Home

Derrick Rose

This is a discussion on Derrick Rose within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-14-2011, 09:39 AM   #9
b**-r*y

tehova's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Derek Rose

Yea he's like a throwback superstar from the 80s-90s

Spoiler
Old 12-14-2011, 10:42 AM   #10
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by st0rmb11
he's only been in the league for 3 years..as if his GM would have cared what he demanded, anyway. I have no problem with guys doing what they're doing - especially if their franchises are making no attempt to get better.

Chris Paul has been carrying New Orleans for years now. Chris Bosh carried Toronto for several years. LeBron carried Cleveland for what? 7, 8 years? Carmelo wasn't getting any help in Denver. Dwight Howard's GM blew up his team that went to the Finals.

If any of these guys' owners or GM's had made a real attempt to get better, then yeah, you can complain about these guys wanting to join other stars. But, when they suffer through years of mediocre teammates and no sign of a change, I have no issue with it.
I think we're getting a little out of hand with this hindsight stuff. Making no attempt to get better? A real attempt to get better? That's flat out bull**** and it's not fair to those GMs just to justify guys acting like the biggest collection of bitches professional sports has seen in some time. Cleveland surrounded LeBron with pieces that complimented his game perfectly and as we saw this year, no matter how much ****ing help that dude gets, the second there's the slightest bit of resistance put in front of him he packs it in and starts digging in his excuse bag. Dwight went to the damn Finals with a pretty damn good team and if Jameer hadn't gotten hurt and Stan Van decided to force him back into the rotation after they'd been rolling without him in the lineup they might have been able to actually beat the Lakers. If Dwight had've done more to round out his game sooner than the last year or so like he did, maybe things would've been different. Chris Paul is another one that's had some really solid teams in his time in NO. He's had guys injured alot too. Don't know how we blame a GM for that. Bosh is the only one that I can really think of that's never really had a team worth a damn around him in his entire career in Toronto.

Bottomline, saying the GMs have made no attempt to help these guys is completely inaccurate. A lot of those moves yeah you can look at it in hindsight and say they did nothing because it didn't work out, but at the time of them happening they were definitely big moves. If you sign a guy or trade for a guy and he decides to leave his game on a bus seat somewhere can't really jump down your throat from it. Especially with these guys not giving any signs what they're intentions are at the end of their contracts and forcing GMs to rush to make moves that are extremely high risk.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:33 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 9

Damn I couldnt have said it better myself man. Everything u said is true. Like u said The Magic and the hornets are both contenders. Nothing else I need to say, u said it all, lol

Buut I am gonna laugh when the nuggets become better than they were with melo, and many experts say they are. Just not until they get thier overseas players back! Then with addition of the two young rookies, the trade they will become better. The cavs, well poor cavs.

The other problem is these small market teams will never attract a superstar when they all want to goto big market teams. That's the problem with the NBA , the small market teams hav to rely on the draft. Meanwhile, the big market teams just need Free agency.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2011, 01:31 PM   #12
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Someone save this thread for when (god forbid) Rose is ringless at the end of his current contract, and doesn't sign his extension..

Bet he's a ******* who never loved the game then.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:37 PM   #13
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Someone save this thread for when (god forbid) Rose is ringless at the end of his current contract, and doesn't sign his extension..

Bet he's a ******* who never loved the game then.
If he does it the way it's been getting done, then yep.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:43 PM   #14
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I can tell you it will....

Derricks not going to give an immediate answer, sports outlets will obsess over it, you will hear a lot from "sources close to Derrick" about what he wants....
Old 12-14-2011, 01:44 PM   #15
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

There's 2 sides to this(mainly based off my OS Observations):

On one side, you got the people that like the humble Athletes aka those who say very little publically or your non-Melos, CP3s, Lebron(just using them as examples)but prefer the Durant, Rose types.

On the other side, you got the people who don't like the humble Athletes getting praised all the time.

Do I have this right or am I missing something?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2011, 01:53 PM   #16
Sitting by the door

Dice's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
There's 2 sides to this(mainly based off my OS Observations):

On one side, you got the people that like the humble Athletes aka those who say very little publically or your non-Melos, CP3s, Lebron(just using them as examples)but prefer the Durant, Rose types.

On the other side, you got the people who don't like the humble Athletes getting praised all the time.

Do I have this right or am I missing something?
That other side of why people don't like the humble athletes getting praised is because there is a misnomer of those type of athletes being 'non-aggressive'. Those athletes don't seem to have a fire lit under them, whereas in the case of Rose, that's far from the truth. Same with Durrant and others with this label.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »