Home

Millen Man March

This is a discussion on Millen Man March within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2006, 02:10 PM   #9
Im The Baby/Gotta Love Me

elicoleman's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Millen Man March

This was from last year but still funny...

http://www.thebrushback.com/millenmarch_full.htm

“My agent tells me that talking about this ‘Millen Man March’ would be detrimental to my career as a general manager,” Millen said during a phone interview today. “I can see his point. A thousand people marching in the streets calling for your ouster reflects poorly on your job performance. So I guess I just won't mention it to any potential employers. Personally I don't think it's such a big deal, but you know how petty people can be sometimes.”

The protest was sponsored by a local radio station. Though it started with only 500 people, the crowd grew to over 1,000 during the five-block march to Ford Field. Millen himself didn’t see the march but commented on it afterward.

“The fans should know that whatever frustration they’re feeling, we’re feeling the same way,” he said, moments after the Lions 41-17 loss. “However, I would really appreciate it if they would curb the public displays of hatred. That could hurt my future job prospects. For instance, if you’re interviewing for a job at Krispy Kreme, and the manager gets wind that you once pissed in the coffee maker while you were working at Dunkin Donuts, that might reflect badly on you. Well, that’s how I feel. I’ve been pissing in the coffee maker that is the Detroit Lions all these years, and I’d really rather people didn’t find out about it.”
What I'm Currently Listening To
Old 12-22-2006, 03:24 PM   #10
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Millen truly needs to go but at least he made a good hire last offseason with Miranelli. I think he'll eventually be a pretty good coach in the league. The Lions organization needs a house cleaning of epic proportions yet the Fords seem content to let the franchise slip even further into ridicule.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 12-22-2006, 03:32 PM   #11
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

It would be great if the entire stadium took part and everyone left.

Maybe we can get that to work in Cleveland?

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2006, 04:04 PM   #12
Supporter

SlimKibbles's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
It would be great if the entire stadium took part and everyone left.

Maybe we can get that to work in Cleveland?
Not to get OT, but do you guys really hate Crennel that badly? I still think he's trying to clean up Butch Davis' mess and been snakebit with injuries to key players.
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NHL: Calgary Flames

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"The wisest men follow their own direction." - Euripides
Old 12-22-2006, 09:22 PM   #13
2023 National Champions

Psyblast's Arena

OVR: 43

Since 1957, the Detroit Lions have more new stadiums (2) than playoff victories (1).

Have a nice day. Fire Millen.
Old 12-22-2006, 10:31 PM   #14
Banned

dkgojackets's Arena

OVR: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by elicoleman
That could hurt my future job prospects. For instance, if you’re interviewing for a job at Krispy Kreme, and the manager gets wind that you once pissed in the coffee maker while you were working at Dunkin Donuts, that might reflect badly on you. Well, that’s how I feel. I’ve been pissing in the coffee maker that is the Detroit Lions all these years, and I’d really rather people didn’t find out about it.”
Old 12-22-2006, 11:44 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

so wait, they're going to buy tickets, and then get up and leave early, and they are questioning Millen's decision making?

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2006, 01:55 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMiss2000
so wait, they're going to buy tickets, and then get up and leave early, and they are questioning Millen's decision making?
You obviously don't know any Lions fans. The tickets were already bought. They were probably purchased months ago. Most of the Lion's home games sell out (or close to it) before the season even starts. There is a huge waiting list to get season tickets. You wouldn't expect that given what a worthless franchise it has been ever since the Fords bought it, but people here love the Lions. Even as bad as they are, the Lions are more popular than the Red Wings, the Pistons, and even the Tigers, all of whom have won MULTIPLE championships since the Lions' last championship (1957), and all of whom are actually good at present.

I used to have season tickets, but I decided not to renew them after last season. I am a diehard Lions fan, but the product simply did not justify the expense. I used to say that as long as Millen is there we have no hope. Now I believe that as long as William Clay Ford Sr. is alive we have no hope. The guy is clueless, stubborn, loyal, and completely detatched from the fanbase. He is an old money aristocrat who sees the Lions as his toy, and nobody is going to tell him how to run it. His son may not have been able to turn Ford Motor Co. around, but at least he would have enough sense to fire the worst GM in NFL history. Heck, Ford Jr. actually fired HIMSELF when he saw he was incapable of getting the job done. So while I will never go so far as to wish for another man's death, the thought that Ford Sr. is now an octogenarian does cross my mind now and then when I think about the Lions' prospects for the future.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »