Home

Bears @ Raiders

This is a discussion on Bears @ Raiders within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-11-2007, 07:39 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: Bears @ Raiders

Ok, could we please get Russell in their next week?....please?
Old 11-11-2007, 07:40 PM   #50
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaveli
Why? Why ruin the kid?
Old 11-11-2007, 07:44 PM   #51
MVP

DrDoom77's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie75
He isn't injured. Kiffin believes McCown's mobility gives them a better chance offensively.

I have to agree. He isn't good, but he can buy an extra second of two as opposed to Daunte. Culpepper is really slow getting out from under center.
Of course, it would help if his receivers would bother putting forth a little effort. I still can't believe that play toward the middle of the fourth quarter where it looked like everyone was standing around as McCown desperately ran around, looking for someone to throw to. Completely pathetic on both teams' part.

And I have to say, I think Oakland had the worst offense I've seen all year. Coming from a Bears fan, that's really saying something.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2007, 07:49 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeKing
*waits for Jistic to come in here and say I told you so*
Not at all. Rex didn't set the world on fire.

My whole point all along is simply that firstly, he's the best option we have at QB. It is what it is. He also can make plays. And his stats really show a young QB with upside.

The other big thing is the worthless media experts (Chicago's especially) who do everything they can to tear people down. Now all these idiots can see that Rex is not our 1st, 2nd, or 3rd problem on offense. I remember all the crap about the fumbling the snaps EVERYONE blamed Rex. NOBODY would DARE say it might be the all time best center in world history Olin Kreutz. Yet we've seen in twice already with Griese (one to start the game today). But Rex is an easy target.

Either way I hope Rex goes the rest of the way. Clayton said that this week he's had the most reps in practice since being benched, so it was looking like this was gonna happen anyway.

He may not be anything special, but man you only have 7 more games to be sure, unless he does a one year deal next year. Find out if your 1st round draft pick that you've committed to, is your guy. The media can stick a sock in their mouth now, NOT because Rex won a game. But because it's obvious that when the other, veteran, supposed game manager had more turnovers than him, you got other problems. Just let the kid play football, finish the season, and if he sucks. Let him walk. It's what I've been saying the whole time.

I still think we're gonna lose next week BTW with our without Rex.

Old 11-11-2007, 08:05 PM   #53
Commitment to Excellence

Howie75's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaveli
No way, not on the road, in a dome against Minnesota.

I have been saying this repeatedly...with the personnel around him, especially the oline, he cannot succeed. I don't think it's worth the gamble on dmaging him long term.

Christ, even the players agree....Ronald Curry said the same thing.

Oakland has some posession type receivers, no legitimate deep threat, and even if they did, the line can't protect long enough to throw deep.

As it is the Raiders are facing 8 man fronts and constant blitzes, because they can't throw downfield and loosen things up. It would be a nightmare for Russell..he isn't even as mobile as McCown, who is running for his life when not immediately sacked.

I saw ONE play today where McCown had a lot of time to throw. Of course, his pass was errant but come on....
Old 11-11-2007, 08:07 PM   #54
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:24 PM   #55
Banned

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
Not at all. Rex didn't set the world on fire.

My whole point all along is simply that firstly, he's the best option we have at QB. It is what it is. He also can make plays. And his stats really show a young QB with upside.

The other big thing is the worthless media experts (Chicago's especially) who do everything they can to tear people down. Now all these idiots can see that Rex is not our 1st, 2nd, or 3rd problem on offense. I remember all the crap about the fumbling the snaps EVERYONE blamed Rex. NOBODY would DARE say it might be the all time best center in world history Olin Kreutz. Yet we've seen in twice already with Griese (one to start the game today). But Rex is an easy target.

Either way I hope Rex goes the rest of the way. Clayton said that this week he's had the most reps in practice since being benched, so it was looking like this was gonna happen anyway.

He may not be anything special, but man you only have 7 more games to be sure, unless he does a one year deal next year. Find out if your 1st round draft pick that you've committed to, is your guy. The media can stick a sock in their mouth now, NOT because Rex won a game. But because it's obvious that when the other, veteran, supposed game manager had more turnovers than him, you got other problems. Just let the kid play football, finish the season, and if he sucks. Let him walk. It's what I've been saying the whole time.

I still think we're gonna lose next week BTW with our without Rex.
Agree with everything you said. I would like to point out that the offensive line played pretty good today and gave BOTH QB's time to throw.

I still think Cedric stinks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2007, 01:02 AM   #56
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Had some company so I couldn't post until now. I am happy for Rex that he led them back. The pass and catch was sweet.

That being said this team is a suckfest right now. The D played really good, but since the Raider O is so bad, I am not sure if it means anything. The O is just a sick joke. The line is god awful, the RB is just terrible, and we just can't get anything going with any consistency. Oh well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »