Home

PES 2014 Availabe Now - Post your impressions here

This is a discussion on PES 2014 Availabe Now - Post your impressions here within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2013, 03:39 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: PES 2014 Availabe Now in EU - Post your impressions here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
Can anyone confirm if the new patch changed the gameplay drastically from the demo? I will highly disappointed if they changed it.
From what I've read from the Evo Forums is that the 1.01 patch does change gameplay (for the worse) as the CPU AI now plays more forward and relies heavily on the through-pass. Also it seems the speed has increased taking away some of the heavy weight feeling (which to some seems worse too). Again Ill have to try it myself once I get home, but if someone did it please post impressions
Old 09-20-2013, 04:08 PM   #50
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

I've grown to not trust the impressions at Evo-Web. Unless it's a replica of PES5 with updated graphics, the majority seems only interested in complaining.

With that said, if they really did mess with how the AI goes forward and attacks, I'll be incredibly disappointed.
Old 09-20-2013, 04:12 PM   #51
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simaofan-20
The gameplay is great sure but they've removed far too much , thats what people are complaining about myself included. It really feels like an unfinished product. You can't just say the gameplay is good but aren't allowed to complain about anything else, thats just silly. Gameplay is the most important but if you keep striping away then whats the point? I'm sure 2015 will be even better because they will be accustomed to the new engine and will have more time to add in stuff.Like faces and stadiums but lets face it, they half assed certain aspects of the game and theres no denying that.
So provide examples of exactly what they have stripped away

Faces - PES never ships with accurate faces, yes there are more than normal this year but they fix the issues every single year
Stadiums - ok fair enough
Rain - Only real exclusion that can't be fixed by modders on pc.

BAL:
Press conferences joining a new club
Manager Rating
Agent Contracts
Little videos of team mates "we need time to get used too you etc.."
Playing in friendlies to prove yourself (on 2014 the first 9 games i wasnt even picked in the squad including friendlies)

People specifically asked for each of these things to be removed because of how repetitive and boring it was. Now its gone ane people are lamenting the loss.

Master League:
Staff (coach, athletic coach, scout, doctor)

This I can understand. This was a dissapointment, but in return you are given the option to manage international teams.

Sorry but I'll take them investing all their time into gameplay and designing a whole new engine that is more suited to next gen than keeping the same tired gameplay and putting another coat of lipstick on the pig. Especially if providing the product they have has to come at the expense of visuals that with any bit of effort I can fix on my own.

People keep going on and on about how it "feels" unfinished but outside of those specifics can't provide any other specific removals.

Last edited by Dogslax41; 09-20-2013 at 04:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2013, 05:35 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
I've grown to not trust the impressions at Evo-Web. Unless it's a replica of PES5 with updated graphics, the majority seems only interested in complaining.

With that said, if they really did mess with how the AI goes forward and attacks, I'll be incredibly disappointed.
I hope they won't listen to the majority. Sad if they do. I don't want an imitation of the other game. I want a simulation of the sport I watch on Saturdays.

I hope that there is someone from Konami lurking in this forum.
Old 09-20-2013, 05:57 PM   #53
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Niche
From what I've read from the Evo Forums is that the 1.01 patch does change gameplay (for the worse) as the CPU AI now plays more forward and relies heavily on the through-pass. Also it seems the speed has increased taking away some of the heavy weight feeling (which to some seems worse too). Again Ill have to try it myself once I get home, but if someone did it please post impressions
Well if this is true sad to say that I will not be playing a footy game for another year. Seriously noticing a trend with Konami butchering games on final codes, I hate this. I finally enjoy PES this year and they potentially butcher the AI code.
Old 09-20-2013, 06:10 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Well if this is true sad to say that I will not be playing a footy game for another year. Seriously noticing a trend with Konami butchering games on final codes, I hate this. I finally enjoy PES this year and they potentially butcher the AI code.
Well, its best for you to try it first. Then decide if you want to keep it or leave it without the update. I know PES usually needs 3 months for it to run correctly. As it stands now, the game is quite fun for me.
Old 09-20-2013, 06:32 PM   #55
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Pick up the just-released 1.0 disk copy or even a non-Steam digital download copy and just don't update it... providing you don't care about online play of course.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2013, 06:56 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Yeah, I'm not touching any updates because I don't play online. It's simply incredible. Have to definitely get more practice in. Won my first game 1-0 as Roda JC vs Ado Denang (sp?). It was simply the most incredible experience, out of the box, I have ever had. Stay away from Evo-Web's non editing area, there's no point in reading their reviews as the guys are highly critical and aren't appreciating how well Konami have executed PES 14.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »