Home

How did he make the NBA

This is a discussion on How did he make the NBA within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-27-2013, 05:09 PM   #193
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: How did he make the NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
I was saying the same thing about the Morris twins years ago when we had this same discussion about the likes of Adam Morrison and The Red/White Mamba. Even though I was on the side who didn't think Morrison wasn't as bad as some made him out to be. I think a young Mook would have given him a good game.

Besides, If I find a 6'6 guy on a Philly court playing ball, its a high chance that he has game so Im taking that bet..

Talent is always half the puzzle in any success story. Hard work, dedication and a little bit of luck are always the other.

-Juke
You forgot to mention how being 6'6 on a random Philly court means there's a high chance that kid has worked hard, has dedication and (forgot to mention) is athletic with a decent bball IQ. Hell, I'll even give you all of that and it's still funny that you think that means he'd beat anyone in the NBA.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:17 PM   #194
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
You forgot to mention how being 6'6 on a random Philly court means there's a high chance that kid has worked hard, has dedication and (forgot to mention) is athletic with a decent bball IQ. Hell, I'll even give you all of that and it's still funny that you think that means he'd beat anyone in the NBA.
Who said anyone in the NBA?

I said a game of one on one vs Ryan Hollins.

BBIQ doesnt have anything to do with a game of one on one let alone hard work...Im not talking about him taking Hollins' spot on the Clippers..

-Juke
Old 02-27-2013, 05:35 PM   #195
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Must be a bunch of young *** Joe Johnson types playing ball in Philly then.

Quote:
Well you did bring up Ryan Hollins and he is in the NBA soooooooo....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2013, 05:43 PM   #196
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Must be a bunch of young *** Joe Johnson types playing ball in Philly then.

Well you did bring up Ryan Hollins and he is in the NBA soooooooo....
Well I meet him on a Philly playground once..

Just saying my comment isnt so far fetched.

who knows if he makes the league or not. He has the talent, now hard work and dedication will get him there..

Last edited by Jukeman; 02-27-2013 at 05:47 PM.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:44 PM   #197
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:

I said a game of one on one vs Ryan Hollins.

BBIQ doesnt have anything to do with a game of one on one let alone hard work...Im not talking about him taking Hollins' spot on the Clippers..

-Juke
1) You did... bc Hollins plays in the NBA

2) It'd be wrong to assume everybody is delusional without more information about people individually. I believe we got enough information for you though, as soon as you said basketball IQ doesn't have anything to do with a game of one on one.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:49 PM   #198
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Well I meet him on a Philly playground once..

Just saying my comment isnt so far fetched.

who knows if he makes the league or not. He has the talent, now hard work and dedication will get him there..
LMAO, so bc you met this kid on the court once, you can go to a court in Philly and find a 6'6 guy that can beat an NBA player? At least you're backing down a bit.

But can't let you off that easy. Here's your quote:

Quote:
I can go on a Philly playground and pick a guy that is at least 6'6 (heck, he's probably a future NBA player if he's around 18) and I bet he could beat Ryan in a game of 1 on 1. Hollins is also the same guy who had a meh collegiate career..
So went from random 6'6 kid (who, is automatically a consideration for the NBA if he's around 18). Do you seriously not realize how crazy this sounds?
Old 02-27-2013, 05:51 PM   #199
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

Quote:
LMAO, so bc you met this kid on the court once, you can go to a court in Philly and find a 6'6 guy that can beat an NBA player? At least you're backing down a bit.

But can't let you off that easy. Here's your quote:

So went from random 6'6 kid (who, is automatically a consideration for the NBA if he's around 18). Do you seriously not realize how crazy this sounds?
Never said that neither. Pack mention Joe Johnson and its funny because Rondae has been compare to Joe. Im not even basing my argument on the #1 guy in PA. Just funny that I actually meet a 6'6 Joe Johnson type of player on a Philly playground. Just irony.

So just because I singled out one player, it means Im talking about every guy in the NBA? isnt that what the word "any" means?

Im not surprise, guys are infamous for twisting words to try and make a point around here lol.

BBIQ doesn't have anything to do with a game of one on one...He's not setting screens, he's not communicating. he's not recognizing plays or getting defensive matchup and etc...Unless you are basing that argument that a player with with low BBIQ is jus stupid and doesn't even understand the basics of basketball.

Last edited by Jukeman; 02-27-2013 at 06:00 PM.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:57 PM   #200
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
1) You did... bc Hollins plays in the NBA

2) It'd be wrong to assume everybody is delusional without more information about people individually. I believe we got enough information for you though, as soon as you said basketball IQ doesn't have anything to do with a game of one on one.
I think he was saying he wasn't referring to any and everyone in the NBA, just Ryan Hollins. I'm not saying I agree with him, just clarifying that bit of miscommunication.

All that said, I do not think all NBA players are unbeatable all the time against all non-NBA players. I think most people would agree with that point. However, to have a real chance at defeating an NBA player without relying on having the best shooting day of one's life on the same day the NBA opponent plays the worst ball of his life (and worst day of his life, with a broken ankle), the non-NBA guy will probably need to have some real-deal serious skill alongside a real-deal serious body. So in truth, if there's a 6'6'' prep star with NBA potential in Philadelphia, I reckon he could defeat an NBA guy in 1-on-1 some time. That wouldn't mean the prep was more fit for the NBA than his NBA opponent of course, nor would it mean he's a better 1-on-1 player. It's just, 1-on-1 can have surprising results sometimes when players are at least in the same super loose region of ability and skill, as I feel an NBA prospect prep star may be.

Similarly, I've defeated my little brother in 1-on-1 for as long as he's been alive. For a while, it was no contest. We were on different planets. But as he grew into his sophomore year of high school and beyond, I still felt I was far superior, but his skills had at least entered the same general area code of mine. That meant, he still took countless beatings, but one day he did actually beat me, despite being far below my level (but not on another planet). Logic wise, my brother at that age should have never beaten me. But weird things happened that day. Point being, sometimes, even when the gap is large, fluke outcomes can happen, particularly if a player is only a few notches below a challenger (NBA prospect vs. NBA player) as opposed to NBA player vs. normal ball playing folk.

Most of us though, just based on probability, I'd say we're comfortably on another planet from NBA guys, if not another solar system.

Last edited by VDusen04; 02-27-2013 at 06:17 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »