Home

Can Melo Get His Ring Next?

This is a discussion on Can Melo Get His Ring Next? within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-28-2012, 09:59 AM   #25
MVP

RedSceptile's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Can Melo Get His Ring Next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
I feel this year we will see a different Melo. I saw something different in him towards the end of the season, and I feel he will do the things needed to make the Knicks a better team. He made some great passes and guys just missed. We will see the transformation from Anthony.

I know the Heat won the championship , but I dont think they will be as dominate as many feel. That is my gut feeling. I dont get the same vide with them as I did with MJ and the Bulls.

I feel the Heat played great, but also benefited playing a young team that truly was not ready for that stage.

Anyways I know I'm in the minority here, but I have been here before. I will stick to my Guns and say Anthony can get his ring, and do it as a Knick, and also be the reason why we won.
I've got some prime farming land in Antarctica if you're interested too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2012, 10:07 AM   #26
Next Miami Great

iAM-IncReDiBLe-'s Arena

OVR: 34
This picture is obviously old seeing as LeBron just won a ring but

I feel Carmelo is a loser an will never win a championship in the NBA. He has to change his selfish ways an give consistent effort on both sides of the ball. Hes suppose to be the leader of his team yet he never sets a good example for his teammates.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:40 AM   #27
Hall Of Fame

SteelersFreak's Arena

OVR: 19

I think you guys overstate Carmelo's defensive woes. I think he does try to play defense, he's just not a good defender. All you can ask of the guy is to play hard and work his *** off in the offseason. Which he does.
NHL: Dallas Stars
NCAA: Alabama Crimson Tide

University of North Texas '14
GO MEAN GREEN!
Old 06-28-2012, 10:43 AM   #28
Don't Kill My Vibe

Paul Pierce_OS's Arena

OVR: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersFreak
I think you guys overstate Carmelo's defensive woes. I think he does try to play defense, he's just not a good defender. All you can ask of the guy is to play hard and work his *** off in the offseason. Which he does.
I think he proved this when he was playing the 4 when stat was out. I think he should be playing power forward because he is a better post defender then an on ball defender.

To answer the OP,I think he can as long as the Knicks can add another piece and they finally stay healthy. I think Woodson did a good job in holding players accountable and making his players play defense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Twitter: @__JonathanLucas
Old 06-28-2012, 12:20 PM   #29
All Star

rdnk's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
We all know that out of the top 5 players in the draft that possessed Lebron, Wade, Melo, and Bosh. Melo is the only one without a ring.
It's true, even Darko has a ring.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:43 PM   #30
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAM-IncReDiBLe-
This picture is obviously old seeing as LeBron just won a ring but

I feel Carmelo is a loser an will never win a championship in the NBA. He has to change his selfish ways an give consistent effort on both sides of the ball. Hes suppose to be the leader of his team yet he never sets a good example for his teammates.
Prior to the last few weeks of the season. I felt the exact same way as you do. I told many around me that Melo does absolutely nothing to better his teammates.

Then when it was just him and no Amare or Lin. I saw a change. I saw him starting to get it. I saw him realizing how he can play to make his team better.

He has heard and read a lot of the criticism, and wants to change that. We will find out pretty soon. You will see a different Melo this year.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:37 PM   #31
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by chance
Are you saying he's not selfish?

Urban Meyer is lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2012, 04:03 PM   #32
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersFreak
I say this all the time, there is a difference between the two. I don't watch Melo and see someone not attempting to play defense....he's just bad at it lol....I also wouldn't categorize him as selfish....the simple fact is that his inability to play of ball is a wart on his game....I think Melo had grown a ton since he got in the league honestly...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »