Home

Will the Saints ever play in New Orleans ?

This is a discussion on Will the Saints ever play in New Orleans ? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Will the Saints ever play in New Orleans again?
Yes 2 12.50%
No 14 87.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-22-2005, 07:33 PM   #9
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Will the Saints ever play in New Orleans ?

Not this year however there is a nasty situation brewing that's not really being reported. Benson is apparently negotiating with San Antonio to keep the team there. Now under normal circumstances that'd be iffy but would pass thru the NFL's approval system.

The thing is, after the hurricane the owners aren't going to let that move happen. It'd be worse then the Baltimore move because it seems like Benson would be turning his back on a community that would need at least some kind of entertainment to keep their minds off the rebuilding effort. The NBA has done a very good job of this as the Oklahoma thing is definitely only a one year deal.

The only way the Saints move is if they go to LA. If Benson only wants to go to San Antonio then it'll be shot down. The NFL is known for it's goody goody image and moving a team after a natural disaster would look very unprofessional and non caring.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 10-22-2005, 07:43 PM   #10
Banned

dkgojackets's Arena

OVR: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsmanTO
The NFL is known for it's goody goody image and moving a team after a natural disaster would look very unprofessional and non caring.
very true, but right now New Orleans is a city with no money and a ****load of repair work to do. I dont see how they could manage to keep a team.
Old 10-22-2005, 07:47 PM   #11
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgojackets
very true, but right now New Orleans is a city with no money and a ****load of repair work to do. I dont see how they could manage to keep a team.
True but they have to look like they have a heart. That's why they'll shoot down the move to SA but grant a move if it's to LA.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2005, 08:12 PM   #12
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsmanTO
Not this year however there is a nasty situation brewing that's not really being reported. Benson is apparently negotiating with San Antonio to keep the team there. Now under normal circumstances that'd be iffy but would pass thru the NFL's approval system.

The thing is, after the hurricane the owners aren't going to let that move happen. It'd be worse then the Baltimore move because it seems like Benson would be turning his back on a community that would need at least some kind of entertainment to keep their minds off the rebuilding effort. The NBA has done a very good job of this as the Oklahoma thing is definitely only a one year deal.

The only way the Saints move is if they go to LA. If Benson only wants to go to San Antonio then it'll be shot down. The NFL is known for it's goody goody image and moving a team after a natural disaster would look very unprofessional and non caring.

It's not a rumor. The mayor of san antonio sat down with benson but it doesn't matter because the move would never get approved.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 10-22-2005, 10:18 PM   #13
Go Ravens

ravensfan52's Arena

OVR: 3

Now if and only if the Saints somehow end up in Los Angeles, That would put the L.A. Saints in the NFC South. They should be in the NFC West. My initial thought would be to flip flop spots with St. Louis. They are closer to being classified as south than the Saints. Or even the Cardinals. Just not the Niners or the Seahawks.
Old 10-23-2005, 12:08 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

It doesn't look good...

Most probably SA in 06 and LA after that

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2201514

There is a chance that a Cleveland/Houston deal occurs where NO loses its team only to gain one later on but that is unlikely
Old 10-23-2005, 12:17 PM   #15
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

It really seems like people are hoping that the saints leave new orleans.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2005, 01:00 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 17

Just saw something about this on some networks pre-game show. Looks like Benson has a free get out of New Orleans clause in the stadiums contract if a natural disaster should damage the superdome. Looks like they will be in San Antonio.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »