Home

Allen Iverson : After the NBA

This is a discussion on Allen Iverson : After the NBA within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-21-2010, 08:23 PM   #81
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: A.I. signs with Besiktas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
They don't just hit a wall. That's an oversimplification. Most All Stars that are healthy have the combination of physical and mental tools between the ages of 30 and 33. Many championship teams' key players are near or past thirty. The guys who rely solely on athleticism fade fast, but skilled, smart players tend to be quality for a longer time.
But the point of me saying they hit the wall is because they are much more likely to get hurt. Garnett, Bird, Mchale, Magic, Hill, McGrady, Shaq, Francis, Pistol Pete, Duncan, Manu, Iverson.....age = missing more games.

Health is the point. It is the only thing stopping the Celtics v. Lakers rematch. It has been this way for years.

The players that are still in the league in their 30's obviously have great skill since most players don't make it to age 30. Then players who used to be stars become role players in their 30's.

I think people forget about all the players that don't make it to their prime in this league.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2010, 08:33 PM   #82
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewie12
But the point of me saying they hit the wall is because they are much more likely to get hurt. Garnett, Bird, Mchale, Magic, Hill, McGrady, Shaq, Francis, Pistol Pete, Duncan, Manu, Iverson.....age = missing more games.

Health is the point. It is the only thing stopping the Celtics v. Lakers rematch. It has been this way for years.

The players that are still in the league in their 30's obviously have great skill since most players don't make it to age 30. Then players who used to be stars become role players in their 30's.

I think people forget about all the players that don't make it to their prime in this league.
You think people forget a lot, and know a lot less history than you do. Then again, you also think Harden is more talented than Westbrook and Durant, and gets to the rim better than Durant. Hm.

But this debate is silly. Point still stands: most All Stars don't fall off at 30.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:37 PM   #83
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
You think people forget a lot, and know a lot less history than you do. Then again, you also think Harden is more talented than Westbrook and Durant, and gets to the rim better than Durant. Hm.

But this debate is silly. Point still stands: most All Stars don't fall off at 30.
My point is most players don't make it to 30. Most all stars do fall off in production. I gave you numerous examples of players.

I think everyone forgets that the vast majority of players don't make it to 30. I think a lot of people don't realize that Jordan, Bird, Duncan, Kobe changed their games into their 30's.

No. I think Harden is overall a more complete player than those two. Defensive, passing, off the ball, team player.....which will matter later in their careers. The same reason Grant Hill is playing in the NBA and AI is playing in Turkey.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:40 PM   #84
Rookie

OVR: 1

You could tell from the very beginning that when A.I lost his speed, his game would take a major hit. His entire game was based on being faster than anyone else. He has not made the necessary changes to either his game or his mentality, as he still thinks he's 25 years old, to compete in the league. The reality is, Jordan and Kobe remained spectacular dominant forces in their 30's because they had the drive to adapt to their loss of athleticism, by refining and redefining their games. Hell, 40 year old Jordan was still an all-star caliber player, so that just shows you the level of skill and IQ he had.

Iverson, by comparison, is far too small to make the kind of adjustments that MJ/Kobe did. Primarily, their ability to make themselves a postup threat was a compensation for their declining ability to slash and dunk over everyone. Iverson at 5'11, is certainly too small to operate from the post, and no longer has the quickness he once had to separate himself from the defender for his jumpshot.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:21 AM   #85
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Were there any highlights from his first game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2010, 12:14 PM   #86
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Were there any highlights from his first game?
you mean his FIRST game? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTWeWvCuerY

I think he will be good as soon as he gets into some practice routine

in one of the interviews he said he made millions in Nba, so he can take care of his family etc. etc. I think he has a lot of money..he earned a lot from salaries and from Reebok..definitely couldn't have spent that much

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGkxF...eature=related

Last edited by Muzyk23; 11-22-2010 at 12:35 PM.
Old 11-22-2010, 12:23 PM   #87
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Thanks!... I was wondering why no one had not posted anything.

Maybe I should change the thread name to the "Allen Iverson Saga" lol
Old 11-22-2010, 04:18 PM   #88
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Thanks!... I was wondering why no one had not posted anything.

Maybe I should change the thread name to the "Allen Iverson Saga" lol
How do you change thread titles anyway?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »