Home

SMH at the Lebon Logic. Win baby Win-Al Davis

This is a discussion on SMH at the Lebon Logic. Win baby Win-Al Davis within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 12:27 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Exclamation SMH at the Lebon Logic. Win baby Win-Al Davis

SO I have waited, and read, and sat back, and watched, and listened to, but now I am just plain tired. And before guys start getting angry and spewing craziness, all I ask is that if you disagree please have a valid argument to back it up. Not oh Lebron is so arrogant and such a baby. Cause he charter is not the topic of this thread.

First off a lot of people are knocking Lebron for not staying in Cleveland, well let me ask you this looking at the current Eastern Conference landscape did Lebrons chance of winning a ring in Cleveland get better or worse. Miami added a very serviceable piece in Chris Bosh instantly pushing them into Eastern conference contender status even without LBJ. Orlando maintained there dominate status only lossing M Barnes to free agency, this the same team that dismantled the Cavs a year prior. The Celtic maintained there core team even hypothetically with out the addition of Shaq there squad was still better then what the Cavs were offering. You also had teams making leaps forward like the now scrappy knicks who bolstered their rosters with the addition of Amare and Ramond Felton. And lets not forget about the Bulls who looked very up to the task last year adding Carlos Boozer and losing almost nothing in return. So people lets not act like all Lebron had to do was put on the jersey, tough it out for a few years and magically a ton of rings would show up at his doorstep. Cleveland was not the destination for Lebron to return.

With that being said lets tackle the issue of Miami. I am a 29 yr old man and I work for a rather large corporation and I have for a couple of years. I have made some really good friends there, and have some pretty decent Unit Managers. Now if some of my college friends that I have know for years, worked for a competitor and were two the top ten guys in the business. And they asked me to come work with them and I knew that my potential for success would be multiplied exponentially. I would jump at the chance. Lets not forget that these are his friends, not his enemies or just some guys he competes against. The ultimate goal in his sport is to win and be successful, this was by far the best way to accomplish the those two goals. What other goals would have been accomplished easier in Cleveland. And before you say winning a ring in his hometown, that slim chance was discussed earlier. We look at this situation with our emotions while we expect him not to act with his. Outside of the jerseys I am okay with it.

Lastly as far as whose team is it, lets examine the Lakers with Kareem, he joined the team in 1975 while Magic joined 4 years later. When the smoke cleared there was know questions as to whose team the was, yes Magic was drafted there but he still became a part of the team years after there best player had established himself. Of course only time will tell whose team it will be, but if history stands true, the best player will become the focal point of the team, so I am definitely not worried.

Again these are just a few things to consider before labeling Lebron Public enemy number one, and proclaiming that he committed an unforgivable sin, which would surely lead to his eternal damnation. We often times let or emotions cloud reality. I have been guilty of it many times myself, but this time I wanted to take a look at it from a logical perspective.

P.S. I was not the biggest fan of how the choice was released to the world, but after the comments of his owner, (Who I too would have been a little butt hurt knowing that my teams earning potential was just cut in half possible losing over a hundred million in the up and coming season) I will call it a wash.
Old 09-13-2010, 12:29 AM   #2
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: SMH at the Lebon Logic. Win baby Win-Al Davis

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ames-saga.html

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 09-13-2010, 12:30 AM   #3
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65