Home

3/12 - 3/18 Games Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on 3/12 - 3/18 Games Discussion Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-14-2019, 03:22 PM   #25
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: 3/12 - 3/18 Games Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Good stuff. Yep they stole playoffs from the Spurs and Blazers.

They run motion strong out of 5 out now when it was 4 out last year. That vid is a year old.

They have Portland's thumbs up play now too..so Atkinson has added some wrinkles over the past year.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I didn't post this one. Very similar to Portland

They have so many outcomes from this action. Esepically when that weakside defender starts helping on the dribble drive.

If the Nets can get LeVert finishing at the rim (this might take a whole off-season to fix. Like he smashed his ankle. I'm blown away he's playing already) and most importantly get Carroll health for the playoffs or soon. Last night was a game I think they needed Carroll. Thunder stepped it up. And the Nets had no answer for them. They just need some defensive stops. And in my opinion played waaaaay too much zone.

I think Pack has been saying this for the last 2 years. Their offense is fine. It's their defense that needs to catch up with their offense.

I also think the bright lights got to them. I'm 99% sure that was their first National televised game. They came out strong.

edit: This has been taking the league by storm the last few years. I know the LeBron-Wade-Bosh Heat team ran a lot of this causing tons of trouble for defensive because when the big is a scorer or shooter. It's hard to help off him or track the first passer. Allen is just a good screener. That's why it works.

I've been trying to get Da_Craz to fix dribble hand offs for a while now.

Last edited by jeebs9; 03-14-2019 at 03:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2019, 04:16 PM   #26
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I didn't post this one. Very similar to Portland

They have so many outcomes from this action. Esepically when that weakside defender starts helping on the dribble drive.

If the Nets can get LeVert finishing at the rim (this might take a whole off-season to fix. Like he smashed his ankle. I'm blown away he's playing already) and most importantly get Carroll health for the playoffs or soon. Last night was a game I think they needed Carroll. Thunder stepped it up. And the Nets had no answer for them. They just need some defensive stops. And in my opinion played waaaaay too much zone.

I think Pack has been saying this for the last 2 years. Their offense is fine. It's their defense that needs to catch up with their offense.

I also think the bright lights got to them. I'm 99% sure that was their first National televised game. They came out strong.

edit: This has been taking the league by storm the last few years. I know the LeBron-Wade-Bosh Heat team ran a lot of this causing tons of trouble for defensive because when the big is a scorer or shooter. It's hard to help off him or track the first passer. Allen is just a good screener. That's why it works.

I've been trying to get Da_Craz to fix dribble hand offs for a while now.
Fix dribble hand offs how?

Old 03-14-2019, 04:54 PM   #27
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Fix dribble hand offs how?

The passer doesn't screen after a hand off. It's a major problem. The defender doesn't get stopped or at least slowed down. Causing that delay that would happen putting the defender in a come out and contest or stay back.

Here's an example

Notice how this play works? It only works because he pivots. You should be able to screen here and roll. Or Slip.... These dribble hand offs should be just as dangerous as a pick and roll. The CPU does a worst job of rolling or even moving.

Here is an example from last nights game.

Cousin throws the pass to Klay. And then quickly sets the screen on Shump making him have to widen out. See how space is created?

Last edited by jeebs9; 03-14-2019 at 05:25 PM.
Old 03-14-2019, 05:27 PM   #28
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
The passer doesn't screen after a hand off. It's a major problem. The defender doesn't get stopped or at least slowed down. Causing that delay that would happen putting the defender in a come out and contest or stay back.

Here's an example

Notice how this play works? It only works because he pivots. You should be able to screen here and roll. Or Slip.... These dribble hand offs should be just as dangerous as a pick and roll. The CPU does a worst job of rolling or even moving.

Here is an example from last nights game.

Cousin throws the pass to Klay. And then quickly sets the screen on Shump making him have to widen out. See how space is created?
I know what you mean. Can't give you an exact explanation of the motion system but I'll re-ask him about it soon

Old 03-14-2019, 08:16 PM   #29

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Marv Albert calling this Raptors vs Lakers game!
Old 03-14-2019, 08:31 PM   #30

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Jeremy Lin has 6 rebounds halfway through the 1ST QUARTER!
Old 03-14-2019, 08:53 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Jeremy Lin has 6 rebounds halfway through the 1ST QUARTER!
Is that something really worth getting EXCITED over? Lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2019, 09:07 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

Lol Kawhi looked to outlet after that last rebound, saw it was Lin and was like nah **** that lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »