Home

2021 Offseason Thread

This is a discussion on 2021 Offseason Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2021, 01:48 PM   #1625
Pro

Ragnar53's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2021 Offseason Thread

Maybe they think they can get away with playing Lauri or Mobley at the 3? Mobley has the dexterity to play the 3 defensively, but offensively his handle ain't there yet.

Growing pains. Maybe they think he'll have a Giannis type of trajectory?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2021, 01:56 PM   #1626
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Fully expect a buyout for Love. I still question the decision to give Allen that contract, draft Mobley, and now add Lauri.
I don’t question the contract because he was always going to get paid, especially with him being so young and he’s elite at the one skill that a lot of teams lack.

It’s the decisions afterward that kinda throws things out the loop, where I’m just trying to figure out what they’re plan is at that position. I don’t think they’re under a “make the playoffs or else” mandate so this move kinda surprises me.
Old 08-27-2021, 01:59 PM   #1627
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar53
Maybe they think they can get away with playing Lauri or Mobley at the 3? Mobley has the dexterity to play the 3 defensively, but offensively his handle ain't there yet.

Growing pains. Maybe they think he'll have a Giannis type of trajectory?
I'm not sure about a potential lineup of Garland, Sexton, Mobley, Lauri, and Allen having two 6'1 Guards and three 6-11 bigs
I get they are trying to start winning, but I would look to move Allen once Mobley looks ready.
Old 08-27-2021, 02:14 PM   #1628
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Jarrett, Mobley and Lauri in a rotation doesn't make sense to me unless they expect Mobley to play the 5 a lot.

So basically Cleveland is tiny in the backcourt and huge in the frontcourt.
Old 08-27-2021, 02:24 PM   #1629
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
I don’t question the contract because he was always going to get paid, especially with him being so young and he’s elite at the one skill that a lot of teams lack.

It’s the decisions afterward that kinda throws things out the loop, where I’m just trying to figure out what they’re plan is at that position. I don’t think they’re under a “make the playoffs or else” mandate so this move kinda surprises me.
I agree. $20M is becoming the standard for "star" players, so I agree on the Allen contract.

Mobley was a BPA pick. Where now, you're hoping that Mobley can fit that 4 spot now, then later flip Allen for wing help. Lauri can fit alongside either one of them.
Old 08-27-2021, 03:20 PM   #1630
All Star

BleacherBum2310's Arena

OVR: 24

Nance is very good. I probably like that part of the trade best, though it's mostly good for all involved i think. just the question with Portland is it really going to matter.
Old 08-27-2021, 03:53 PM   #1631
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
how is his defense?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Earlier in the year he was getting DPOTY of the year love but that tapered off as the season went on. He received zero defensive team votes, but most likely because he doesn't blocks a ton of shots and missed far too many games. At one point in time he was basically switching everything 1-5 on D for them and leading the league in steals. Like stated before that didn't maintain, and they made some trades and all that, he also fractured a finger missed time, got sick and missed time while also losing like 20 pounds, and then fractured his thumb after that, so he wasn't looking quite as productive on that end by seasons end and only played like 30something games in total.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2021, 03:57 PM   #1632
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
Right, I don't get creating a logjam at the two spots Mobley will play.

Maybe they'll flip Lauri at the deadline for some draft assets?

Official HQ of Bills Backer/Spurs Nation
I know summer league is not a good indication of anything, but seeing Mobley in summer league I don't think he's ready to come in and start for them. I doubt Cleveland wants to flip Lauri or they wouldn't have traded for him on a long term deal. If Love is bought out (I expect it at this point) then they don't really have a logjam. Allen is the only true "center" and either Lauri or Mobley can serve as the first 4/5 off the bench and start at the 4.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »