Home

Lebron James: Overrated?

This is a discussion on Lebron James: Overrated? within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 10:33 PM   #9
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Lebron James: Overrated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oklahoma19
My Opinion now:

he quit in the final game against Boston.. his whole team did.. and if i was a Cavs fan Id be embarrased of what that was on the court.. lack of heart.. lack of toughness... lack of pride.. lack of being a man basically..

thats my opinion...
Quote:
Originally Posted by oklahoma19
still doesnt answer his quitting against Boston this year.. NOT A COMPETITOR...
maybe this will wake him up like losing the State championship his Jr year of high school...
Seriously dude? Okay let's run with that thinking. Kobe Bean, Game 7, Phoenix Suns, NBA Playoffs opening round.

LeBron James quit games - 1
Kobe Bryant quit games - 1

Time to switch up your argument.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:37 PM   #10
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Oh goodie, another soon-to-be Kobe-Lebron comparison thread that'll probably last about 10 pages before being eventually locked.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:43 PM   #11
MVP

Taur3asi3's Arena

OVR: 17

What happened to this board after the Finals ended? It's getting to be sub-InsideHoops level bad with these ridiculous threads now.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:43 PM   #12
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

In the same way that new posters have a 200 post probationary period where they will be insta-banned if they get an infraction, there needs to be that same probationary period for making new threads.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:46 PM   #13
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
Lebron isn't overrated in one sense. With so much hype around him, it's easy to find hyperbole that doesn't stick, but by the time he was eliminated from the playoffs and Kobe had his knee drained, people had jumped ship and started calling Kobe the best player in the game.

Whether or not that's true, it indicates that Lebron is not the consensus best player in the game. Since he is at least the 2nd best player in the game by any measure, he's not overrated.

That having been said, there is one aspect of his game that is misinterpreted, if not overrated. The prevailing thought is that he makes his teammates better. This isn't true. Maybe one day he will, but right now I don't think there is a single player on his roster that is a better player than they were before they put on the same uniform as Lebron James. Lebron is a great passer. Being a great passer doesn't automatically make your teammates better. Regularly putting guys in the best position to use their specific skills is what makes them better, along with the mental aspect of demanding greatness or setting an example that weaker minded or passive players will follow.

If you look at the production of his teammates, not only do their numbers either equal or fall short of what they've done in the past, but their on-court performance tends to be marginalized, because Lebron has to start his offense so early in the shot clock. People don't get touches or the chance to initiate, and so they have less responsibility(as opposed to specific responsibility). In any situation, less responsibility lessens accountability, potential and initiative.

Lebron will probably learn to occasionally hand the keys over to his teammates to empower them, rather than taking the mentality of spoon feeding them. Many guys don't flourish on a steady diet of spoon feeding, and thusly don't have the faculties to "step up" when the stakes are raised(playoffs).
You put it perfectly, Born. But, I've gotta say that regardless of whether LeBron has won a championship or not, which he obviously hasn't, he's unquestionably the most talented player in the NBA today. He's won his two MVP trophies because he has carried his team to the best record in the league on two consecutive occasions. Many in the media and amongst fans would disagree, but I believe he is the best individual player in the entire NBA. His combination of skill, size and athleticism is unmatched by anyone.

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member
Old 06-23-2010, 10:56 PM   #14
Rookie

oklahoma19's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
For every ignorant post like this, there's something to just prove you completely wrong.

I'll see your Boston series and raise you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3drbh3cQM5Q
And? Yeah I watched that game live on tv.. whats the point? Youre only as good as your most recent showing... and if I remember right he didnt win the Finals that year either.. soo..

Plus i dont know how you can say he didnt quit.. he knew this was his contract year.. and the last 2 minutes or so of that boston game were RIDICULOUS.. it was sad to watch. When Im sitting there thinking.. umm why arent they playing.. then somethings wrong..

Just because he can take a game over doesnt mean hes a competitor enough to win in the Finals.. or get there consistently like all the greats... so thanks for the ignorant comment.. real mature of you friend..

Last edited by oklahoma19; 06-23-2010 at 11:03 PM.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:02 PM   #15
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

Can we get this locked up now? This is only gonna get worse from here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2010, 11:02 PM   #16
Rookie

oklahoma19's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Seriously dude? Okay let's run with that thinking. Kobe Bean, Game 7, Phoenix Suns, NBA Playoffs opening round.

LeBron James quit games - 1
Kobe Bryant quit games - 1

Time to switch up your argument.
hey bud.. why dont you read my actual post.. the Kobe Game 7 made my point for me.. Kobe didnt quit he passed to his teammates.. proving the fact that his only desire is to prove hes great.. even if he loses because he didnt shoot.. and who turned this into a kobe vs leborn argument? that wasnt even what i was getting at.. so i cant switch up my argument when thats not the topic i was on.. get on the same page friend..
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »