Home

MNF: Titans @ Broncos

This is a discussion on MNF: Titans @ Broncos within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2007, 08:15 AM   #89
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18
Re: MNF: Titans @ Broncos

So I guess Denver is in sole possession (don't understand how since Denver and SD both have 2-1 records in the division and SD won the heads up game) of first place in the AFC West - cool! At any rate that is what they said during the broadcast if Denver wins - I still don't get it though. It still seems like they own a share of first place and that the announcers were wrong to me.

As for Cutler's arm - I'm wowed the more I see him play, a freakin cannon especially accurate on the run. Glad the RB rookies for Denver are getting used to the system as well.

As for the Titans, did their defense take a game off or was it a matchup issue? I think Vince Young still did very well and so far that Madden curse is crap this year.

As for that "catch" before halftime, that should have definitely been reviewed, I think it was a catch no doubt. I wonder why the Titans didn't just stare at the officials or Jeff Fisher throw the flag out anyways to get a booth review (even though the booth has to review it under 2 mins it might have prompted them to do so) if you remember a couple of years ago Herm Edwards did that with the Jets and it got the booth review process working.

Either way it was a good game for a Bronco fan and next week vs. the Bears in Soldier field should be interesting.

Last edited by MaddenMan; 11-20-2007 at 08:25 AM.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:30 AM   #90
MVP

skydog71's Arena

OVR: 12

Even though we lost, I saw a lot of encouraging things. VY looked very sharp, and if you take away a couple of dropped balls & turnovers, the Titans could have put up 30-40 points. Granted, the defense played poorly... but we were without Haynesworth and Harper. That's no excuse for poor tackling, but the defense will have better games. It's important to have both an offense & defense, especially this year with the Pats rolling. A couple of weeks ago when we were 6-2, I didn't think we'd be able to compete against a team like the Pats. But if the offense continues to improve, and if the defense can get healthy and tighten up, we might be able to pull off an upset or two in the playoffs.

Of course, there's still the whole thing of actually making the playoffs... and the wildcard race is getting a little congested.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:23 AM   #91
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvesdereuter
No, this just affirms why there was nothing wrong with what he did the first time. What seemed to escape everyone at the time was that it cuts both ways and that makes all the complaining crybaby BS. I even remember people saying you get a free play by doing this. Dumb.
Co sign, that is the point I was trying to make when this first happened. Mike Shannahan is a smart coach, he knew the risk/reward when he made the call in week 1, and he understood the risk/reward last night and I am sure this will not change his mind and stop him from doing this later in the year.

That is exactly why I hope they dont stop coaches from doing this. Sometimes it works and sometimes it backfires. You cant carry timeouts into the second half, so you might as well use them. To me, it is another reason to save your timeouts and it adds more strategy to the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkhera1
What happened to Selvin Young? Denver changes running backs so quickly its quite incredulous.
Injury.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies

Last edited by Aggies7; 11-20-2007 at 09:26 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2007, 01:09 PM   #92
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
Co sign, that is the point I was trying to make when this first happened. Mike Shannahan is a smart coach, he knew the risk/reward when he made the call in week 1, and he understood the risk/reward last night and I am sure this will not change his mind and stop him from doing this later in the year.

That is exactly why I hope they dont stop coaches from doing this. Sometimes it works and sometimes it backfires. You cant carry timeouts into the second half, so you might as well use them. To me, it is another reason to save your timeouts and it adds more strategy to the game.

Injury.
I wasn't saying it should die because the league should take it it way from the coaches. I was thinking it should die because the coaches would realize that it is not a "strategy". If a kicker misses it's because he's not that great in the first place, or he may have have an off moment. I don't see how icing works even in the most high pressure situation. Shannahan got lucky calling the TO with Janikowski, simple as that. These guys are professional kickers, not some chump out of the stands being asked to kick a football.

It's like when you hear a jerk on the bball court yell while a shooter takes a shot. Even in that situation the yell rarely effects the shot. It's a bit** move if you ask me. Do you think that yelling would effect an NBA player's shot. I didn't think so.

If Shanahan is 50/50 being a bit** and would of been 50/50 not being one, why not just stick with not being a bit""?

Last edited by andayaman; 11-20-2007 at 01:11 PM.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:28 AM   #93
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andayaman
I wasn't saying it should die because the league should take it it way from the coaches. I was thinking it should die because the coaches would realize that it is not a "strategy". If a kicker misses it's because he's not that great in the first place, or he may have have an off moment. I don't see how icing works even in the most high pressure situation. Shannahan got lucky calling the TO with Janikowski, simple as that. These guys are professional kickers, not some chump out of the stands being asked to kick a football.

It's like when you hear a jerk on the bball court yell while a shooter takes a shot. Even in that situation the yell rarely effects the shot. It's a bit** move if you ask me. Do you think that yelling would effect an NBA player's shot. I didn't think so.

If Shanahan is 50/50 being a bit** and would of been 50/50 not being one, why not just stick with not being a bit""?
because if he wasnt a ''bit**'' we would be 4-6
Old 11-21-2007, 12:50 AM   #94
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by andayaman
Personally I like the idea, but hey thats just me. Anyways I guess I see your point as well, but theres already a thread for the "timeout before the FG" argument, and I dont want to turn this thread in to that. But like I said you do have a valid point, but I dont think Shannahan was lucky.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »