Home

Pre-determined outcomes?

This is a discussion on Pre-determined outcomes? within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-20-2015, 02:26 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Pre-determined outcomes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
the teamwork rating can really help you out when it starts increasing. I noticed towards the end of my YR1 ML campaign that once I settled on my lineup and starting giving the fellas consistent minutes their teamwork ratings increased and I started reeling off wins.
Are you ****ting me?! there are team work ratings?! How have I missed this? I've had the game since launch >_<

And Ya, those form ratings really piss me off how they seem to arbitrarily go up and down.
Old 02-20-2015, 02:56 PM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashik
Are you ****ting me?! there are team work ratings?! How have I missed this? I've had the game since launch >_<

And Ya, those form ratings really piss me off how they seem to arbitrarily go up and down.
I never noticed a teamwork rating either. Gonna fire the game up and see where that is. That's one thing I don't like about PES is the sometimes convoluted menu system.
Old 02-20-2015, 03:44 PM   #19
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashik

LOL. I can't remember what screen it's on but as a long time BAL player I can say that it's been in there for a while. In BAL mode the higher it is the more your teammates will trust you and pass you the ball w/o calling for it. In ML I think it makes your team defend more as a unit and go forward with more cohesion. It could be placebo for all I know but I did notice that when it went up I started winning more.
Old 02-21-2015, 06:14 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
LOL. I can't remember what screen it's on but as a long time BAL player I can say that it's been in there for a while. In BAL mode the higher it is the more your teammates will trust you and pass you the ball w/o calling for it. In ML I think it makes your team defend more as a unit and go forward with more cohesion. It could be placebo for all I know but I did notice that when it went up I started winning more.
I'm always calling for the ball, and my teammates are probably like, "Damn Wilkinson's so selfish."
Old 02-25-2015, 08:19 PM   #21
Pro

RonMexico1992's Arena

Yo Monaco dominating Arsenal in North London 3-1? rigged.....

Atleti getting two injuries in first half, red card in second and a goal that was called off because the ball went out of bounds and losing 1-0? I'm calling major pre-determined.....

Or just that PES represents the unpredictability of a real football match? All the Barclays fanboys oh Arsenal easy win, gonna score three four goals, yea right. Monaco defense only 4 goals allowed in last 17 matches and came in and shocked everyone & on the other hand, Atleti was suppose to go to Germany and do the business, but who woulda predicted, two injuries, red card, and that goal would be called off?

thats the thing, you can never, ever, predict a football match. Well, I mean you can lolol BUT nothing is ever a for sure thing.

Just came back to troll you guys haha jk. Just some more perspective on how unpredictable 2 games of Champions League football can be & football in general.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2015, 03:19 AM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMexico1992
Yo Monaco dominating Arsenal in North London 3-1? rigged.....

Atleti getting two injuries in first half, red card in second and a goal that was called off because the ball went out of bounds and losing 1-0? I'm calling major pre-determined.....

Or just that PES represents the unpredictability of a real football match? All the Barclays fanboys oh Arsenal easy win, gonna score three four goals, yea right. Monaco defense only 4 goals allowed in last 17 matches and came in and shocked everyone & on the other hand, Atleti was suppose to go to Germany and do the business, but who woulda predicted, two injuries, red card, and that goal would be called off?

thats the thing, you can never, ever, predict a football match. Well, I mean you can lolol BUT nothing is ever a for sure thing.

Just came back to troll you guys haha jk. Just some more perspective on how unpredictable 2 games of Champions League football can be & football in general.
HAHA!

Yeah the sport is pretty unpredictable and as they say, that's why they play the game!

I've still been seeing occasions of where things just seem to go strangely with the control of my team now and then though. For instance, in my ML mode with an edited team (4 stars) I entered the group stage of a cup. The WORST team in the entire cup is a one star club in my group. I lost both games to that team 0-1 while having no problems winning the other matches.

These games weren't nearly as drastic as some of my other examples in this thread, but there were several times I would hit a long chipped through ball to my striker that split the defense perfectly only to have him suddenly stop running for half a second, miss the ball, and have it land just beyond him and roll harmlessly forward to the keeper.
Or instances with 3 defenders on the CPU with the ball, make a regular tackle to knock the ball away and then they all just stand there ignoring the ball while a second CPU player comes in to take it.

Most of the time its smaller things like this that I see so I guess calling it "pre-determined" is a bit much 90% of the time.
Old 03-05-2015, 09:16 AM   #23
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by schlitz73
I never noticed a teamwork rating either. Gonna fire the game up and see where that is. That's one thing I don't like about PES is the sometimes convoluted menu system.
Teamwork is a hidden stat in the game that can be improved over time. If you're in master league go to your squad list. On playstation use R1 to scroll through player abilities until you see teamwork at the bottom. Players who have been with the team for a lot of games will have high teamwork ratings (85-99) while newly signed players will have low TW ratings in the 60's and 70's.
Old 03-10-2015, 12:19 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 12

I've gotten the overwhelming feeling of scripting in PES before. This year isn't as bad as last year for me but there are times when I feel that I'm not fully in control. Here's a quick snipet on my thoughts on scripting from a blog I wrote on Last years game.

Quote:
On the flip side giving up goals often feels cheap, I feel like I'm fighting my whole team and the goal is sort of scripted. That's a horrible feeling to have while playing a video game. I'll admit that I've even rage quit a match vs the ai in master league and had a goal scored almost in the same way around the same time early in a game, it happened in 3 straight games vs the same team which really gave away the scripting issue. Yes there are ways to counter and prevent it if you play really good defense but you still get this overwhelming feeling that the ai is sort of scripted to make something happen.
I don't know if certain games just have certain "rails" they follow or if it's just certain game mechanics being more noticeable. For example things like being unable to switch to an offensive player who is clearly in better position to get to a pass you intended for someone else. Or how there's an invisible fence you can't cross when the opposing goal keeper kicks it short (even after the ball is out of possession of the goal keeper).

Things like that are just bad game design. They're a shortcut to balance when more legitimate and realistic balancing mechanics can't be either thought of or implemented in time.

It's a shame because there are so many great things about this game but there are still a handful of fundamental gameplay mechanics that stick out and drag the experience down.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »