Home

2/9 - 2/22 Games Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on 2/9 - 2/22 Games Discussion Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2021, 10:09 AM   #73
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: 2/9 - 2/22 Games Discussion Thread

So what’s that mean other than your Nets Takes which will probably be scorching hot all of a sudden for one night or more?
Old 02-11-2021, 11:22 AM   #74
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

One thing I do know about this season so far is that it’s hard to get a genuine read on teams this year with COVID having an affect on teams as far as routines and not being able to practice as much.

To me, every team outside of the Lakers all have legitimate questions that we may not get answers to until the playoffs or maybe even next season.
Old 02-11-2021, 11:29 AM   #75
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
Funny that Giannis is having a "down year," isn't getting much hype for MVP (voter fatigue), yet is still putting up monster numbers that would make most guys blush.
I don't think it's voter fatigue, and don't think he is having a "down year" either. He started slower than where he currently sits, and his team was performing behind Clippers, Lakers, 76ers, he's not out of the MVP race but all of Embiid, Bron, Joker, Durant, Kawhi, Giannis are having MVP seasons with MVP stats.

To me Joker was the clear early leader but Denver as a whole was off to a bad start so I understood Joel and Bron above him. Giannis and KD right there in that mix, Kawhi just a notch below them IMO.

Interestingly enough in the backpicks box plus-minus model he's only behind Joker, LeBron, and teammate Khris Middleton.

Capture.JPG
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2021, 01:08 PM   #76
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Iam starting to worry Lebron plays too many minutes especially with the shorten off season. All theses overtimes too.
Old 02-11-2021, 01:15 PM   #77
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
So what’s that mean other than your Nets Takes which will probably be scorching hot all of a sudden for one night or more?
First matchup between LeBron and KD since Christmas 2018!

That's not a typo, it's really been THAT long.
Old 02-11-2021, 04:36 PM   #78
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Yea he would be as I don't think yall have a true 4. John would be incredible on any team he is a 20 & 10 guy that shoots 40% from 3. He is also super athletic and still very young and is now a quality defender. He doesn't get plays ran for him so with all that said he could fit into any team and can play a little bit of the 5. He also always plays hard and is energetic likeable guy. He doesn't have any injury history only missing games for the drug suspension.

Name me another player with all of things that I said or close to it that team didn't pay ?

This was why I continue to bash our GM as someone is going to throw him the max this summer. I would think Atlanta just matches the offer even if deep down you don't want to. I mean surely you don't just let him leave for nothing. In San Antonio case you could do a sign and trade of some sorts for one of your G's. This shouldn't be complicated they should have paid him and cut out all of the drama. Because Gallo isn't the answer at the 4 he looks washed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
He would be incredible on the Spurs. I'm hoping we offer him something y'all can't or won't match.

Official HQ of Bills Backer/Spurs Nation

Last edited by georgiafan; 02-11-2021 at 04:38 PM.
Old 02-11-2021, 04:57 PM   #79
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

2/9 - 2/22 Games Discussion Thread

If someone wants to throw him a Max contract then let them. If the GM decides to match it even if he doesn’t want to and is only doing it because he doesn’t want to lose him for nothing, then he’s a damn fool for matching it.

Might as well put him on the trade block and hope you get a good offer for him.
Old 02-11-2021, 07:19 PM   #80
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
If someone wants to throw him a Max contract then let them. If the GM decides to match it even if he doesn’t want to and is only doing it because he doesn’t want to lose him for nothing, then he’s a damn fool for matching it.

Might as well put him on the trade block and hope you get a good offer for him.

Yea I get that, but Atlanta can’t trade him mid season because if the playoffs aren’t made the GM and coach will be fired.

When you add in whatever you would get back in a trade mid season and a bunch of key players still hurt. It’s just to confusing to make a mid season trade when it’s playoffs or bust in this odd season with no practice time.

So your only 2 options are match the max/ near max offer or do a sign and trade this summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »