Home

I Am Considering Switching To PES

This is a discussion on I Am Considering Switching To PES within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2011, 02:22 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: I Am Considering Switching To PES

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsball899
i'm probably going to get PES 2012 as well... after reading through the demo thread it sounds like the AI in PES is years beyond the AI in fifa which is huge to me because i'm a guy who loves to play career modes. I play fifa all the time with my brother which is fun as hell but when i get into my career mode the CPU gets the ball and just runs straight forward until i tackle them. that gets old.

with all that said, can someone explain to me option files? how easy/hard is it to get them on my xbox and will i need to download different option files for different teams?

EDIT:
and after reading through the Master League thread last night... i really cannot wait for PES 2012 to come out
Yes, I also play career mode and want a soccer game that's challenging me and not simplistic.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:52 AM   #10
Rookie

strive's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm thinking of switching too. The "be a legend" mode looks really cool/fun, plus I dig presentation/sim gameplay most, and PES looks better in those departments at this point to me.

However I can't find anywhere to pre-order this for PC. I would typically buy it for 360, but mine finally died a (2006-ish) first release wave Christmas day console. It will play older games like Gears 1 & 2, but anything newer (Deus Ex, NCAA 12, etc) it locks up on start up.

I looked up a digital pre-order from http://www.konami.com/games/pes2012, but I would like to avoid digital if possible. Also should I register my game to the UK? Being an American I doubt we will have any where near the editing community for great optional files that our European brothers and sisters have across the pond. Or is that a non-factor on PC and only an issue for PS3/XBOX players?
Old 09-15-2011, 07:58 AM   #11
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by strive
I'm thinking of switching too. The "be a legend" mode looks really cool/fun, plus I dig presentation/sim gameplay most, and PES looks better in those departments at this point to me.

However I can't find anywhere to pre-order this for PC. I would typically buy it for 360, but mine finally died a (2006-ish) first release wave Christmas day console. It will play older games like Gears 1 & 2, but anything newer (Deus Ex, NCAA 12, etc) it locks up on start up.

I looked up a digital pre-order from http://www.konami.com/games/pes2012, but I would like to avoid digital if possible. Also should I register my game to the UK? Being an American I doubt we will have any where near the editing community for great optional files that our European brothers and sisters have across the pond. Or is that a non-factor on PC and only an issue for PS3/XBOX players?
If you have the PC version you don't have to worry about option files because what you will want will be patches which trounce the option files on the console.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2011, 09:53 PM   #12
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Just a heads up, option files on the 360 are not hard to install, but can be tricky the first few times just to get used to. However, there are instructions on many forums and you can always ask on here as many of us are 360 users.

I've wanted an MLS file for years now, so if I can find help, this might finally be the year.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:58 PM   #13
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
I've wanted an MLS file for years now, so if I can find help, this might finally be the year.
Well I just recently switched to the 360, I'd love to help out if I get it on the 360. It's in the air, though, since the PC version is so much more appealing.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:44 PM   #14
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesox
Well I just recently switched to the 360, I'd love to help out if I get it on the 360. It's in the air, though, since the PC version is so much more appealing.
360, 360, 360. Then you can also join a league with me and we can do the MLS file. You know you want to!
Old 09-15-2011, 10:47 PM   #15
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30

If you have both a PS3 and Xbox and decide to buy it for 360.....then you should have your head examined.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2011, 11:05 PM   #16
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnzo
If you have both a PS3 and Xbox and decide to buy it for 360.....then you should have your head examined.....
PES is definitely a reason that I wish I had a PS3.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »