Home

1/20 - 2/2 Games Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on 1/20 - 2/2 Games Discussion Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2020, 12:48 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 1/20 - 2/2 Games Discussion Thread

If Zion does get rookie of the year it won’t be because of one play showcasing Whitesides god awful defense anyways lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-22-2020, 01:00 PM   #50
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
If Zion does get rookie of the year it won’t be because of one play showcasing Whitesides god awful defense anyways lol.

I wasn't showcasing Whiteside lol. There is another play very similar where they triple team Zion in the post. My point of the entire post was the respect he gets from defenses.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 02-22-2020, 01:46 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

Master Live 013's Arena

Ok, give me the number. What percentage of the season can a player not play and still win an award? If it was a BAD rookie class (outside of Zion) and Zion was basically the only remarkable rookie playing this year would you be ok with him winning ROY even with all the games he has missed?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2020, 02:03 PM   #52
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
Melo a cool -19 on the night. But he scored 20 so it's all good.
How’d the rest of the team look/play?
Old 02-22-2020, 02:41 PM   #53
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
How’d the rest of the team look/play?
I didn't want to say anything last night reading that post. But I were here. So....I hate that stat. I don't why anyone would bring it up for a individual players. The only time I see that stat useful is for a season or within a line up of other player.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 02-22-2020, 03:10 PM   #54
Hall Of Fame

Master Live 013's Arena

Looking at the numbers these are the lower % of games played in a season by a player who won ROY:

Spoiler

Zion has played 11 games this season. Pelicans have played 56 games so far. If Zion played all the Pelicans games left (he won't) that would be 37 games played out 82 for a 45 percent. That would be the lowest ever certainly.

I don't want to calculate the minutes but if, for argument sake, you say Zion plays all the games remaining at the rate he has been playing the last 6 games or so he would play around 700 minutes less than Ewing.

If you look at the advance stats Zion will finish ahead of Morant in PER, VORP, Box Plus Minus and Win Shares per 48 minutes.

I heard in a podcast the other day that the Pelicans have the easiest schedule left in the NBA, if they pass Morant's Grizzlies in the standings behind a "look how good the Pelicans have been since Zion's debut" narrative there is a good chance he wins ROY. Even better if the Pelicans make the playoffs.
Old 02-22-2020, 04:05 PM   #55
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

Would still be the difference in expectations.. many people predicted If healthy the Pelicans would make the playoffs or fight for a playoff spot. Grizzlies were supposed to be a bottom 5 team. It’s not like Ja is that far behind him anyways. He flirts with 20 and 10 just about every night himself. In a guard dominant league he’s jumped right in and did his thing.

I think it would take him hitting the rookie wall pretty hard to end the year to lose it at this point. Or at least some type of monster performances from Zion. We shouldn’t be having this type of talk after a 25 and 4 game and a win against a Blazers team that’s missing Dame.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2020, 04:12 PM   #56

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Live 013
Ok, give me the number. What percentage of the season can a player not play and still win an award? If it was a BAD rookie class (outside of Zion) and Zion was basically the only remarkable rookie playing this year would you be ok with him winning ROY even with all the games he has missed?
Depends how bad a class it was. Or simply how much better that guy was than everyone else.

If a guy plays 41 games and averages 25 points, 10 rebounds and 5 assists and the other top rookie plays 82 games, averages 17 points, 5 rebounds, 3 assists, I'll give it to the first guy.

Zion at best plays 37 games this year. Don't think he deserves ROY. If he's in a Brogdon or Miller rookie class then that's diff.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »