Home

12/31 - 1/6 Game Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on 12/31 - 1/6 Game Discussion Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-02-2013, 04:17 PM   #113
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: 12/31 - 1/6 Game Discussion Thread

Al Horford is playing out of his mind.. Teague has developed nicely and Smith is still producing his usual statline.

Other than that I haven't seen anything from them that I should be excited about. The only thing I can say is that the East is wide open outside of Miami, so anything can happen in a sense. It's really a crap shoot out there.

What exactly should people be saying about them that they aren't already?
Old 01-02-2013, 04:25 PM   #114
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Actually ESPN had the Hawks 3rd in their projections this year, and everyone was emailing them thinking it was a misprint...so they did get some love, even from big bad ESPN.

I don't really understand the definition of "no one is talking about them" They are absolutely not going to be the opening segment on any show, but I've heard a good bit of analysts give them their due...
Old 01-02-2013, 04:25 PM   #115
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
No idea i think sf point Is he's noticing its not so much about basketball as it is them pushing who they want to

That's nothing new though

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2013, 04:31 PM   #116
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

Regardless of what steelersfreak meant, I just ask what he would like people to say. Does anyone think they are a team to be reckoned with? I don't think so. Does anyone think they are a team people should be on the look out for? I don't think so. OK so what do you want people to say about them exactly.

They have an All-Star caliber front court [we already knew that] and a decent point guard and a hot 3 point shooter. That's all great but what else is there to say. I don't think they scare anyone at all or pique anyone's interest. If they did, people would be talking about them more. Simple stuff.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:49 PM   #117
Hall Of Fame

SteelersFreak's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan
Regardless of what steelersfreak meant, I just ask what he would like people to say. Does anyone think they are a team to be reckoned with? I don't think so. Does anyone think they are a team people should be on the look out for? I don't think so. OK so what do you want people to say about them exactly.

They have an All-Star caliber front court [we already knew that] and a decent point guard and a hot 3 point shooter. That's all great but what else is there to say. I don't think they scare anyone at all or pique anyone's interest. If they did, people would be talking about them more. Simple stuff.
All I'm saying is they're for sure a hell of a lot better than some teams that get talked about constantly (Lakers, Nets, Bulls, hell even the Mavericks) and compared to that I never see anything about them on ESPN, they're NEVER on TV, they're just not in the conversation is all I'm saying. I don't get NBATV so maybe those guys talk about them but I haven't heard much from the ESPN or TNT guys.
NHL: Dallas Stars
NCAA: Alabama Crimson Tide

University of North Texas '14
GO MEAN GREEN!
Old 01-02-2013, 04:50 PM   #118
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Actually ESPN had the Hawks 3rd in their projections this year, and everyone was emailing them thinking it was a misprint...so they did get some love, even from big bad ESPN.

I don't really understand the definition of "no one is talking about them" They are absolutely not going to be the opening segment on any show, but I've heard a good bit of analysts give them their due...
I don't know what SF means by it, but when I used it in talking about the Grizzlies a few weeks back, I meant it in terms of TV analysts and guys in bball forums and that I talk to on a regular basis throughout the course of my day. When the topic comes up, who do you think is going to win the Finals or even be in the Finals. Memphis, nor the Clippers' names were brought up in the discussion by these people. The answers I've heard then and continue to hear is people talking about the WCFs coming down to the Lakers and Thunder and out East being Miami and a rock because everybody says nobody can beat Miami now that they've won a ring.

Of course talking about the two seconds of pub they get on the sports shows and highlight reels is also to be included. While that is nothing new as 23 says, it's still sad and frankly ridiculous that some teams are teams that can do some legit damage come playoff time, but nobody is talking about them at all. That being said, I don't think Atlanta is one of those teams, so I haven't talked about them at all.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:53 PM   #119
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersFreak
All I'm saying is they're for sure a hell of a lot better than some teams that get talked about constantly (Lakers, Nets, Bulls, hell even the Mavericks) and compared to that I never see anything about them on ESPN, they're NEVER on TV, they're just not in the conversation is all I'm saying. I don't get NBATV so maybe those guys talk about them but I haven't heard much from the ESPN or TNT guys.
The Bulls? Nobody talks about us this year lol. The only time the Bulls get talked about is when they update Derrick Rose's progress. Talking about the Bulls for the ESPNs of the world went out the window with Derrick's knee last year.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:56 PM   #120
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersFreak
They're not in conversation for a reason. Lakers, Nets all had high expectations coming in and have floundered. That's news.

The Hawks winning 20 regular season games through December? Cool, I suppose. Now if they go into All-Star break killing teams and getting a top 2 record I guarantee people will talk about them. As far as them not being on T.V., well I don't blame anyone for that especially if people want good ratings.

At this point there isn't much to say on them, as I asked, what do you want people to say about them

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »