Home

PES 2014 Availabe Now - Post your impressions here

This is a discussion on PES 2014 Availabe Now - Post your impressions here within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2013, 03:35 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: PES 2014 Availabe Now in EU - Post your impressions here

Faces can be edited by the community.

Gameplay cannot.

I think I'll live with a few incorrect faces at the cost of massively improved gameplay.
Old 09-19-2013, 05:52 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
You would really prefer them to leave the antiquated gameplay engine for another year simply so some faces weren't wrong on the release date especially when they have said that faces will continue to be released. In the words of Chris Carter, "Come on man."
That's how I feel as well. The cosmetic stuff can always be improved the gameplay engine not as much.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:12 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

LOL @ complaining about faces. Really!? Get the PC version of the game and you won't have to worry in a couple weeks. A sign of disrespect? Look at what they have done to Michael Bradley's face the last couple of years - but who cares, you can change anything if you really want to.

Can't wait to get this game.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:10 PM   #20
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
Dozens of pages of impressions over at Evo-Web, I've been reading for 20 minutes and I'm like 1/4 the way thru. One of the more interesting topics people are discussing is the noticeably superior gameplay of the PC version. Yair even stated he discovered additional ball physics values in the PC code that aren't in the console version.
I've watched a few PES PC videos and it looks good. I'm a console gamer though, so I'll be doing all of my gaming on the 360. I was on Evo-Web a bit earlier, but didn't get to dig into a lot of the impressions. Gonna head back over there now.

I plan on pre-ordering one of Daymos's USB's very soon. I watched one of his videos featuring custom crowd chants and it got me really excited about what that will add to the game. I was fine with just the editing of players and teams, but that's a bonus to me. Can't wait for this game.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:21 PM   #21
MVP

Ermolli's Arena

OVR: 29

I've just been looking around the net about this year's editing and so far they've just began discovering the files and models, I guess it'll take a while for us to enjoy the delight of PC modding.

About the faces, I can understand his point, it bothered me seeing Suarez in the last PES games with a hairstyle he used around 2008, the good thing is that thankfully it's editable unlike the other game (not using an excuse to bash FIFA, just mentioning because it's a shame). The problem I have with playing PES (or most games) on PC is that I don't have a good enough laptop or PC to fully enjoy the amazing work modders do, doesn't help either that my brothers and I already decided to save for a PS4; hopefully next gen consoles will be closer to what PC graphics and performance have and Konami gives even more options to edit the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2013, 09:41 PM   #22
Rookie

Simaofan-20's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
You would really prefer them to leave the antiquated gameplay engine for another year simply so some faces weren't wrong on the release date especially when they have said that faces will continue to be released. In the words of Chris Carter, "Come on man."
Where did I say that I prefer to have inferior gameplay? My point is, the game isn't refined enough to have been released. The game was worked on for 1 year and removed far too many things from previous versions and using the excuse of a new engine is just weak to me. If the new engine caused so many problems why not develop it for another year? Before you say something about not releasing a game, I mean work on THIS version for 2 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
Butt hurt comments about faces is the least of my worries THAT can be edited for goodness sake...

My early impression is that gameplay and atmosphere is amazing so far.

This is a game that reminds me of what football kingdom might have been if it got a sequel on current gen.

STUNNING
They ADDED hair to a guy who has 0. Thats a lack of effort. Like I said, the face isn't what bothers me, its the fact they gave him a beard and long hair when in fact he's bald. Thats just half assing it and giving default/general head models to random players. Thats my main issue. Again you can just say "new engine" all day long but I'll just retort with you shouldn't release a half finished product

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Faces can be edited by the community.

Gameplay cannot.

I think I'll live with a few incorrect faces at the cost of massively improved gameplay.
Not true actually. Gameplay tools do wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
LOL @ complaining about faces. Really!? Get the PC version of the game and you won't have to worry in a couple weeks. A sign of disrespect? Look at what they have done to Michael Bradley's face the last couple of years - but who cares, you can change anything if you really want to.

Can't wait to get this game.
Read above posts

As for gameplay complaints, my main issue is the lack of fouls and offsides by the CPU. I've played 5 straight games and have only been fouled once. I think thats a pressing issue that needs to be noted. IDK maybe I missed something? But playing on professional , you get pressed hard but rarely get fouled , and there is almost no sliding tackles by the opponents either. They also don't get pulled offside , the games are just far too "clean"
Old 09-19-2013, 11:46 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 5

Well, to be fair, Luisão hasn't done a whole lot of playing the last year ever since he inexplicably attacked a referee and was handed a lengthy ban, so who knows - maybe he had time to grow some of that hair.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:55 PM   #24
Pro

JimmyDeicide's Arena

OVR: 5

And hes not as famous as you think he is, ive never heard of him. the player face guy from konami probably hasn't either hes watching the prem.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »