Home

Sports Daily: What If The Heat Never Win Another Title?

This is a discussion on Sports Daily: What If The Heat Never Win Another Title? within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2014, 01:11 PM   #25
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Sports Daily: What If The Heat Never Win Another Title?

Yeah, ok...

Me and and other Spurs fans will continue to enjoy our "we messed up" trophy along side our "If Manu wouldn't have fouled Dirk" trophy from '06
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2014, 01:16 PM   #26
MVP

OkayC's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Yeah, ok...

Me and and other Spurs fans will continue to enjoy our "we messed up" trophy along side our "If Manu wouldn't have fouled Dirk" trophy from '06
i dont get the sarcasm, did the spurs not make mistakes to lose a game they were leading? thats generally what happens when you lose a game like that. unless your tryna say the score keeper just jacked up the heat score for no reason and nobody noticed. cuz thats the only other way the spurs could have lost the lead.
Old 01-31-2014, 02:02 PM   #27
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkayC
i dont get the sarcasm, did the spurs not make mistakes to lose a game they were leading? thats generally what happens when you lose a game like that. unless your tryna say the score keeper just jacked up the heat score for no reason and nobody noticed. cuz thats the only other way the spurs could have lost the lead.
I just believe that you either win a game, or you lose a game. not a fan of "having the game won", "(insert team) should've won" Tony Parker hit a fading 3 to take the lead in that game, who knows what happens if he misses that? What happens if he misses that crazy shot in game 1 down the stretch? just don't like the line of thinking..
Old 01-31-2014, 02:12 PM   #28
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Beeing result oriented is never good. It's too easy to look at plays afterwards and say he, or he screwed up. They made a choice and they live with it. There is no right or wrong.
Old 01-31-2014, 03:17 PM   #29
MVP

OkayC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I just believe that you either win a game, or you lose a game. not a fan of "having the game won", "(insert team) should've won" Tony Parker hit a fading 3 to take the lead in that game, who knows what happens if he misses that? What happens if he misses that crazy shot in game 1 down the stretch? just don't like the line of thinking..
i agree with you to a point. but i beleive you can be just within sight of a W, and the only thing keeping you from it would be a series of colossal f ups. in this case, the spurs had the W in there sights but from a series of improbable but possible mistakes, were kept from winning it. ultimately it lead to the heat second ring and my now non acknowledgement of there ever being a 2013 finals series. id just rather believe that the nba conceeded to timmy getting ring number 5 so they just cancelled the finals and gave both lebron and timmy there rings as to not dissapoint both well deserving teams and fans around the world.
Old 01-31-2014, 06:15 PM   #30
Rookie

SkillzKillz719's Arena

OVR: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
3 straight finals, two championships... A failure?

Pssh.
Enough said and great point lol
Old 02-02-2014, 12:23 PM   #31
Rookie

Why do people keeping "hitting the panic button" with the Heat? They have more than proved their mettle after three straight Finals appearances with back to back titles. How how have they not been a success?

Apparently, to many idiots, one loss to the Thunder = Miami doesn't have it anymore and OKC are the champs. Has everyone forgotten what Miami did to Chicago after losing the season series to them? Has everyone forgotten the 2012 Finals already? Has everyone forgotten this is OKC's first win over Miami after 6 or 7 straight losses?

I'm also sick of everyone giving Kevin Durant the "Greatest of All-Time" trophy all of a sudden because he had a hot streak. Like no other great player has had a hot streak. It's also funny how the media's riding his dick for carrying his team without Westbrook when LeBron carried Cleveland for his entire tenure there, and he didn't have someone as talented as Russell. Nope, he got Mo Williams as his second in command (and that was the BEST second option he'd have in Cleveland).

If LeBron, Dwyane, and Chris opt out at the end of the season it's to renegotiate their contracts so the team has more cap space. It won't be to leave the team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2014, 05:25 PM   #32
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

I thought there was a chance lebron opted out and went back home but with the cavs being so messed up on the court and in the front office he won't go anywhere imo

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »