Home

Browns @ Steelers

This is a discussion on Browns @ Steelers within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2006, 04:25 AM   #17
2023 National Champions

Psyblast's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Browns @ Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb2124
I could be wrong though...

Too bad the D gave up that TD to Edwards near the end. A shutout would've been very nice.

If the Browns ever get any semblence of a QB, teams will begin to find out that it will be VERY hard keeping Braylon Edwards out of the endzone.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:08 AM   #18
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyblast
If the Browns ever get any semblence of a QB, teams will begin to find out that it will be VERY hard keeping Braylon Edwards out of the endzone.
And there is the challenge! The NFL should hire counselors for the Browns and the Lions. How now to mess up your qb's.

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Old 12-08-2006, 08:31 AM   #19
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyblast
His only problem is he averages 1-2 drops a game.

Ugly game last night, I turned it off near the end of the 3rd. God we suck.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 12-08-2006, 08:39 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
Aren't you so glad that you turned out wrong about EVERYTHHING.
Yeah that definitely wasn't one of my stronger predictions. In fact, that might go down as one of the worst ever.

I didn't realize until this morning how close Parker was to breaking the all time rushing record set by Jamal Lewis. There was a lot of time left when he got yanked out of the game. He did have 32 carries at the time so I'm sure that played a role....that and there was really no reason to keep him out there.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:33 AM   #21
2023 National Champions

Psyblast's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
His only problem is he averages 1-2 drops a game.

Ugly game last night, I turned it off near the end of the 3rd. God we suck.

That's not surprising. I'm sure we both saw enough of Braylon at Michigan to know he's always had concentration problems. He can leap into the sky and pull the jump ball down one minute, and drop the laser between the numbers on the next.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2006, 11:00 AM   #22
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

I'm gonna drop some "cooler knowledge" on y'all:

Since 2000 there have been 17 RBs with 200+ yard games. The Browns have been victimized 5 times. They gave up the "magic number" to Rudi Johnson, Corey Dillon, Jamal Lewis x2 and last night to Willie Parker.

That's some sad stuff if you're a Browns fan. I guess the Browns had erectile dysfunction last night as before the game I heard a quote from Crennel saying how the Browns will be up for this game because it's against the Steelers and he has no doubt the team will be up against 'em because it's their biggest rivalry game.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 12-08-2006, 11:03 AM   #23
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
I'm gonna drop some "cooler knowledge" on y'all:

Since 2000 there have been 17 RBs with 200+ yard games. The Browns have been victimized 5 times. They gave up the "magic number" to Rudi Johnson, Corey Dillon, Jamal Lewis x2 and last night to Willie Parker.

That's some sad stuff if you're a Browns fan. I guess the Browns had erectile dysfunction last night as before the game I heard a quote from Crennel saying how the Browns will be up for this game because it's against the Steelers and he has no doubt the team will be up against 'em because it's their biggest rivalry game.
We can't beat the Steelers any more, and I have no idea why. It's funny though, we've given up all those rushing yards, but then turn around and shut down backs this year. Our defense just doesn't show up for every game...ok, maybe 1 out of 5, but they do show up every now and then.

To me, Derek Anderson is the QB this team needs, even though we got walloped, I think he's the QB of the future here. Big strong kid, just no real time to play. I hope they keep Frye out 1-2 more games at least, give Anderson a shot, I think as he gets more experience, we may have something. And if not, what did we lose? nothing.

Psy, Braylon has all the ability in the world, just that lack of concentration bothers me. Him and Winslow are 2 major weapons for us, but we can't seem to use either right.

Go Cleveland

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 12-08-2006, 11:09 AM   #24
2023 National Champions

Psyblast's Arena

Personally, I don't think Cleveland has anywhere to go but up. Droughns is a solid RB. I haven't seen a LOT of them, but if Droughns can produce I assume the O-line must not be horrible (and considering Bentley hasn't been there). Winslow and Edwards, while their attitudes might be a bit...flamboyant...they're two uber-talents. If they can find consistent QB play, the offense should be set, and they can focus on improving the defense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »