Home

Cowboys @ Giants

This is a discussion on Cowboys @ Giants within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2007, 04:32 PM   #1
Banned

Freelance's Arena

OVR: 21
Cowboys @ Giants

Since Dallas' thrashing of the Eagles, there's an eery silence from the Giant faithful this week. I don't sense much optimism from the Meadowlands.

The Cowboys can win the division Sunday with a win against the Giants. The Redskins the following week serve as a formality, so a chance to seal the division is there for the taking, if Dallas will do the taking. I don't see the Cowboys giving up a 3-game lead the rest of the way.

A victory puts Dallas only two games up in the standings, but it would be virtually three because the Cowboys would own the tie-breaker against New York.

I've seen every game the Giants have played, and I'm not particularly impressed. The offense moves but sputters, and the secondary is still awfully vulnerable. They've been getting great pressure, but sacking Romo is a different animal than sacking what they've been sacking. Just ask Chicago and Philly.

Dallas will have its starting secondary healthy for the first time this season. Henry is supposed to give it the full go on Sunday, and Tank Johnson will be available to spell Ratliff.

I see a convincing win on Sunday, particularly if it stays dry in New York this weekend.

Dallas 35, New York 17.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2007, 05:35 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Cowboys @ Giants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelance
Since Dallas' thrashing of the Eagles, there's an eery silence from the Giant faithful this week. I don't sense much optimism from the Meadowlands.

The Cowboys can win the division Sunday with a win against the Giants. The Redskins the following week serve as a formality, so a chance to seal the division is there for the taking, if Dallas will do the taking. I don't see the Cowboys giving up a 3-game lead the rest of the way.

A victory puts Dallas only two games up in the standings, but it would be virtually three because the Cowboys would own the tie-breaker against New York.

I've seen every game the Giants have played, and I'm not particularly impressed. The offense moves but sputters, and the secondary is still awfully vulnerable. They've been getting great pressure, but sacking Romo is a different animal than sacking what they've been sacking. Just ask Chicago and Philly.

Dallas will have its starting secondary healthy for the first time this season. Henry is supposed to give it the full go on Sunday, and Tank Johnson will be available to spell Ratliff.

I see a convincing win on Sunday, particularly if it stays dry in New York this weekend.

Dallas 35, New York 17.

LOL...Ok buddy...Giant fans dont have to show you or any cowturd fan anything.....THe Giants will do the talking on the field....We will see who is the better team come Sunday....For as much talk as there is that the Giants have not had a hard schedule... Look at who Dallas beat..The only real team they played was the Pats......Should have loss to the Bills and was tight vs the Vikins...

The Giants pass rush will be the key to this game....If they get pressure on Tony then I can see him making mistakes... On the other hand the Giants will just spread the pathetic excuse of a secondary that Dallas has and we will throw on them all day. Plus the beast is healthy and ready to run over Roy Williams and his horse collar tackles...

Plus Osi is healthy and in that first gam we had no Osi for most of the game and no Jacobs for most of the game and Strahan had not even practiced all summer...

I give Dallas respect because they are nice.... But dont blow your horns to loud.... We will see come Sunday
Old 11-06-2007, 08:46 PM   #3
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28

We had no Newman that first game.

Anyway, this will be a close one. I give a slight edge to NY because it is at NY.

Hopefully Tank can make a difference. We need him in there. Ware and Ellis should get pressure on Eli. Romo doesn't make that many bad mistakes, even with pressure on. There was pressure there against Philly but Romo is pretty good with eluding that pressure. The difference is, the pressure will be coming from all sides as the Giants front 4 can all bring the heat.

Hopefully the OL stays discipline, and the defense can continue to improve.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:56 PM   #4
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Why would Giants fans be scared because the Cowboys beat the team that was in last place in the East?

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 11-06-2007, 09:30 PM   #5
MVP

Saber's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Why would Giants fans be scared because the Cowboys royally embarassed at home, the team that was in last place in the East?
No idea.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2007, 09:34 PM   #6
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

I think Dallas wins this game going away. Maybe it's just me.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:34 PM   #7
MVP

Saber's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjonesfan921
We had no Newman that first game.

Anyway, this will be a close one. I give a slight edge to NY because it is at NY.

Hopefully Tank can make a difference. We need him in there. Ware and Ellis should get pressure on Eli. Romo doesn't make that many bad mistakes, even with pressure on. There was pressure there against Philly but Romo is pretty good with eluding that pressure. The difference is, the pressure will be coming from all sides as the Giants front 4 can all bring the heat.

Hopefully the OL stays discipline, and the defense can continue to improve.
Their front 4 HAS to bring the heat because their back 7 is garbage. I do expect us to lose this game seeing as the Giants have had 2 weeks to scheme and plan for it. If we don't lose, we could well roll for the rest of the season minus a stiff test at Washington, the Pack and the Lions. But I'm sure any Cowboys fan would be just fine with a 12-4 season. I know I would. Have to go back to '95 (when we last won a Superbowl) to match that record. Several others to look at... the last time the Cowboys recorded 40 sacks, something we're on pace to do now... is back in '94 when we had a defensive line featuring Charles Haley, Tony Tolbert, Leon Lett, Russel Maryland, and Chad Hennings among others. I believe Tony Cassillas (sp) may have also been on that team, and possibly Jim Jeffcoat.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:35 PM   #8
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

If the Cowboys' offensive line can play as well in New York as they did in Philadelphia, I like our chances. The Giants' front four is tenacious.

I'm anticipating that, unless he's improved drastically in coverage since Week 1, Mathias Kiwanuka won't be assigned to cover Jason Witten again; Witten tore him up the first game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »