Home

PS3 or 360 better for OF's?

This is a discussion on PS3 or 360 better for OF's? within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-15-2008, 04:31 PM   #1
MVP

TheDutchDad's Arena

OVR: 12
PS3 or 360 better for OF's?

So, which version would you guys recommend for someone who wants to get the most out of the OF's that are available right now? Which version of the game can easily use European OF's? Thanks for any help.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:38 PM   #2
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: PS3 or 360 better for OF's?

Some members here have found that the Euro option files work on the 360. Doesn't work on the PS3. If that is your main aim, go for the 360 version.

I have the PS3 version and am happy with it, but would have gotten the 360 version had I known. Good luck.
Old 11-15-2008, 07:43 PM   #3
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30

Yes, *BUT*, the 360 needs one of those X-SATA things to transfer the files, while the PS3 you can just use a USB thumbstick. If I owned a PS3, I would've bought it for that instead of the 360 for just that reason.

There will be some PS3 USA option files out eventually anyways.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:17 PM   #4
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

I would get it for the PS3, but I have a 360. PS3 can import images while the 360 can't, you have to use the Vision Cam. Overall I am happy with the 360 option file, but if I had a choice I would choose the PS3 version.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:49 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnzo
Yes, *BUT*, the 360 needs one of those X-SATA things to transfer the files, while the PS3 you can just use a USB thumbstick. If I owned a PS3, I would've bought it for that instead of the 360 for just that reason.

There will be some PS3 USA option files out eventually anyways.
You can use a USB thumstick to get the option files now? You now longer need to use an XPort? Please tell me this is true.

BTW Bahnzo, I finally picked up PES 09. You were right. It plays like a dream. I just started my BAL mode (I'm terrible at the moment; not one 7.0 rating in 6 games), and the AI of the game engine is phenomenal. It took me a while to start a manager mode in FIFA because I was fighting with the game to get it to play more realistically. I didn't have to adjust anything with PES, just dove in and started playing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2008, 06:17 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomerk
You can use a USB thumstick to get the option files now? You now longer need to use an XPort? Please tell me this is true.
It is true for PS3, I just used a regular old USB thumbstick and had no trouble using an option file off the net. I recommend mrgametight's OF at pesgaming.com, it is pretty much the only one right now for the North American version of PES 09.
Old 12-08-2008, 08:01 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLandPESFan
It is true for PS3, I just used a regular old USB thumbstick and had no trouble using an option file off the net. I recommend mrgametight's OF at pesgaming.com, it is pretty much the only one right now for the North American version of PES 09.
Thanks NHL! I just picked downloaded the OF to my pin drive. I'm so glad I don't have to shell out $50 for an xport (again, lost the one I had for PS2
Old 12-09-2008, 07:16 AM   #8
MVP

devilsjaw's Arena

OVR: 27

You can buy the Euro version of PES and play it on PS3, that's what I'm doing. That way you get to use all the great option files from over there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »