, 10th in assists (highest non PG), 21st in rebounds (top SF), 5th in FG% (highest non center), league leader in PER, 12th in steals..

He just came off an amazing year last year, an insanely good playoff run, and became only the second player to win league MVP, finals MVP, and a gold medal in the same year.

And you don't think he's done ENOUGH to be put in the same category as the other greats? He's already went above and beyond what half the players on the 50greatest list accomplished in their entire careers!!

Last edited by ojandpizza; 05-05-2013 at 05:50 AM.
Old 05-05-2013, 05:36 AM   #12120
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

This is coming from a huge LeBron James fan (who also never seen Michael Jordan play): LeBron James is never surpassing Michael Jordan.

I'm sorry, but it's just not happening. Maybe in some statistical categories he will, or maybe in number of championship rings he will, but he's never surpassing the impact Michael Jordan had.

I don't exactly know how to properly put this into words, but just think of how everything about Jordan is basically immortalized. The shoes, the number, the dunks, the jumper, the fadeaway, the buzzer beaters, the storybook performances, etc.

Chances are he'll be statistically greater, but LeBron is never going to be that. And in the meantime, it'd be nice if we could sit back and watch this unfold rather than try to rush to conclusions on the guy's career.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »