Home

1/24 - 1/30 Games Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on 1/24 - 1/30 Games Discussion Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-25-2017, 11:00 AM   #25
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: 1/24 - 1/30 Games Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Can he stretch the floor for Isaiah? If not, he is not a fit in here in Brad's system.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
OMG. You sound like that dope Jimmy Stewart from the radio.

I'm pretty sure Brad Stevens can adjust the team's approach given the talent on the roster.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2017, 11:11 AM   #26
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Can he stretch the floor for Isaiah? If not, he is not a fit in here in Brad's system.

Boston desperately needs defense and rebounding. They're in the bottom third in pretty much all rebounding, shot blocking and other defensive categories (OPPG, Efficiency, etc.) someone like Noel is exactly what they need.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 01-25-2017, 11:22 AM   #27
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
OMG. You sound like that dope Jimmy Stewart from the radio.

I'm pretty sure Brad Stevens can adjust the team's approach given the talent on the roster.

I mean if they need all his help that they have needed ALL YEAR LONG. Why haven't they gone a cheap 1 year rental like Bogut? A guy that you would just have to give up a second round pick or highly protected first for. It's because he doesn't fit in Brad's system.

Old 01-25-2017, 12:02 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

One positive if you're a glass half full kind of guy. Despite losing 3 in a row the Celtics picked up a .5 game on the Raptors.

On a different note. Saw something pop up on my twitter TL that puzzled me. Stephen A. Smith was on SportsCenter shutting down any rivalry talk between Boston and Washington. While I agree, his reasoning is what I find wrong with NBA coverage by major sports outlets. He said it can't be because neither team is a contender. You'd think a guy who complains about the regular season being pointless would embrace something that spices up the regular season, instead of dismissing something fun because it doesn't involve Cleveland or Golden State.

Quote:
I mean if they need all his help that they have needed ALL YEAR LONG. Why haven't they gone a cheap 1 year rental like Bogut? A guy that you would just have to give up a second round pick or highly protected first for. It's because he doesn't fit in Brad's system.

I have no idea why they haven't addressed the need yet, but I have a hard time believing it's because Brad Stevens us against rebounding and rim protection.
Old 01-25-2017, 12:06 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
One positive if you're a glass half full kind of guy. Despite losing 3 in a row the Celtics picked up a .5 game on the Raptors.

On a different note. Saw something pop up on my twitter TL that puzzled me. Stephen A. Smith was on SportsCenter shutting down any rivalry talk between Boston and Washington. While I agree, his reasoning is what I find wrong with NBA coverage by major sports outlets. He said it can't be because neither team is a contender. You'd think a guy who complains about the regular season being pointless would embrace something that spices up the regular season, instead of dismissing something fun because it doesn't involve Cleveland or Golden State.

I have no idea why they haven't addressed the need yet, but I have a hard time believing it's because Brad Stevens us against rebounding and rim protection.
He isn't against rebounding and rim protection. He wants a guy that can do those things plus be able to stretch the floor as well.
Old 01-25-2017, 12:10 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

Like I said before, I do not buy into the notion that Brad Stevens refuses to adjust to the talent on the roster. If given a more traditional big I believe he would make the proper adjustments to make it work for everybody on the floor.
Old 01-25-2017, 01:01 PM   #31
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Noel seems like hed be a perfect fit for Washington

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Fixed that for ya.

Quote:

This is apples to oranges. First of all, Noel can run the floor... but that's not even the point. Bogut is more useful with a certain type of team around him, and even then with limited minutes and likely injuries at this point in his career. Sure, the C's could pick him up and use him, but I don't think anybody would think that's really an answer more than some duct tape for the moment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2017, 03:01 PM   #32
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
Somebody should have made a move on him before they decided to start playing him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be fair, they're only playing him because Embiid and Oak are out

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »