Home

So was Mario Williams a great pick at No. 1 afterall?

This is a discussion on So was Mario Williams a great pick at No. 1 afterall? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2007, 11:56 PM   #25
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: So was Mario Williams a great pick at No. 1 afterall?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottd
Has there ever been a QB that came in too the NFL and rip it up?

Well he was back up for a long time, but he did tear it up when he started.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2007, 12:00 AM   #26
We'll waste him too.

snepp's Arena

OVR: 32

That pic makes me want to vomit every time I see it. Someone needs to wipe that **** eating grin off his face.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:14 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31
As of now, Vince Young isn't doing a damn thing. I'd rather have Matt Schaub with this team.

And Ill, if you're gonna play the "If the draft were done again today" game, DeMeco Ryans and Joseph Addai would be battling for the #1 spot.
I totally agree bro. I worded it wrong. I mean if both teams know what they knew today, I still think Bush should have been taken first. I think it was a mistake then and still is, but like I said that is based off a year and a half so I'll give it time.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:47 AM   #28
Pro

OVR: 13

I don't get the Vince Young craze. The guy has a 65.3 passer rating with 5 passing touchdowns and 13 interceptions. Matt Schaub is better than him, not only today, but will finish a better QB for his career. He can make throws down field that Vince can't. Yes Vince can run, which adds a dimension to his game, but he's not even close to as accurate as Schaub.

If Mario Williams becomes a premier DE then people won't miss Bush. But Bush is a weapon on the field, if used properly, can take a team to the next level with his mismatch ability. Bush has shown flashes of greatness, while Mario Williams hasn't separated himself from any decent young end in the league.

Let's not even talk about Vince Young as a potential #1 pick because he's one of the worst starting QBs in the NFL today.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:28 AM   #29
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31
Championship teams are built in the trenches.
That line is genius... and I know you know that.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 11-28-2007, 01:49 AM   #30
Champs

Husker_OS's Arena

OVR: 39

The Texans best draft pick that year isn't a DE...he's a LB

Alabama National Championships

1925-1926-1930-1934-1945-1961-1964-1965-1966-1978-1979-1992-2009-2011-2012-2015

"Fight on, fight on, fight on men! Remember the Rose Bowl, we'll win then..."
Old 11-28-2007, 10:29 AM   #31
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicio10
I don't get the Vince Young craze. The guy has a 65.3 passer rating with 5 passing touchdowns and 13 interceptions. Matt Schaub is better than him, not only today, but will finish a better QB for his career. He can make throws down field that Vince can't. Yes Vince can run, which adds a dimension to his game, but he's not even close to as accurate as Schaub.

If Mario Williams becomes a premier DE then people won't miss Bush. But Bush is a weapon on the field, if used properly, can take a team to the next level with his mismatch ability. Bush has shown flashes of greatness, while Mario Williams hasn't separated himself from any decent young end in the league.

Let's not even talk about Vince Young as a potential #1 pick because he's one of the worst starting QBs in the NFL today.
you probably havent watched him play much, if you have then you probably dont understand what you are looking at. What throw on the field can he not make?

of course, he has has struggles this season, but if you havent watched Titans games this year than you wouldnt know what they are...do you understand the difference between being a 2nd year player at QUARTERBACK compared to other positions? Do you think Matt Leinart, Jay Cutler, or Kellen Clemens have shown better flashes thus far than Young has?

EDIT: I was out of line and i deleted that part of my post. If i would have done that in a court, there would have been an objection. My bad

Last edited by ZB9; 11-28-2007 at 06:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2007, 10:50 AM   #32
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Can't compare business of the NBA vs. the NFL. The NFL franchises make money hand over fist no matter what they do.. Taking VY or not taking VY will hardly make or break the Texans financially.
of course it's not going to break them.

im sure the Oilers would have been ok drafting James Lofton, Clay Matthews, or traded down and drafted Ozzie Newsome instead of Earl Campbell.

and The Cavs would have survived, and they probably still would have turned into a playoff team, if they would have drafted Carmelo Anthony or Dwayne Whistle Wade instead of Lebron James.

you know what im saying man. It's business. A pick in football that high is probably going to take a little while to develop anyway, especially at QB or DE, so why not make the smart business pick?...a business pick that will give your team a much needed buzz in the state that you have been so obsessed with competing with the COwboys for fans in?

Im not saying to do that every year, but that year was an exception...when a local athlete like VY comes along (VY has been a legend around Houston since he played in the Astrodome in high school), and when you were in the situation that the Houston Texans were..they had quite a marketing opportunity that doesnt come along very often.

Last edited by ZB9; 11-28-2007 at 11:05 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »