Home

NBA 2019-20 Season Predictions

This is a discussion on NBA 2019-20 Season Predictions within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2019, 06:50 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

aloncho11's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: NBA 2019-20 Season Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by cima
Curious if anyone is gonna pick a non-LA team to represent the WC this year
I am all heart for the Mavericks as a Dark Horse, but have to be realistic about it so I chose the team with the best defensive potential in the league.
Old 10-21-2019, 08:37 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cima
Curious if anyone is gonna pick a non-LA team to represent the WC this year

I would say Utah, Denver, and Golden State all have just as good of a shot as either LA team.. Portland and Houston maybe not too far behind, especially if Portland gets this Kevin Love deal done..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-22-2019, 02:51 AM   #11
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

MVP Greek Freak
DPOY Kawhi
6th man
MIP TJ Warren
ROY Goga Bitadze going the homer route here, but I think this kid will be a good one in time

COY Nate McMillian

EC Celtics

WC Clippers

NBA Champs, Boston

Finals MVP Kemba

Surprise team, that could be a dark horse to get to the finals, and yes there probably is some bias involved, but I think the Pacers, are going to be 1 of the best teams in not just the East either.

Reasoning, I think this, is the Pacers are deep, and unlike last yr, I believe this Pacer team, could be really good even without Oladipo. I think bother Brogdon, and TJ Warren will both break out and have big yrs, as long as they dont get injured.

I feel that Sabonis and Turner, will be able to play together, I dont think the D will suffer as some think because of going off of the limited playing together they have had. I think Sabonis has had all summer to prepare his body to be able to defend better on the perimeter.

This could end up being the deepest Pacers team in a very long time, possibly ever. They can go 10 deep, and have capable players, not playing. I think TJ McConnell was another good pickup, because if Aaron Holiday, doesnt take a big step forward in his 2nd yr, there is a proven backup pg in McConnell.

Obviously Im expecting Oladipo to come back, and pick up where he left off. Im sure it will take a few games, but I dont see a Gordon Hayward type episode, where it takes Vic all yr to feel comfortable, plus his wasnt as serious as Haywards injury was. But even if Vic for some reason had to set out all season, I think this Pacer team would be just fine. I feel both Warren and Brogdon could battle for most improved player of the yr. I think they will thrive in the Pacers organization, especially Brogdon, because Brogdon wont have be limited like he was with the Bucks, due to Greek Freak and Bledsoe. He wont have to be just a role player on the Pacers. Warren being in a winning organization and on a good team, I see his game taking a huge step forward this season, on both ends of the floor too. I think he will show he can play good D, to go along with being able to score.

This is as excited as I have been for the Pacers since Reggie Miller led Pacers teams. Im usually not bias, as Im more of a pessimist when it comes to my teams, lol, but maybe Im being to optimistic. But I think they could be the 3rd best team, behind the Bucks and Celtics. Philly, I just dont trust Simmons getting a jump shot, or Embiid staying healthy. Nets, Durant may not be back this yr, and quite frankly Irving has some issues staying healthy too. So thats why I feel the Pacers could be the surprise team, and be right there with the Bucks and Celtics.

The Bucks and Celtics, were a toss up for me, so I went with the Celtics, because of Brad Stevens and Hayward being from Indiana. I think Kemba fits better than Kyrie did in a Brad Stevens coached team. Kemba is a team guy 1st, and I think he will make the young Celtic players better, and I think Hayward will be back to where he was before getting injured.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2019, 12:32 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24
NBA 2019-20 Season Predictions

Most Valuable Player: Antetokounmpo
Defensive Player of the Year: Embiid
Sixth Man of the Year: Ross
Most Improved Player: Rozier
Rookie of the Year: Edwards
Coach of the Year: Budenholzer
East Champion: Celtics
West Champion: Jazz
NBA Champion: Celtics
Finals MVP: Brown
Old 10-22-2019, 02:16 PM   #13
All Star

Got to say rockets are the most overrated team right now. So many people in the media are picking them has a championship contender. No they are not! There are like 3-4 teams better in the east and in the west they are not beating lakers, Clippers, Nuggets are Jazz. I dont get why people are so high on them. If rockets couldnt win it 2 seasons ago they are not going ti win it now. With Harden and westbrook on the team there styles dont work and they both turn the ball over a lot. So i see Rockets averaging more turn overs then any team in the nba and i think Westbrook is clearly on the decline now.
Old 10-22-2019, 02:32 PM   #14
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23

Most Valuable Player: James Harden

Offensive juggernaut on what is likely to be a Top 4 seed in the West. If the Rockets win 50+ games in a brutal West, and Harden is still putting up crazy numbers, then I gotta imagine they give it to him after IMO he got snubbed last year. Only question for me is how many touches is Westbrook taking from him.

Defensive Player of the Year: Joel Embiid

9 times out of 10 I'd say Gobert walks away with this, but I think the voters will get fatigued with Gobert and won't want him to win 3 straight unless he doesn't have much competition. If Embiid can stay healthy for most of the season, I'd say he's the next guy in line for the award.

Sixth Man of the Year: ... Lou Williams?

This award isn't really affected by voter fatigue as much as the others. Lou Will will be on a contending team while being the 3rd scoring option overall, albeit off the bench. With PG out initially, he's gonna have to shoulder a bigger scoring load again behind Kawhi.

Most Improved Player: Gordon Hayward

Ya'll know my feelings about this man lmao but I think he bounces back strong after a recovery year last year. With Kyrie gone, he'll have to take on a more featured role unless Tatum and Brown completely surpass him. But I think he can get back to pre-All-Star Jazz Hayward putting up about 18-5-5, maybe sneaking in to the ASG. The comeback story would be a compelling one for MIP.

Rookie of the Year: Ja Morant

Zion IMO won't be healthy enough this season to warrant taking the award. Morant is going to have the keys to the offense in Memphis, and aside from his two bigs in JV and JJJ, he won't have much in the way of stopping him from being a #1 scoring option for the Grizz. He'll put up about 16 PPG, 4 RPG, and 7 APG on decent percentages, getting him the award.

Coach of the Year: Quin Snyder

Jazz capture a Top 3 seed after shaking up the core of the team. Mitchell takes that next step, Conley and Bogdanovic fit in seamlessly, and the Jazz win a lot of games. After getting honorable mentions for the award the past 2 or 3 seasons, Snyder finally captures it.

East Champion: Bucks

Comes down to Milwaukee vs Philly for me. Philly doesn't have anyone to stop Giannis. Bucks can compete with Philly's length easily, which is IMO Philly's strongest advantage over most teams. Bucks win in 6 games.

West Champion: Clippers

Clippers meet the Jazz in the WCF and get past them in 7 games thanks to Kawhi and Paul George. However, their lack of a center shows in the series, which has them hoping they don't see Embiid in the Finals lol.

NBA Champion: Bucks

Bucks IMO have the most well-rounded team in the league. A wealth of shooters, great defense, lots of playmakers in Giannis, Bledsoe, Middleton, and Hill, and some very good big man depth. Giannis struggles a bit with Kawhi guarding him but he gets it done in the end. Bucks in 7

Finals MVP: Giannis Antetokounmpo

23 PPG, 12 RPG, 7 APG

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee

Last edited by JazzMan; 10-22-2019 at 02:37 PM.
Old 10-22-2019, 03:31 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Master Live 013's Arena

• Most Valuable Player: Giannis Antetokounmpo
  • Rookie of the Year: Zion Williamson
  • Defensive Player of the Year: Rudy Gobert
  • Sixth Man of the Year: Lou Williams
  • Most Improved Player: Pascal Siakam
  • Coach of the Year: Mike Malone

East:
  1. Philadelphia 76ers
  2. Milwaukee Bucks
  3. Boston Celtics
  4. Indiana Pacers
  5. Miami Heat
  6. Brooklyn Nets
  7. Toronto Raptors
  8. Orlando Magic
West
  1. Denver Nuggets
  2. Los Angeles Clippers
  3. Utah Jazz
  4. Houston Rockets
  5. Los Angeles Lakers
  6. Portland Trail Blazers
  7. San Antonio Spurs
  8. Golden State Warriors
East Champion: Philadelphia 76ers
West Champion: Los Angeles Clippers

NBA Champion: Los Angeles Clippers

Last edited by Master Live 013; 10-22-2019 at 06:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2019, 03:58 PM   #16
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Most Valuable Player: JOKIC
Defensive Player of the Year: GIANNIS
Sixth Man of the Year: DIMWITTY
Most Improved Player: SHAI G-A
Rookie of the Year: JA MORANT
Coach of the Year: POP