Home

PES 2014 PC

This is a discussion on PES 2014 PC within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2013, 04:44 PM   #25
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: PES 2014 PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
I was worried about that. I'll probably stay away from steam unless it's my only option.
Yeah I could never get them to work. It was weird because I got parts of it but never could get the whole thing to work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2013, 05:38 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 2

I haven't bought PES on PC for a few years but I see nothing has changed with regards to Konami doing it's utmost to make sure North American customers can't play it. As a public service, I will provide this link for the boxed version:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Konami-PES-2...ds=pes+2014+pc

I have ordered from amazon UK several times from here in the US and they are quick and just as reliable as Amazon here is. You can even use your US account to order.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:30 PM   #27
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

seems like a lot of negative impressions on the PC version. Almost like if it's an unfinished product. I guess we'll find out soon.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:57 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0

Where are you seeing the negative PC impressions?
I am a lurker around here, but really want to get this game on my pc rather than ps3, because it's cheaper and has the ability to be patched/modded.

Are there any other gaming sites besides steam that may have it?
Old 09-19-2013, 11:30 AM   #29
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdizzy
Where are you seeing the negative PC impressions?
I am a lurker around here, but really want to get this game on my pc rather than ps3, because it's cheaper and has the ability to be patched/modded.

Are there any other gaming sites besides steam that may have it?
I purchased mine from Amazon. Since GTA V released I can afford to wait for it to be shipped, plus I am just coming up on the world cup in my latest BAL in PES 2013. Most of the negative impressions about the PC version seem to be driver issues with controllers. Other than that the negative impressions about the game being incomplete is because of things missing/problems in the game in general that all seem like easy fixes that Konami is plannign on fxing and patch 1.01 even takes care of some of them.

The general consensus with respect to PC vs Console is that the game is much better on pc than console graphically and modders have already found code in the pc version that is not present in the console version (related to ball physics).
Old 09-19-2013, 11:39 AM   #30
Rookie

Thanks for the info! Didn't know any of that, it sounds good to me if its fixable stuff. I played the demo on the ps3 and really enjoyed it.

Could you expand on the controller problems?
And I was thinking of getting it from amazon UK, but I was hoping it would appear on Steam soon lol..
Old 09-19-2013, 12:57 PM   #31
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdizzy
Thanks for the info! Didn't know any of that, it sounds good to me if its fixable stuff. I played the demo on the ps3 and really enjoyed it.

Could you expand on the controller problems?
And I was thinking of getting it from amazon UK, but I was hoping it would appear on Steam soon lol..
People who are using the wired xbox controller (what I will be doing) are having problems with the game recognizing button input, especially when trying to switch players. All the other controls are working well so it sounds like there are drive conpatability issues right now. That should be fixed very soon if its a driver issue.

Not saying this will be the case but PES 2013 didnt hit Steam until March last year. Combine that with the fact that its not even listed on Steam yet and I am thinking it is going to be a while before it appears on Steam. Additionally, the file management in Steam prevents you from installing some mods easily. Just some things to think about.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2013, 01:21 PM   #32
Rookie

Yea, I've heard that about the modding. My brother was able to mod 2k13 for me easily on steam though... Don't know if different games are different in that sense though?
Honestly, I'm new to the computer scene, still learning.

Thanks again for the controller info. I use a wired xbox controller as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »