Home

NBA All Star Weekend 2020

This is a discussion on NBA All Star Weekend 2020 within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-18-2020, 01:44 PM   #345
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: NBA All Star Weekend 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
What I don’t understand is why anyone was confused. The format seemed easy enough to grasp. All the confusion was lost on me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly.

I think cima broke it down pretty simple and yet people were still like “This is stupid, why did they change it!?!”.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2020, 02:11 PM   #346
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

I wasn't confused by it, I just didn't feel like it was "broken" to begin with. The majority of the negative comments around the game felt like they all came from people who didn't even watch the game, or turned it off after the first quarter.

The last two years were close competitive games decided by single digits. Now we are acting like this was completely different because there was no time.. That's really the only difference, the no time in the 4th Q which isn't even real basketball. "They shoot too many threes" team LeBron still took 70 threes this weekend and no complaints, "there isn't any defense until the 4th quarter" they put up 53 points in the first quarter which ties the most in any quarter from the previous two years as well and no complaints. A lot of the same "issues" were still there, but people see one thing they dislike and turn mole hills into mountains vs see something they like and their whole world is suddenly brightened lol. That is the norm with anything NBA though, so much exaggeration.

The biggest benefit from this was we had more competitive play because time didn't expire, which I think we all obviously enjoyed it ended up taking them 40 minutes to reach the score limit. Instead of your standard half quarter of hard play we got nearly a full game of it time wise.. But had a team hit a hot streak, which they could next year for all we know, we could very well still be bitching like we always are because the competitive part of the game ended too quickly.

Either way I'm sure if it ends faster next year, or the year after, at some point it will because that's what basketball runs do, we'll go right back to the "The All-Star game has been trash for years, I can't believe they shot so many threes, they never play defense, look at that final score, etc"..
Old 02-19-2020, 06:07 AM   #347
Rookie

OVR: 0

I think they should just do celebrity games and dunk/3pt contest type stuff. Sure is nice for NBA if all the top players show up, but it is probably better for the NBA if they all get some rest for the run in/playoffs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »